September 18, 2014 | 1909 users online

Fragrances - Parfumerie Generale - Intrigant Patchouli

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by WentworthRoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes: ginger, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk and benzoin.

This fragrance opens with an accord I cannot but describe as medicinal; it is pungent and sweet at the same time. The notes then settle into a more harmonious ensemble: I smell patchouli, amber and benzoin. If this was a liquid, it would be gooey and of the colour of dark caramel. As the fragrance dries on my skin the patchouli note become very dominant, the other sweet notes now only frame it. Ginger tries its best to keep the composition light and fruity. I have to say this is a very nice patchouli fragrance. After two hours on my skin the ginger and amber notes have burned off and sandalwood emerges, veering the fragrance into the woody territory. The remaining notes modify the scent of the patchouli, making it woodier, nuttier and creamier with a generous dose of vanilla. Lasts for more than four hours on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a rich and strong pefume. I cannot really decide if I like it-maybe it is a little too decadent for my taste. Obviously the patchouli is the main note but it is much more complex than that. Notes are: patchouli, Mysore sandalwood, benzoin, citrus/hesperides, cinnamon, amber, musk, vanilla and honey. Not really sweet, could be considered unisex, but definitely a fragrance for cool weather. Strong sillage and good staying power. I have enjoyed my sample but I do not think I would buy a full bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely the sexy patchouli I was seeking. It has a dark, smouldering vibe that reminds me of violet crushed velvet and non well-lit interiors. Very spicy yet round, with fullness. It wears close to the skin yet has great depth. It seems very wearable and easily likeable because it isn't too strong, just pleasant, deep, slightly spicy or sweet patchouli. I imagine this would make a good winter fragrance for when it's very cold and icy out. Would smell great on a soft leather jacket.

What is very interesting to me is that I get no ginger at all, and I cook with it all the time, just a light dash of black peppercorn at the top. Lovely. Yes to benzoin, and I can't detect any musk in this whatsoever. The patchouli note is quite noticeable on me, so unless this was recently reformulated, I must have some very divergent skin chemistry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by harperhilton

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

weirdly (and distinctly) urinous at first. later it's better: a bit leathery, a bit sweet, kinda dry. yes, there's a wee bit of patchouli in this, too. intrigant? i think not (unless the fact that it's not much of a patch is intrigue enough for you.) needless to say, this is not pg's finest creation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2006 7:59:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

I'm not partial to fragrances with ginger in them, and since it's such a prominent note here, this scent just doesn't appeal to me. Benzoin gives it a balsamic richness which here borders on being smothering. The patchouli isn't so much a rich, earthy patch, but rather a civet-like accent on the heavy and musky ginger. To me, this smells a bit like some of the drugstore ginger musks: heavy, perfumey and a bit old-fashioned. The fragrance improves upon drydown, but I don't think I can deal with the overpowering initial stages in order to enjoy some soft, warm, ambery base notes. Notes: ginger, animal patchouli, mysore sandalwood, benzoin, amber, musk.