April 24, 2014 | 1371 users online

Masks - Biologique Recherche - Masque Vivant

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This mask (when used along side other recommended BR products) has made my skin look like that of a film star. It is incredible. It has never happened with any other range.
Through the years I have used.......drum roll: Lancome, Shisedo, Dr Haushka, Olay, Jurlique, Elizabeth Arden, Dermalogica, Innoxa, La Roche Posay, Kanebo, Avene, Kiehls, Clarins, Clinique, Decleor, Biotherm, Eve Lom, Emma Hardie, REN, Dr Nick Lowe and probably many many more brands.

At this age I've decided to investigate brands outside the makeup main stream. Thanks Caroline Hirons for your blogs and introducing me to P50 and BR.

The BR range is the most quickly acting effective skin care range I have ever used. I won't need microdermabrasion any more. And my clarisonic is a now and then treatment gadget for my face, that I can use on my body instead.

The problems I wanted targeted were: 1) large pores, 2) a reduction in Tzone shine rand improved cheek hydration, 3) to reduce early slight sagging on the cheeks.

Overall I wanted to be confident to go to work without feeling I had to use any foundation or Pore reducing makeup.

My pores and shine have massively improved. I think in a few more weeks I might be able to go makeup free. Maybe I won't achieve that and that is ok- I have genetically dreadful pores.

Im also supplementing with a few BR facials as an investment to help my skin really get a good kick start for 2014.......I think about my face skin like its a precious part of my outfit.....

The dreadful thing is that the odour from the mask actually worsens once you remove it and through the day the odour gets stronger and stronger. Yet as the odour worsens the better your skin looks- you glow and look amazing.

The smell: it is a mixture of: Braggs or soya sauce or Marmite or Vegemite mixed with urine after taking a Vitamin B tablet with a teaspoon of yeast. yup. It'll put you off Vitamin B tablets for life.

This is a pretty pricey range so I think it is smart to get a proper consultation- Im really glad I did. I got a mini facial at mine where they try products on your skin to test it out- and this was redeemable on purchases. I also got given samples to continue with, to help make a decision.

On days where I use the mask-( weekend), I confess I use Shisedo in the evening before bed. This is because I just have to smell something different, something lovely. I just can't cope with the Vitamin B marmite smell.

BR do not recommend you mix between brands in case of reactions as theres a lot of active ingredients in the BR products.

Treat yourselves if you are tired of your skin and have tried as much and as hard as I have to find something that works.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by tayloryepp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, last review 2009? More people need to know about this!

So yes, after reading the reviews, a few things:
--The smell is kinda weird
-This mask is brown, so to me, it looks very.. strange on

However.. I LOVE this mask. Love. I love how it makes my skin feel afterwards. I leave it onfor 20 minutes, then use warm water to wash it off then exfoliate softly with a wash cloth. No better feeling, and I know it helps clean my pores!

So expensive, but it's a good product. I'm basically out of it now, so I will be going back to the spa where I got it from and repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The mask is really good, the cleansing power is descent. My skin was glowing afterwards. Very natural, and works even better with baking soda.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a thick glue-like mask that looks like soy sauce and smells salty. But like most reviewers comment, it does make your face glow afterwards. Your skin is left very even in color and soft and supple in texture. Still, I took off 1 lippie because of the price. Results are great but not amazing for something twice the price of some of the best spa and clinical masks out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very mixed about this product - If I could, I'd give it a 3.5. I got a few sample tubes and have used it 3 times. The 1st time I used it with 10 minutes of steam, and my skin did glow afterwards. The 2nd time, I used it with a little baking soda (according to the instructions), and my skin didn't look nice at all. In fact, it was pretty dry. The 3rd time, I used it again with steam (no baking soda). My skin felt smooth afterwards, and looked ok, but in the morning it doesn't look nice at all.

This has been the case with a few masks I've tried; it looks nice immediately after I take the mask off, but in the morning, my skin is not any better, if not worse. Overall, I'm confused. I'd like to continue to try this line, but it's so expensive.

As far as the smell, I don't think it's that bad! It smells pretty natural to me, nothing really offensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Susan1122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice mask. It smells badly but that makes me think that it is doing something. It is very expensive. I would rather save up and use the money for microdermabarsion or an ultrsonic peel than repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2007 6:37:00 AM More reviews by girlfromipanema

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Biologique Recherche for more than a year. I think the line is good, perhaps I tend to apply too much of each product, whichever way I have not always had good results.
Following a period where I have not been using its products much, taking a break from the pill and trying out several samples, I have had a very angry break out which transported me back to my teenage years (I'm 29 now).
A few days ago I decided to stop using samples, foundation, powder, even if they were very high-end brands and just keep it simple. So I only cleansed with a gentle Nuxe milk, put on a little BR P50 toner, and a bit of BR Dermopurifiante at night. Yesterday I purchased the Masque Vivant which cost me 57.50 euros. I applied it and the consistency surprised me, it is not like a tpical mask at all. To me it felt like SOY SAUCE! The smell, colour, consistency.. When I took it off my skin felt a bit dry so before bed I put a tiny little bit of dermopurifiante cream. This morning my face is clearer, blemishes scarring/fading, and overall more luminous and less oily. I think I will see better results after using a couple of times. I am not much into masks but I am going through a very bad skin period. So I am also considering using this once a week ad getting the Bio Magic Mask to use another day per week.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by ailusorio

This is one of the stars of the only line of product that in nine years had made my milia and acne smooth out; my acne scars and broken capillaries fade; and has not damaged my parched areas of face. The mask smells so horrible that I have resorted to swabbing the inside of my nose with tea tree oil diluted well with water and/or vick vapor rub. Even then, you must breathe through your mouth. It is stomach churningly disgusting (and for reference, I am the type of person who loves smelly cheese etc). But if you can get beyond that, it actually does hydrate, tighten and reduce breakouts. By the way, it is by far the most oderiferous of all the b.r. products and the smell worsens when you wipe it off with a damp cotton pad. So be careful not to get it anywhere near your mouth and don't do it when any loved one is around. My husband can even tell if I've opened the tube anywhere near his vicinity. The only good thing is that after using it faithfully for five weeks (my aesthetician said anywhere from once a day to twice a week), I have grown accustomed to the pungency and know how to breathe. You are supposed to use it after Lait VIP 02 and Lotion P50V. If you follow the instructions on P50V, it says to spray with water to rinse. A wet face makes it easier to spread the subsequent mask, BUT increases the odor. Please see my review for TOner P50 for complete program.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 2:22:00 AM More reviews by sandrabati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff does smell awful and is wicked expensive, but it works really really well. It makes my skin so clear and glowing that it's amazing. I have used this on and off for many years (at least 10) when I can afford it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2006 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ojodeazul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mask is wonderful. It truly draws out all impurities in your skin. It makes your skin look luminous after every use. The only drawback and why I only gave it 4 was that it STINKS...I mean really really smells. I would never ever use this if I had people over and they had to be witness to the stench. However, I personally have gotten over the smell because it works so well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No