Okay, this is difficult , these WORK . by which i mean, by following the instructions i had very white teeth in a matter of days. HOWEVER i also had to take a trip to the dentist after they blistered my gums, which then bled and parts of my gums came away with my floss. i suggest you buy the weaker strength ones - you will still get white teeth - but they will not burn off your gums. i also had extremely sensitive teeth after this - i got brain freeze on a cold day .
I have naturally white teeth and they have never been professionally whitened, but I like my teeth to glow. Everyone's teeth are different. Some people complain that these strips don't work. No, these strips work, just not on some people's teeth. Some theeth are yellow for other reasons than just food stains. If the enamel is dmamged or discolored due to medication or something else, these won't work on you. Don't expect a miracle to happen. I can use one strip and get the whitest shade (almost too white) for about 2 months. Also, I see some people are paying a ton of money. I bought 14 strips for $10 on Amazon and those last me about 6 to 8 months. I would say this product is a winner for me.
These are the absolute most effective whitestrips I've used. Some helpful tips: First, switch to a sensitive toothpaste 2wks prior to starting the strips. I read that somewhere and I'm so glad I was patient enough to follow through because it's great advice! In the past the otc whitestrips made my teeth really sensitive/painful, but I had no sensitivity issues with the supreme strips, which are stronger, because I started using Sensodyne 2wks before the strips. Second, I know they advertise that you can talk and do other stuff with the strips in, but I found I get better results if I use them when I'm laying down in bed doing nothing. It prevents saliva from pooling around my teeth and coming between my teeth and the strips. Third, if I'm feeling really diligent I'll dry my teeth by wiping them with a paper towel before applying the strips- they stick better that way. And if I'm feeling super diligent I'll even roll up a small piece of paper towel and put it under my lips on top of my gums. This soaks up saliva and keeps the strips really attached, but it's a pain, you look like a weirdo, and it irritates my gums a little so I only do it if I'm in the mood. You can find them online easily and I've had the same box (84 strips) for over 2yrs. Love this product and the great results it gives me in just a few days!
Went from stark yellow to white with just a couple strips.
Haven't kicked my soda habbit so I'll have to keep buying more until I do.
Definitely works though, (and I don't just say that for everything)
I had a list of fails before I tried these:
The storebrand Crest whitestrips - not strong enough. - not enough strips for the extensive treatment I need
That plus white crap? Yeah...didn't do jack.
Just in case anyone wanted to know.
These DO work. So I'm not giving them a mediocre rating because of that. I've used this product for a week twice a day for 30-40 minutes. They did whiten my teeth but they also
- made them more sensitive for at least three days after using them
- the spaces between the teeth didn't whiten so it looked like I had something stuck between them or that I didn't brush them enough
- they are a pain to wear, the taste is horrible and they tended to slide off
- I bought them on the internet and they only shipped the version with 14 whitestrips to my country (yes I used the upper and lower teeth ones on my upper teeth) and the shipping cost more than the product itself
So considering the price and effect it's better to buy something else (unless nothing else works for you), I'm using Plus white for sensitive teeth now, it cost less, tastes better, doesn't hurt my teeth, you get more product and it works just as well.
I'm from Australia and these cost me $99 online (the business is actually from Adelaide, SA but I believe they might be online only.) They're quite expensive here, but I've tried everything and only read good things about these. You can message me if you want to know where I bought them, I'm not sure if I can put it here?
Anyway, these are so worth the price.
I had really yellow teeth thanks to having all adult teeth by the time I was 10, and not really having a strong parent tell me to brush them everyday. Somehow I ended up completely cavity free, but I was left with yellow teeth. I'm now a brushing & flossing maniac! I had tried everything. Nothing worked. So after reading really good reviews, I decided to give them a go.
First off, I've only used 11 (or 12, I can't remember if I put that one on or not!) and my teeth already look natural white or so so so close. I can't tell, because I haven't had teeth this white in about a decade. But I honestly don't think I'll need many more. I'm going to probably try 4 more (so 2 or 3 days worth).
You get a sachet with 2 strips inside. 1 strip for the top row, 1 for the bottom. The strips are clear and they stay clear. The top strip is a little bigger than the bottom strip.
HOW I USE THE STRIPS-
- I don't brush my teeth immediately before I apply these. It says "For best results, do not brush teeth immediately before applying strips" on the box. If I have brushed my teeth, I wait an hour before applying them.
- I peel the strips off of the plastic and I find the center of the strip (just guess). I apply the strip to my teeth, then I fold the bottom of the strip behind my teeth so it stays in place. I then do the same to my bottom row.
- Now look at the clock! Start timing. I leave mine in for 30 minutes. Well, some have been 25, some 35.
