Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.2

Not tested on animals

on 3/22/2015 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Thought it would be "hype" but I received a sample packet for Christmas and used it last month. I was impressed immediately. I figured it would make my hair soft at first, but less soft the second time third time etc but would make my hair feel "dirty" quickly. well, it feels exactly just as good every time I use it and my hair feel and appear clean longer than it does with my usual products. after purchasing a small bottle, I used it exclusively for 3 weeks and am very satisfied. please note that there are actually two authentic versions of this product, and most reviewers seem to like the chazdean.com version more than the wenhair.com/ wen.com. there's a difference in the Ingredients. Qvc and chazdean.com sell the one that I prefer; wen.com and sephora sell the gunthy renker one.

on 12/24/2014 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've read through some comments below out of curiosity. Many people say it makes hair look dirty etc. even if they use less product. Well that is the mistake. You MUST use lots of product or it will not clean your hair! It is expensive, I have long hair and if I use this everyday it will not last a month. But I don't wash everyday. Before trying this, I tried a similar cleansing conditioner from Target. It was ok but never got my hair clean feeling and was harder to spread then wen. Wen gets my hair feeling clean and soft. I use half the recomended amount first and then the rest after washing it out, works for me. I have fragile hair that is prone to frizz, dry ends and scalp so this is good for me.

on 12/9/2014 1:28:00 PM

WEN is the best thing that has happened to my hair! Wen saved my hair. I have bleached/dyed my hair so many times I lost track. My hair was very thin and brittle and breaking and I needed something to save my hair from falling out. I tried wen and immediately saw a difference in shine, durability and strength in just one wash. Wen really did save my damaged hair and I will continue to use this product. My hair is now thicker, fuller, bouncier, and much much stronger :)

I hate this!
I don't understand the whole "no shampoo" thing, although it has caught on pretty quickly. My mom had a bottle in her shower so I tried it. According to the commercials, I should have noticed an amazing difference after just one wash.
The only thing I noticed was greasy, flat hair and the sensation of weight on my head, like a petroleum jelly hat. If you enjoy spending up to $50 on QVC like mom did and still end up feeling totally unclean, this is for you!
All I want to know is this: does Chaz Dean use body washes? I think so. Then why wouldn't he or anyone else want clean hair? Meh, to each his or her own.

on 9/29/2014 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wen is great! I've bleached and bleached and colored and mistreated my hair since I was 13 years old. Wen tames my hair enough for me to be able to style it. My hair is (was, before the bleach made all my hair fall off) very coarse and very thick. This stuff makes it SO easy to untangle. I also use this with Nexxus Emergencee and I get amazing results.

on 9/13/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a bottle of this stuff as a gift. I have naturally oily skin and hair, so I wasn't sold on the idea of washing my hair with conditioner. To be safe, I decided to shampoo my hair first before using this as the bottle directed (even though it broke my heart to use so much product and I was skeptical of doing so). Well, my hair came out super silky, but so weighed down and greasy feeling. Nope, no thanks! But I'm not one to waste things, so I decided to try using this as regular conditioner (focusing on ends, using a small blob of product, not getting it near my roots, etc.), and you know what? It's actually an awesome conditioner for my coarse, thick hair. It does the best job of detangling my tangly hair of probably any conditioner I've used. I don't love the scent, but it's not strong and doesn't linger, so it's not really a problem for me. And with the way I use it, my bottle will probably last me for years. I've barely put a dent in it. I probably won't repurchase because I'm a cheapskate when it comes to most beauty products and I will try to find something comparable at a better price, but if that doesn't work out, I probably will come back to this.

on 8/26/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Ugh! Okay, folks, don't rate WEN low because the distributor of the product keeps sending you WEN! Here's the deal: there are three ways to get WEN: 1) Chaz Dean's personal salon website (or walk into his salon in Beverly Hills). This is safe. Anything you buy is a one time shipment. 2) QVC. This is safe. Anything you buy is a one time shipment (unless clearly specified as a three month shipment, etc.). 3) Sephora. This is safe. 4) Gunther-Renky (sp?). They are NOT safe. They are the people doing the infomercials you see on tv. Unbeknownst to most people, you are joining a "club" with authomatic monthly shipments that are very expensive. It is very hard to get them to discontinue your membership. Be very careful.

Anyway, I use WEN and do like it. I only buy from QVC. It is very expensive. The key is finding the right formula for your hair, using enough product to properly cleanse your hair, and making sure you rinse it all out.

on 8/24/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I definitely urge people to do their research before falling for the hype! I have been using this for 3 weeks now, and I am pretty sure it's a waste of money :( My hair feels nice and fluffy and clean on day 1, but the flyaways are horrendous. It looks like all my hairs are breaking off... Not sure if that's the case? I have mid-back length, fine hair and a lot of it, and after a day it looks oily and in need of a wash again, with a waxy feel. Brushing is difficult after the 1st day and I don't think this conditions my mid lengths and ends as well as it claims. There is no shine to my hair using this vs normal conditioner, and I noticed this morning that my scalp is a bit flaky. Overall, considering the price and how much of the product you are meant to use each time, there is no way this would last me a month, and I won't be repurchasing. Smells good though :)

on 8/3/2014 5:31:00 PM

I was really excited to try this, & liked it when I very first got it-just like the commercial said, after just one use my hair looked different. My friends even noticed & my boyfriend did as well, my hair seemed shinier, & was bouncy & soft. After a couple days though, there was some issues. I have oily hair as it is, as well as issues with my scalp-not all scalp issues are due to dry scalp, actually many people have issues because their scalp is over oily. I'm one of those people. So anyway, after maybe about 3 days of using it, I noticed that my scalp was not only very itchy, but also my hair despite appearing clean smelled dirty-like for me when my hair is dirty I get this oily odor. What was happening was it just wasn't getting rid enough excess oil, which I know is the whole point of it, but in my case it just makes my scalp even worse. It also didn't seem to be doing anything to really slough off any of the dead skin already on my scalp, which caused it to build up & itch. I know Wen comes in different varieties now & am curious as to if any of them would work better for my type of hair & scalp, but it's kind of expensive for me to give it another try, plus there's so many different varieties now I wouldn't even know where to begin (I know the commercial says you can send it back, but often times it's not as easy as they make it out to be). I think this is probably a good product for some, but it just wasn't right for me, at least not the original one (or sweet almond mint).

on 7/25/2014 12:15:00 PM

If something supposedly does two things, it probably does them both very poorly. Made my hair greasy and dandruff everyday - how is that attractive? Plus, spending 45 minutes in the shower is a waste of time, money and water. Read countless reviews on how after time this will clog your hair follicles causing hair loss. If you are not getting rid of dead skin by cleansing your hair, then this will occur. Finally, I had fried my hair by going blonde, and you know what helped: trimming off the ends every month or so, not styling, going back to brunette, and leave-in treatments (I.e. Moroccan oil, etc.).

Popular Hair Products