April 17, 2014 | 1729 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - ICE SHINE

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I don't ask much from a shampoo; if it gets my hair clean, doesn't weigh it down, doesn't dry it out and doesn't make it get greasy then I'm usually pretty happy. Unfortunately, asking those for those few things in one product seems to be a tall order. I've tried heaven-knows-how-many shampoos over the years and only one or two that I've bought more than once. Anything I've ever bought for shine had silicones in it, the death knell for volume, if you have an oily scalp like me. I bought the huge bottle of Pantene Ice Shine without high hopes just because it was on sale and I had a coupon. Well, I'm down to the last of it, and I will be buying it again.

Not only does it fill my four criteria, by being both non-drying and non-greasy, it does actually leave a shine behind. I think your results will vary depending on your hair color and hair type. I have several things going for me in the shine department: my hair is brown, my hair is straight, my scalp gets greasy, and my hair isn't chemically treated. My hair retains its shine pretty well, all in all. However, I do notice that this shampoo really kicks it up a notch. It goes from average-shiny to healthy-glossy-shiny. Without silicones!

Now that said, I don't think this would be moisturizing enough for dry or curly hair. You'll just need heavier-duty products with silicones and oils. (I use argan oil on the ends in the winter, when even MY hair gets a little dry.) But if you have oily hair that you're afraid to put shine product on, then this is for you. Dry hair people, look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by JRMT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo hasn't let me down. I see there are a lot of negative reviews and I can understand why, but for my purposes, I like it and this is why:

This is NOT my daily or every other day (or how often you lather up) shampoo. I use this strictly as a clarifying shampoo, which it does a great job at. I think it really strips all the product build up and oil and grime off of your hair and preps it perfectly for a deep condition.

I have naturally stick straight hair that is fine, but I have a lot of it, so to get much of any volume and body in my hair, I use quite a bit of styling product in my hair. I find that about after 1-2 weeks of normal washing and styling that my hair is dull looking with a bed head sort of texture and that's when I use this product. The shampoo really strips everything away and you have, literally, squeaky clean hair. I recommend not messing with your hair too much at this point- I mean don't try to wide tooth comb it or even rake your hands through your hair, because you'll probably cause some breakage. Follow up with a good deep conditioner. I sloppily apply some and leave it for a minute before working it all the way through my hair so that the hair isn't so grippy and likely to break. Then I leave the conditioner on as long as possible.

After rinsing the deep conditioner, my hair is soft and silky and has a lot of shine.
I'm not 100% that I actually would repurchase this. Not because I don't like it, but because it is a huge bottle for something I use 2-3 times a month. By the time I use it up, I think I will be curious to try something new and in general just have something different to look at in the shower. I would definitely recommend this though and why not? It's so easy on the wallet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:25:00 AM More reviews by sezasunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gonna go against the grain here; I love this shampoo/conditioner combo!

I have long hair that doesn't like being slept on (gets greasy and unmanageable) so I wash daily.

I have quite fine, natural coloured, long hair, so weight is something I like to avoid.

This shampoo foams up great, cleans well, smells lovely. And the conditioner conditions!

This isn't a great product for dry hair; it's moisturising qualities are minimal. That's why - in the end - I moved on to Dove Intensive Repair.

So now I use this as a clarifying system (remember ladies if you continually gum up your hair shaft with products, nothing's going to penetrate the shaft - clarify at least once a month)

And as for the name, yeah, the results were high shine and weightlessness :) Not bad on a budget!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by lizknowsbest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is by far the worst shampoo I have ever tried it dryed my hair out so bad it took so much deep conditionings to fix it please do not purchase unless you want to ruin your hair

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just an average shampoo. It was okay in that it lathered up nicely and left my hair clean and not weighed down but no real shine at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

I hate all of Pantene's shampoo's with the pearlescent formulas - They leave a waxy and stiff build up at my roots. The Ice Shine Shampoo is a clear formula and leaves behind zero residue. Ice Shine has been my favorite collection by Pantene so far.. Aqua Light is quite comparable. I still prefer other hair care brands over Pantene.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Loriencox

I have waist length straight, fine hair in massive amounts. Recently I colored my hair and once the color started to gradually fade, my hair looked so dull and blah. This shampoo/ conditioner really did make it remarkably shiny. My hair felt very clean but not stripped after using it...I didn't have issues with static like I usually do when I use a clarifying shampoo. Overall, well with the $3 a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ozbourne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm using this with the ice shine conditioner. I really like the scent of it, and so far it has kept the usual winter static and flyaways out of my hair. Will continue to use this, at least in winter!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by mjkush13

I wanted to try this product because I wanted to add some shine to my hair. I have very curly, thick hair that gets tangled very easily and dries out if I don't use the right shampoo and conditioner. I bought this off of a whim because I haven't used Pantene products in a while, but two weeks later, I find myself loving this!
I have found that this shampoo has made my curls a lot softer and bouncy. When I'm washing and conditioning in the shower, my hair feels silky smooth. It also seems to not be tangling up as much when I air dry it. I'm not sure if it makes me hair that much shinier, which is why I bought it, but I can never completely win with my hair and it still looks nice.
The product overall is good for a Pantene product, smell and formula wise. I like to switch up my shampoos a lot but I may end up buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by mimi1128

I really love this product(s) one because it leaves my asian hair really silky and soft and non bushy at all. i leaves a really silky finish to it ( this is all paired with the conditioner).