- I have a few crooked teeth, barely noticeable, but I use my nail to make sure the strips are getting into those areas.
- After 30 minutes is up, I pull on the right side of the strips and peel them off of my teeth. I've found them so easy to remove. I then brush my teeth with a whitening toothpaste to remove the gel that's left behind (If it's morning/afternoon. At night time, I just brush with normal toothpaste).
- I'm pairing these strips with Pearl White Advanced Formula toothpaste from the brand Beyond. Crest recommend pairing the strips with a whitening toothpaste, but you'll still get results regardless. I'm only using the whitening toothpaste because these strips do not cover all of your teeth. A few at the back won't be reached.
- Don't sleep with these on! They're not meant to be left on overnight or for hours.
- I found that I lost track of time, so I put these strips on when a 30 min tv show began. That way I'd know to remove them when the show ended.
- It says you can drink while having these in, but even my own drool made me paranoid these would move. You drool a lot by the way! I tilt my head back slightly, so they stick really well and there's no drool.
- If your teeth are becoming sensitive or uncomfortable, remove the strips. Try these again when your teeth are back to normal. My teeth were absolutely fine during the first 3 days (6 strips in total), but on the 4th day they become not painful at all, but they kind of tingled. It only lasted for a few hours, so I just used 1 strip that night. I have skipped one day because the tingling lasted until late that night and it made no difference at all. On the day I skipped, I made sure I used a whitening toothpaste. My teeth are back to feeling normal now.
- I've avoided drinks that stain. I've had one Diet Coke and I drank it through a straw. I seriously recommend it. It stops the drink from staining your teeth and it doesn't mess with the whitening process.
Sorry this is long, but I felt like I needed to write all of this! I really do recommend these if you don't have sensitive teeth or gums.
used these consistantly on my slightly dingy coffee abused teeth. they worked wonderfully! i noticed effects starting around the 3rd day of use, twice a day. a few days later i started getting comments/and compliments from friends and strangers. i heard a lot of, "wow! i didnt realize how white and beautiful your teeth are! did you ever have braces?" granted, i was blessed with straight teeth (which is odd, because BOTH my parents have always had teeth issues which have caused them to have to do several things and still they have problems) because my teeth are one of very few things i dont have body/face issues with, i never really did much to enhance them. i did the strips and they brightened my smile a ton! i was extremely happy.
****well, several months and too many coffees later, i noticed some plaque build up between a couple of my front teeth (sorry, not an avid flosser i must admit.. i do try tho!). it was more noticeable considering the surface of my teeth were much whiter from the strips, and the strips can sometimes miss inbetween teeth anyways. i found about 5 random strips i missed under my sink, and i decided to just cut little strips off one of them and place it carefully only inbetween my teeth where the yellow and plaque had built up. i put the remaining of the strip back into the wrapper and sealed it shut. ive been doing this twice a day for a few days now, and its working awesome! i get way more uses from just one strip (does not matter top or bottom. just cut a little strip as needed off the edge). i have 4 more uses from this strip, and i still have 3 more! i have also just become extremely diligent about my flossing, and have also everyother day been using the baking soda hydrogen peroxide combination to clean and whiten. i will only be doing the strips and Hydro/soda combo for maybe another week. 2 weeks total, because i definitly dont want to wear down my enamal. hope this was helpful!****
I had slightly yellow teeth when I decided to but this. I was not too hopeful but it did work from the very first use. I could see quite a bit difference after the second time I used it and it only got better and better each time.
I did not find it fun to apply as it made my mouth water all the time. But I won't complain too much because it really really worked for me. I wish someone had told me about it before. I remember feeling a bit embarrassed to smile. That I don't do any more.
I recommend it to everyone.
These are easy and they work. If you look at the cost of having the dentist whiten your teeth they become affordable and I think the results are the same. I have also used the generic white strips at Walmart and had excellent results with those also. I highly recommend these. I love how simple they are and they also travel on trips really easy.
Wow, I think this product is amazing! When I bought it I didn't expect much to be honest, but I'm really amazed with the results!
My teeth are so white! Actually, a friend at work said that they looked too white(!) but I don't care! I love the way theay look now!
I had whitened my teeth like 3 years ago at a dentist, so they weren't very yellow or stained to begin with, but I'm telling you, the difference is still amazing!
As for sentivity, maybe it made my teeth just a bit sentive to cold water for the next 2 days, but that's it. My brother used them twice but I guess his teeth are morre sensitive than mine, cause he said that the pain was too much for him. I didn't feel like that at all, but I guess it depends.
Overall, I'm very pleased with this product, I will certainly buy this again and of course I recommend it to anyone who wants a bright smile!