September 23, 2014 | 1595 users online

Masks - Biologique Recherche - Masque Vivant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I am on my second tube of this mask, and I have a third in reserve. I have purchased: Crème Verte Espoir, Lotion P50 (original, with phenol), Lait U and this mask. The mask is the only item I will repurchase.

As others have said, it stinks. I tried to wash it off with a sponge per the instructions, and it ruined the sponge, so I wash it off in the shower now. I always use it with a drop of water and a pinch of baking soda, per the advice of the spa where I purchased it (online). This supposedly "dissolves blackheads." I'm not sure that's even possible, but it gives the mask a foamier texture that makes it easier to apply. The day that I use it, I notice my skin appears slightly darker and gets flushed more easily. The following day, blackheads are easier to extract. I do not see much of a difference in pore size or oil production, but the easier extractions makes this an HG product for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

The Masque Vivant like all of Biologique Recherche's products stink to high heaven but this one is one of their worst smelling items. Be forewarned. Thank goodness you don't have to use it every week. I think a website that sells this in the US called 'Shop Rescue Spa' said that you can use this twice a week (?) so that's how often I use this mask.

This seems to be slighly tightening yet still reasonably comfortable and it seems to be mattifying so far but of course I use this along with P50 1970, Complexe Iribiol serum and Creme Dermopurifiante and not solely in isolation. I'm giving this 3.5 lippies but I literally can't here on Makeupalley! : )

I haven't mixed this mask with baking soda yet however but I would like to do that in the future at some point!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by ametrine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mask smells sooooooooo terrible.
I can usually handle herbal or natural smells in products, i prefer them to the artificial mainstream smells..but this, this is a whole other realm.
To me, every time, i get burned bbq chicken. as if you had left bbq chicken out for days and days and then rubbed it all over your face.. with like, a hint of pee...or old undies, or something.
it's putrid.
the smell intensifies as you're washing it off and it still lingers after you scrub it away..
but i swear this stuff is doing something..
i can't quite put my finger on it, but i can tell it's good and i keep on reaching for that bottle and using it over and over.. its on my face as i write this review.
that chick who rubbed tea tree oil inside her nostrils when using this...she was on to something.
try it out if you enjoy your face stinking, but looking nicer.

p.s. I'm using this in with the lotion p50 and creme vip o2.
all winners in my book.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This mask (when used along side other recommended BR products) has made my skin look like that of a film star. It is incredible. It has never happened with any other range.
Through the years I have used.......drum roll: Lancome, Weleda,Trilogy, Lavera, Neals Yard, Shisedo, Dr Haushka, Olay, Jurlique, Elizabeth Arden, Dermalogica, Innoxa, La Roche Posay, Kanebo, Avene, Kiehls, Clarins, Clinique, Decleor, Biotherm, Eve Lom, Emma Hardie, REN, Dr Nick Lowe, Ponds and many many more brands.

At this age I've decided to investigate brands outside the makeup main stream. Thanks Caroline Hirons for your blogs and introducing me to P50 and BR.

The BR range is the most quickly acting effective skin care range I have ever used. I won't need microdermabrasion any more. And my clarisonic can be used on my body instead.

The problems I wanted targeted were: 1) large pores, 2) a reduction in Tzone shine, 3) improved cheek hydration, 4) to reduce early slight sagging on the cheeks.

Overall I wanted to be confident to go to work without feeling I had to use any foundation, tinted moisturiser or pore reducing primer.

My pores and shine have massively improved.

Im also supplementing with a few BR facials as an investment to help my skin really get a good kick start for 2014....... Face and neck skin is part of an outfit.....

The dreadful thing is that the odour from the mask actually worsens once you remove it. Through the day the odour gets stronger and stronger. Yet as the odour worsens the better your skin looks- you glow and look amazing. It is so warped. A weird sort of mathematical dysfuntion.

The smell: horrendous: it is a potent mixture of: Braggs sauce, soya sauce, Marmite, Vegemite, Berocca Vitamin B tablets, hops, and a generous tablespoon of yeast. yup. Suck it up if you dare.

This is a pretty pricey range so I think it is smart to get a proper consultation- Im really glad I did. I got a mini facial to test out products, and this was redeemable on purchases. I also got given samples to continue with, to help make a decision.

On days where I use this mask-( weekend), I confess I use a Shisedo moisturiser and perfume. This is because I just have to smell something different, something lovely. I just can't cope with the persistent Vitamin B marmite smell. We breathe 16-20 times a minute......you feelin me?????

BR do not recommend you mix between brands in case of reactions as theres a lot of active ingredients in the BR products.

If you are totally tired of your skin and have tried as much and as hard as I have to find something that works, then consider the BR range.

***** 8 months later- on weekends and evenings, I go around my local town with un- tinted moisturiser and sunscreen. Im proud of my skin. I can't give up the tinted moisturiser for work- I just love my Nars!!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by tayloryepp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, last review 2009? More people need to know about this!

So yes, after reading the reviews, a few things:
--The smell is kinda weird
-This mask is brown, so to me, it looks very.. strange on

However.. I LOVE this mask. Love. I love how it makes my skin feel afterwards. I leave it onfor 20 minutes, then use warm water to wash it off then exfoliate softly with a wash cloth. No better feeling, and I know it helps clean my pores!

So expensive, but it's a good product. I'm basically out of it now, so I will be going back to the spa where I got it from and repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The mask is really good, the cleansing power is descent. My skin was glowing afterwards. Very natural, and works even better with baking soda.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a thick glue-like mask that looks like soy sauce and smells salty. But like most reviewers comment, it does make your face glow afterwards. Your skin is left very even in color and soft and supple in texture. Still, I took off 1 lippie because of the price. Results are great but not amazing for something twice the price of some of the best spa and clinical masks out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very mixed about this product - If I could, I'd give it a 3.5. I got a few sample tubes and have used it 3 times. The 1st time I used it with 10 minutes of steam, and my skin did glow afterwards. The 2nd time, I used it with a little baking soda (according to the instructions), and my skin didn't look nice at all. In fact, it was pretty dry. The 3rd time, I used it again with steam (no baking soda). My skin felt smooth afterwards, and looked ok, but in the morning it doesn't look nice at all.

This has been the case with a few masks I've tried; it looks nice immediately after I take the mask off, but in the morning, my skin is not any better, if not worse. Overall, I'm confused. I'd like to continue to try this line, but it's so expensive.

As far as the smell, I don't think it's that bad! It smells pretty natural to me, nothing really offensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Susan1122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice mask. It smells badly but that makes me think that it is doing something. It is very expensive. I would rather save up and use the money for microdermabarsion or an ultrsonic peel than repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2007 6:37:00 AM More reviews by girlfromipanema

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Biologique Recherche for more than a year. I think the line is good, perhaps I tend to apply too much of each product, whichever way I have not always had good results.
Following a period where I have not been using its products much, taking a break from the pill and trying out several samples, I have had a very angry break out which transported me back to my teenage years (I'm 29 now).
A few days ago I decided to stop using samples, foundation, powder, even if they were very high-end brands and just keep it simple. So I only cleansed with a gentle Nuxe milk, put on a little BR P50 toner, and a bit of BR Dermopurifiante at night. Yesterday I purchased the Masque Vivant which cost me 57.50 euros. I applied it and the consistency surprised me, it is not like a tpical mask at all. To me it felt like SOY SAUCE! The smell, colour, consistency.. When I took it off my skin felt a bit dry so before bed I put a tiny little bit of dermopurifiante cream. This morning my face is clearer, blemishes scarring/fading, and overall more luminous and less oily. I think I will see better results after using a couple of times. I am not much into masks but I am going through a very bad skin period. So I am also considering using this once a week ad getting the Bio Magic Mask to use another day per week.