L'Oreal HiP Bright Duo - Flare

4.3

on 4/8/2013 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this hoping that the orange would be cool-toned enough to suit me. Although it's not burnt orange, it's still too warm for me. The brown looks yellowy on me besides. On top of that, the compact is hard to open. And on top of *that*, both colors are super powdery. No thanks.

on 5/14/2012 8:17:00 PM

I love the 2 colors but I think it's expensive for a drug store product. I only bought it during Walgreen's buy 1 get 1 half off sale.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like the L'Oreal HiP Flare duo. Both colors are excellent for different reasons. The orange is very bright and highly pigmented. I love to use it in a sunset eye or with several other colorful looks. The beige is less pigmented and makes a lovely highlight shadow for the brow bone or an all-over wash for the eyelid. As with all HiP shadows, they blend easily and beautifully. This is the only HiP duo that I love for both shadows, and the only complaint I have about this one in particular is that the packaging is awful. I don't know why they bother with the little brushes they give you, as they are absolutely useless, and putting them in the bottom makes the packaging clunky and awkward.

on 6/22/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Oh i love this!!! I use this for two different entities. As an eyeshadow for everyday, and for blush!!!!

As an everyday eyeshadow, I love how each color pops my eyes. Its smooth and does not crease. The colors are very pigmented and look good on my complexion.

I use the orange side as a blush. I was watching a guru on youtube and she suggested to use orange eyeshadow as a blush. I did, and am so glad. This orange is the perfect blush. Its not too orange, and the sparkles are not too shimmery. its a perfect blush that looks good on my skin. I love it!!!

on 12/8/2010 6:08:00 AM

In general, I only wear mascara. I'm not a make-up person by any means (lazy). But when I'm going out and I want to put in the tiniest amount of effort, I use the champagne colored side as a beautiful highlight under the brow bone and next to the tear duct. Instantly brings so much light into my eyes! The formula is soft and finely miller, sparkly without massive chunks of glitter. As long as I have moisturized before, this does not budge.The brush it comes with sucks (obviously), but the neat mirror compartment that houses the brush is awesome! It will take me forever to finish, but I don't mind. It does not irritate eyes either. I was having a problem with that, but my friend gave me this and problem solved. The orange color is gorgeous, vibrant and equally as wonderful texture wise as it's companion. However, it is difficult to wear. But the champagne color makes up for that.

on 8/20/2010 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The product can come out of the pan rather powdery at times, however if you're willing to layer this over a nice base or fixer this really isn't a problem. For a HIP shadow these are remarkably smooth in texture and blend rather well. The lighter of the two shades is a bit too dark to be used as a highlighter imo and tends to look bizarre when packed beneath the brow since its so frosty. I can see this being used as a rather nice lid color for contouring. Both colors wore remarkably well when put with a primer and had very nice lasting power. Of all the HIP duo duds this one is finally a winner and I would recommend it to anyone looking for some inexpensive orange shades. My only problem with this continues to be the packaging - the amount of product given is a joke and the applicator is useless.

on 7/26/2010 1:37:00 AM

This is my favorite L'Oreal HiP duo! Both shadows are very pretty, easy to apply, and blend beautifully. The orange is bright and I like to use it in a sunset eye look, usually with the gold from HiP's Flamboyant duo. The other shadow is a nice champagne that works well as a highlight or as a base shadow for a natural look. The only downfall with this duo is the horrible packaging and the useless brushes.

on 6/28/2010 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this duo all the time. It is great for day and night look. the best thing is the unique orange color!! can't easily find an orange eyeshadow that is a decent quality. it's another good duo from the HIP line.

on 6/14/2010 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

swatched it for u, above. Flare is a pretty shadow duo. I would describe the colors as orange and champagne. It's not as pigmented as i expected it to be .However, it looks great with nyx milk as a base. Nc50 skin for ref.

on 6/2/2010 12:54:00 AM

This is nice and easy to blend. The colours are pretty true and strong but I didn't like them on myself. The orange was a little too bright- but that is what a lot of people are hoping for. Another good point is that orange eyeshadows aren't that common, so this is a pretty unique look. I think the packaging is nice, but my shadows are breaking up already. (probably my fault but I don't remember dropping this one)
Still a good buy for the price.

Popular Eye Shadows