Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Isononanoate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Ceteareth-12, Sodium Citrate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/2/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

These wet wipes work about as well as any others I've tried, meaning they don't remove all makeup, and usually need more than one. If I can get them on sale I will repurchase, otherwise probably not. I still find a gentle foaming cleanser works the best for me, especially in humid weather.

on 8/25/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I had a horrible experience with their Exfoliating wipes, which felt like sand paper. Nevertheless, I thought I could give these a try since everyone is raving about them.
I normally use water-resistant foundation and waterproof mascara. I took 2 wipes and placed them on each side of the face for a 30 seconds, so they can break down the makeup a little bit before I can wipe it off.

It did an OK job with removing my water-resistant foundation, but I still needed to wipe and rub a lot to get it off properly.

It does NOT remove waterproof mascara. I placed the wipes on my eyes for a little bit, just like I did with my face. But it only removed about 10% of my waterproof mascara. No amount of rubbing and tugging helped.

I found these wipes to be on the dry side in comparison to some Korean and Japanese makeup wipes. Also the Simple wipes are still scratchy and rough, even though it says that it's "Super Soft".

It's a waste of money.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have the one where it says "Now Super Soft - Removes waterproof mascara", so I'm not sure if this is a "new" thing.

I was wearing Maybelline Matte + Poreless foundation on my face (I was testing out the wear time) and at the end of the day I decided to take it off with these wipes. The foundation came off with ease, my face was left clear and not red like other wipes tend to leave my skin, and all traces of the foundation was removed. Understandably, I was left suitably impressed.

A little while later I wanted to test out whether the "removes waterproof mascara" claim was legit. I can't say I believed it, as I've NEVER come across facial wipes that have been able to remove waterproof mascaras. So on one eye I applied Maybelline Full n Soft mascara, and on the other I applied Revlon Lash Potion, both waterproof.

Just one wipe removed the mascaras thoroughly. I was sold. The Lash Potion was removed quick and effectively, while the Full n Soft took a little longer, but I've always had a little difficulty removing that one. I am really, really impressed with these wipes. I'm going to continue buying them when I run out.

on 7/31/2015 7:23:00 PM

I like wipes. Baby wipes, face wipes, you name it. They're quick and easy. I use baby wipes for pretty much everything, except my face. I basically took a five-year vacation from taking care my face. I'd go to bed with makeup on, didn't bother with sunscreen, moisturizer or pretty much anything. I looked in the mirror recently and decided I look every bit of my age and it was about time I started taking care of myself again. That being said, I need something quick and easy or I may fall off the wagon again. I picked up a generic version of these first because they were on sale at the supermarket and the words Simple and "sensitive" appealed to me. Well done, marketing department. It turns out that I liked them so much that I took advantage of a BOGO sale at Walgreens and stocked up, so I'll be using these for quite a while!

I now wear a BB or CC cream and/or mineral foundation and sunscreen daily. These wipes take all of that off easily, as well as non waterproof eye makeup. I gently rub one of these on my face while my kids brush their teeth, rinse, follow up with the Simple toner and my face is clean. I consider it clean because I don't see any makeup on the cotton pad I use for toner. It doesn't feel dry, tight or stripped; It just feels clean. Although these do a respectable job of cleaning my face, I'm a toner kind of gal and like to get any straggling residue off with a gentle, pH balanced toner, hence the Simple one. I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't aggravate it. I don't find the wipes to be coarse or rough. I like that they're pH balanced and don't have a lot of chemicals. This method is easier, more gentle and creates far less laundry than using wash cloths.

on 7/25/2015 11:42:00 PM

Dried my face out and irritated my acne. Took two wipes to get off all my makeup. I really wanted to like it!

on 7/10/2015 7:54:00 PM

I do not care for these wipes. I got them for free and would never pay for them. They do not remove makeup fully - completely defeats the purpose. That being said, they don't sting your eyes/skin, cause breakouts or leave a weird residue like some makeup removing wipes, but it takes more than one wipe to get all of your makeup off, and I don't wear a lot of makeup (tinted moisturizer, eyeliner, mascara and some eyeshadow). I am going to use the rest of the wipes I have but would never purchase.

on 7/8/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

These wipes are alright. They smell pleasant and light. They're pretty soft on my skin. Not as soft as the garnier wipes I normally purchase. They're effective in removing bb cream and washable eye makeup. However, I recently started wearing waterproof mascara and these wipes do not take it off!!

on 6/13/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the Simple Radiance wipes.They are by far my favorite makeup removing wipes,I think they make my skin look healthy and have a brightening effect to skin. My skin doesn't feel dry after using and they are very wet so they get all your makeup off.

on 6/5/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This brand's "Oil Balancing" makeup removing wipes are FANTASTIC! They're the only ones I've found that don't leave any greasy residue. I wear pretty heavy foundation and just one wipe take it all off. And they leave my skin feeling clean, refreshed, and happy!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love that the brand does not contain chemicals or test on animals. But these wipes were SO rough on my skin, it literally felt like sandpaper! I liked using them for other uses just NOT the face. If they used a different cloth texture, then my review would be higher.