April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Brazil Nut Hair Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I don't like this shampoo :( I had a 60ml deluxe sample size of this product. This is for dry, damaged and chemically treated hair. As stated on the bottle, 'With Brazil nut oil to replenish oils. Leaves hair feeling soft and silky.' This is opaque, and has average cleansing properties. It doesn't leave my hair greasy afterwards, and it also does not strip my hair of its natural oils. As much as I like cream-based shampoos, as I feel that it will leave my hair less tangled if I don't follow up with a conditioner afterwards if I am in a hurry. But this shampoo does not leave my hair feeling soft. I have thick, asian hair, and this leave my hair unruly especially if I don't follow it up with conditioner or blow dry it. I also felt that this does not lather as well as my other shampoos, and I had to use quite a lot to cover all parts of my hair and scalp. Hence, this sample does not last me long even though I am rather frugal with the usage of my cosmetics and skincare. One of the reviewers below said that this must be paired with conditioner. I have this conditioner too, and even after shampoo, conditioner and my Sebastian Potion 9, my hair could not be straightened even when I blow dry my hair. This never happened with any of my other shampoos and conditioners even though I mix brands which works for me. I just find this strange. I also find the smell of this shampoo to be rather odd. I have no idea what brazil nut smells like, but this smells like a mixture of macademia nuts and Chuan Bei Pi Pa Gao (TCM for sore throat). It was just odd, and to put the least, unpleasant. I actually had this from some time back, and chucked it to the back of my drawer as I don't like it, but recently dug it out as I am trying to clear my half-used products. Even though I don't like this, I am looking forward to using it up (but not generously as I don't like wastage), and recycling the bottles at The Body Shop. There are many better shampoos on the market as compared to this, so I don't recommend this to anybody who wants a shampoo for dry, damaged or chemically treated hair, and will not be repurchasing this again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by marianneee

The smell of this shampoo is really discusting, but it works verry well!
You dó have to use it in combination with the conditioner, because the shampoo won't make the hair verry soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by flyingpenguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Brazil Nut line doesn't seem to work for me. The salesperson said this would be best for my straightening-perm and coloured damaged hair. Did nothing. Just like some of the other reviewers here, I have to agree-- I think it actually dried out my hair instead. Smell was nice, though, but really, that's all I seem to get from Body Shop products.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2005 11:47:00 AM More reviews by winterdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo (plus the conditioner) says it's for dry/damaged hair... so I bought it. It disappointed me. Only 'Biolustre' saved my hair. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2005 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ekaniasty

This shampoo smells like bad perfume, and it lingers on the hair - yuck. Very unlike other body shop products, which tend to have a natural smell. I didn't find it to be a spectacular performer otherwise, feels weirdly slippery, so definitely thumbs down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 1:50:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wasn't too impressed with this. It doesn't smell very good and it doesn't lather unless you shampoo twice. I wash at night, and when I used this I'd wake up with my hair looking dry. None of my other shampoos do this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2004 6:41:00 PM More reviews by carlakitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at TBS sale earlier in the year for $6. I used this product many years ago and was surprised at how good it still is and very pleased that I found it on sale. My hair is fine and long and this shampoo doesn't weight it down or minimize volume. I also use the Brazil Nut hair treatment too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2004 10:34:00 AM More reviews by monik

Good: Smells nice, makes my hair clean and shiny. When my hair was short, I didn't have to use conditioner after washing with this, now that it's long I do. Not too expensive, considering how nice it is. Bad: I didn't get a pump for my huge bottle. I would definitely buy again. EDIT: I actually thought this was awesome until I switched to another shampoo and noticed how much volume my hair got! I have to change the rating, since apparently it made my hair flat (when it's long anyhow).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2004 9:27:00 PM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice, rich shampoo. The smell is a little obnoxious and it lingers in my hair for at least 6 hours. I bought this on a trip because I forgot to pack shampoo and TBS was the first store I saw. It's a bit expensive and I had to buy a pump so that I could bring it into the showers with me. It's not a very strong detergent (which may be good for some) but since my hair gets quite greasy after one day it's not my shampoo of choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2004 3:50:00 PM More reviews by hollis27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the Brazil Nut Shampoo/Conditioner as a gift, and I love it. My hair is very fine, thin, and damaged - this combo has really worked wonders on it. Doesn't weigh my hair down, moisturizes and detangles it, leaves it shiny and feeling thicker. I've tried a lot of hair products, and this is by far the best. If you care alot about your hair, buy this, the extra few bucks are worth it. I took one lipstick off for the smell - it doesn't smell nutty to me, more floral which I don't like, and it's bloody strong. I'd get it again anyway - just stand in the wind for a minute and the smell fades considerably.