Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

Not tested on animals

on 6/5/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a 16 oz bottle from a family friend, and I was not impressed. I don't get it, it didnt do anything for my dry and coarse hair, but the family friend had raved about it for her hair. Maybe it just works for certain people and not for others? I used this as directed for over a week, and I didn't see any change at all really. It didnt hurt my hair, but it didnt help it either- and for the money I wouldn't notice the difference so why fork out that kind of cash? 16 pumps per shower and $32 a bottle? No thanks! I will stick to my normal moisturizing shampoos and conditioners from Matrix Smooth, Loreal professional line (light yellow one) or Joico moisture recovery. This just wasn't for me.

on 5/7/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was SO dissatisfied with this "shampoo"! It was terrible. It made my fine, straight hair look oily and lifeless! And it DID NOT matter how much I used (I tried it all, a little or a lot) and every time it looked worse than the time before. The smell was great, but that is the only good thing about it. Otherwise, it was awful! You know when you take a shower, and you accidently use the conditioner twice rather than the shampoo followed by the conditioner and you can't figure out why your hair looks so terrible for the rest of the day? That is Wen in a nutshell. Very displeased.

on 4/27/2015 11:27:00 PM

For me, Wen is just ok. It didn't do anything amazing for my hair, but it's not bad. I made a video about it of you want to know more. :)

Worst product ever! I regret using it! One use and too much hair fall. I dumped it out so no one would be possibly tempted to use it since it's garbage. Thankfully it seemed to subside, the hair loss. I won't use it ever. I heard bad things but I thought, there are bad reviews on lots of products, correlation doesn't mean causation, but this is utter garbage. It apparently works for some people, but not all, and it's not worth trying it to me. I'm happier with Purely Perfect Cleansing Cream.

on 3/22/2015 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Thought it would be "hype" but I received a sample packet for Christmas and used it last month. I was impressed immediately. I figured it would make my hair soft at first, but less soft the second time third time etc but would make my hair feel "dirty" quickly. well, it feels exactly just as good every time I use it and my hair feel and appear clean longer than it does with my usual products. after purchasing a small bottle, I used it exclusively for 3 weeks and am very satisfied. please note that there are actually two authentic versions of this product, and most reviewers seem to like the chazdean.com version more than the wenhair.com/ wen.com. there's a difference in the Ingredients. Qvc and chazdean.com sell the one that I prefer; wen.com and sephora sell the gunthy renker one.

on 12/24/2014 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've read through some comments below out of curiosity. Many people say it makes hair look dirty etc. even if they use less product. Well that is the mistake. You MUST use lots of product or it will not clean your hair! It is expensive, I have long hair and if I use this everyday it will not last a month. But I don't wash everyday. Before trying this, I tried a similar cleansing conditioner from Target. It was ok but never got my hair clean feeling and was harder to spread then wen. Wen gets my hair feeling clean and soft. I use half the recomended amount first and then the rest after washing it out, works for me. I have fragile hair that is prone to frizz, dry ends and scalp so this is good for me.

on 12/9/2014 1:28:00 PM

WEN is the best thing that has happened to my hair! Wen saved my hair. I have bleached/dyed my hair so many times I lost track. My hair was very thin and brittle and breaking and I needed something to save my hair from falling out. I tried wen and immediately saw a difference in shine, durability and strength in just one wash. Wen really did save my damaged hair and I will continue to use this product. My hair is now thicker, fuller, bouncier, and much much stronger :)

I hate this!
I don't understand the whole "no shampoo" thing, although it has caught on pretty quickly. My mom had a bottle in her shower so I tried it. According to the commercials, I should have noticed an amazing difference after just one wash.
The only thing I noticed was greasy, flat hair and the sensation of weight on my head, like a petroleum jelly hat. If you enjoy spending up to $50 on QVC like mom did and still end up feeling totally unclean, this is for you!
All I want to know is this: does Chaz Dean use body washes? I think so. Then why wouldn't he or anyone else want clean hair? Meh, to each his or her own.

on 9/29/2014 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wen is great! I've bleached and bleached and colored and mistreated my hair since I was 13 years old. Wen tames my hair enough for me to be able to style it. My hair is (was, before the bleach made all my hair fall off) very coarse and very thick. This stuff makes it SO easy to untangle. I also use this with Nexxus Emergencee and I get amazing results.

on 9/13/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a bottle of this stuff as a gift. I have naturally oily skin and hair, so I wasn't sold on the idea of washing my hair with conditioner. To be safe, I decided to shampoo my hair first before using this as the bottle directed (even though it broke my heart to use so much product and I was skeptical of doing so). Well, my hair came out super silky, but so weighed down and greasy feeling. Nope, no thanks! But I'm not one to waste things, so I decided to try using this as regular conditioner (focusing on ends, using a small blob of product, not getting it near my roots, etc.), and you know what? It's actually an awesome conditioner for my coarse, thick hair. It does the best job of detangling my tangly hair of probably any conditioner I've used. I don't love the scent, but it's not strong and doesn't linger, so it's not really a problem for me. And with the way I use it, my bottle will probably last me for years. I've barely put a dent in it. I probably won't repurchase because I'm a cheapskate when it comes to most beauty products and I will try to find something comparable at a better price, but if that doesn't work out, I probably will come back to this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials