LUSH Karma soap

3.6

on 2/28/2015 3:24:00 PM

The good: This soap smells gorgeous (assuming you like patchouli, that is). It's definitely a woodsy smell, and it's classified as "unisex" for a reason. However, if you're not looking fore something overly girly-wurly, you'll probably like this. It also lingers on your skin for about an hour, which is more than I can say for most Lush soaps.
The bad: This soap is quite pricy (as are most Lush soaps, once again). It also has a nasty habit of drying out my skin (again, as many Lush soaps do). If you have dry skin, especially in wintertime, I don't recommend this. Also, the scent is quite strong especially at first, so if you're sensitive to scent be careful.
The ugly: This soap melts quickly; for God's sake, don't forget this in the shower. Dry it off and put it away immediately, or you'll find it's shrunk to half its size after just one use.

on 1/29/2014 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first heard of Lush from my roommate, she raved about the Ocean Salt and the bath bombs, I was never quite sure about the brand. I recently went out to California and stumbled on a Lush shop. I decided to take a peek inside and see what my roommate was talking about. I instantly fell in love with how they had the shop set up, the products they make are all handmade and as close to natural as you can get. The black pots looked like they were in a pantry, the bath bombs in produce crates, and the blocks of soaps resembled blocks of cheese--so cute! I was shown around by the sweet Lush sale rep, she even gave me a demo of a bath bomb! I sniffed around, eventually stumbling on the Charity Pot. I decided to purchase a small pot just to give it a try, I was then given a sample of some Karma soap. I could not get my nose away from this soap, it has such an appealing scent--very spicy with hints of citrus! I tried out the soap the next morning; it lathers nicely. I love how it makes my skin feel CLEAN, not stripped! A lot of people have a misunderstanding about natural products, nothing is completely chemical free--you need chemicals in order for something to react! Before I left California I stopped by the shop again and picked up a full size bar. Karma is the first thing I smell when I walk into my bathroom, my boyfriend always uses it--he says it's a nice unisex scent haha. The product are a little on the pricey side but I definitely respect Lush as a brand, I think what their doing for the environment, communities is awesome! Do some research on this company, it's pretty cool how they got started! I'm obsessed, I will be making a trip to the nearest location here in Michigan sometime soon!

on 11/18/2013 12:26:00 PM

I loooove the smell!!! very refreshing after bath!!=D i want my bathroom to be filled with this aroma! and other Lush products as well!

on 10/31/2013 5:32:00 PM

I love the smell of Karma soap. It smells a lot like incense which is the patchouli, is really spicy, and also a bit like orange. It is a really nice smell (and I do not typically go for such strong smells, I like floral and softer scents normally) that actually stays on my skin which is rare for a LUSH soap, at least in my experience. Unfortunately, I do not love how dry it makes my skin feel.

I may repurchase this again, but only a small piece, because it isn't the best for showering or hand washing but I enjoy the smell.

on 6/6/2013 10:04:00 PM

I use this as I do any Lush bar, I keep it on a paper towel in a ziplock Baggie. I keep it out of the shower, run it over my wet arms, legs, stomach and face a couple swipes and put back out of shower. I lather out of the water all over from this with my gentle scrubby brush. It makes the soaps go really far and you don't need much of this to get a good slip. It washes squeaky clean. I shave with this bar also, I find it semi moisturizing, but sometimes follow this with my King of Skin. I don't have very dry skin however. The scent lingers nicely for a few hours and I love the scent so much! It smells fruity and clean, but not sickly sweet. I want to collect more of the Karma products to try.

on 5/21/2013 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This one is okay it's not very lathering, it is just 'okay' to me

on 4/13/2013 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is I think I my favourite soap from lush. I got it a sample and even my boyfriend loved the scent. I love jasmine scents so it is gorgeous but so expensive that I can't really justify it :(

on 3/2/2013 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love the scent -- fresh, punchy and unique. But $9 for a small bar of soap is ridiculous, especially since it has cheap synthetic detergents in it. I am a soap snob and the small batch exotic oil soaps I buy from artisans don't cost that much.

on 2/21/2013 7:53:00 PM

This Soap smell's so good i am a fan of Lush Karma scent it is a patchouli, lemon grass, Pine, Orange scented product it is so unique i just can't describe the scent. i bought this soap just for the scent. If they came out with a shower gel i would probably have purchased that instead just because i prefer shower gel. This work's just like a normal soap, it cleans well, but i really love this for that karma scent! it is lovely reminds me of being outdoors and it has a wonderfull earthy scent!

Got this in a "Karma set", I was going to buy only Karma Kream, but there's this promotion for the set that comes with a Karma soap, a Karma Kream, and a Karma solid perfume. I have always liked the scent of Karma (my sister hates it, so obviously it's not for everyone), so I thought why not, I will buy the set and give it a try.
The soap has a more intense and orange-y smell than the body lotion, it's a bit drying on the skin (I am used to Dove Beauty Bar, which is not drying at all, so perhaps the comparison isn't exactly fair). I use a Muji net to help it foam up, so it lathers really well in my experience. I think it works better on my hair than my body, and the smell lingers longer on the hair as well.
I think I might buy it again for my hair and the scent. Soaps are a lot more travel-friendly.