September 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Sunscreen - Korres - Watermelon Sunscreen Face Cream SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by katycucumber

I found this product to be so heavy and oily I felt uncomfortable wearing it on my body, let alone my face. It just felt like a breakout waiting to happen. It didn't sink in, just sat on the surface feeling oily, greasy and dirty. Avoid!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this a GWP from Korres with a couple of other sun products. I was definitely looking for a cream sunscreen to wear underneath my MU so I was excited about this. Alas, I found the texture so thick that it is difficult to apply in the proper amounts. The smell of watermelon is cloying and strangely sickly. I also do not appreciate the faint white caste this SS gave my face. They need to reformulate this ASAP because for the price, it is far from worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jcello

Finally, a sunscreen that doesn't send my skin into conniption fits! This is the only sunscreen I've ever been able to use on my face without breaking out. Moderation in application is the key - you don't need to use gobs of it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by holohoor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sephora e-mailed me, prompting me to review my recent purchases and since I wanted to let MUA know what a let down this sunscreen was anyway -

After the helpful assistance of a sales associate, I find myself still on the hunt for a suitable sunscreen.

The sickly sweet watermelon scent mostly masks the smell of sunscreen and it DOES provide decent protection from the sun [IMO anyway], but that's the best I can say about this sunscreen. It never seems to sink in, leaving a greasy, tacky feeling on your face until you remove it. This drawback alone, I could manage to compromise on and set with powder, but couldn't imagine trying to apply a foundation on top of this texture. That thick feeling of gunk of your face does not go unnoticed by your skin, either. Each and every time I tried this sunscreen I ended up with clogged pores and acne, despite proper removal of the water resistant product. Your mileage may vary, as different skin will react differently, but I'm not willing to go around with lumps and bumps covering my face for the sake of using up a product. Already looking for another sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jlmc8

I like the fact that it protects against uva and uvb and its spf 30 provides adequate protection for my skin. I get mini panic attacks when i realise that i have left the house without applying sunscreen.

oh and i bought it because they try to be natural. It an average sunscreen. A bit sticky but protection is key.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

I am a medium toned asian--this was not only thick and uncomfortable, it was difficult to apply and made my face look chalky. So...not...for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This one just doesn't work for me. I don't like the smell that much. It's a sort of sickly sweet (which is weird because I DO like watermelons, but the smell in the sunblock just isn't working for me). Mostly, however, it's too heavy and hard to blend in and thick on my face and I just don;t like the texture. It might be ok if I were going outside with no makeup on and just using it as a sunblock, but to wear under makeup doesn't work so well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this in the Sun & Safety kit from Sephora. I liked the sound of watermelon and knew Korres was a good brand, so I tried it first. The pros were the lovely smell and that it didn't irritate or break out my sensitive skin (I used for 3 days, if I am sensitive to something I usually know right away). The cons outweighed the pros for me though and I would not purchase this. It's really thick and sticky and hard to apply. It never quite sinks in to my skin and all day I just feel like I have a thick mask on. My t-zone gets pretty shiny with this, too, although I can't say it's that moisturizing because it pulls so bad putting it on. Overall, it's worth a try since it seems like a gentle product, but I just did not like how it felt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by strawberrycharms

I LOVE this sunscreen! Like a lot of others, I got it as a sample in the Sun & Safety kit from Sephora. I've heard a lot of good things about Korres so I tried it first and loved it so much that I haven't had a chance to use anything else from the kit yet.

It smells AMAZING (the watermelon smell is dead on but not at all overpowering), doesn't give my skin any problems, and I appreciate the fact that it goes on pretty white so I can see what/where I missed. It doesn't stay white forever; I think you need to give it 3-5 minutes for it to vanish. I agree that it's really thick and makes it kind of hard to blend in, but I'm happy to put up with that given how great I think the whole thing is.

This is my every day sunscreen. I would not wear it to the beach or in direct sunlight for long periods of time, only because the SPF isn't high enough for me. I switch to Cetaphil's SPF 50 moisturizer for those occasions. Still, I can't get enough of this stuff.. I hope Korres comes out with more watermelon products!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by lilmaggy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I decided to try this because my HG sunscreen from cosmedix is hard to get and $$$ at about 50.00 a bottle.. so I started looking for alternatives. I have to say I LOVE the smell of this. It is thick but I blend it in an it works fine! It does leave my face a little white but once I put my makeup on you it looks normal. I find that it makes for a good moisturizer and I don't need a primer when I have it on. I took one lippie off cuz my HG doesn't leave my face white and comes with a pump in a spray form.