September 21, 2014 | 1018 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - TimeWise Even Complexion Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Note: I received a sample size (0.17 fl oz pump) with a sample packet through an acquaintance that started working for them.

regular pricing: $35/1 fl oz., $22 + $5 shipping on Amazon

Likes:
Scent - almost close to no scent, but very faint
texture - absorbs very quickly, but upon placing it on your skin, it feels moisturizing already.
Effect - texture on skin immediately feels really smooth and soft.

Dislikes:
none really, but the price & brand is holding me back. I haven't had much experience with Mary Kay or heard reviews from people I know about, so that makes me hesitant to actually order this product.

It seems like its a good product, but I don't know the long-term effect and also, for some reason I feel like this product line is made for those in their 40's, so I am not sure if the results it should have on a 40-yr-old skin will be that effective. I'm 30 and it works alright for me now, but if it has any claims for reducing fine lines and wrinkles, I won't be able to account for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

Has beneficial ingredient of Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, which is, according to skin expert Renee Rouleau:

"The most stable form of Vitamin C, and converts to Ascorbyl Acid once inside the skin and is time-released so it works for up to eight hours giving you potent anti-aging protection. In addition, it stays fresher and more active longer and it isnít as acidic, so it doesnít cause stinging, redness or irritation. I feel itís one of the very best topical age preventers, because Vitamin C has been the most extensively researched antioxidant in skincare. Itís found to be extremely effective in interfering with many aging free radicals found in the environment (such as sunlight, stress and pollutants). It is recommended to be worn daily under a moisturizer containing sunscreen. This antioxidant not only gives your skin its daily dose of anti-aging, it is also helpful with reducing discoloration and brown spots."

The texture is that of a thick gel-like serum. I am wary of the Dimethicone in this as it usually break me out. It goes on smoothly and is moisturizing. There are tiny reflective particles that probably give that brightening effect when it is on. This product is highly rated on Beautypedia, which I trust as an objective resource. Updates later.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product is great to even out skin tone, especially since I suffer from acne marks old and new. It's great and a lot of people comment that it's watery. It's a thin serum because it caters to all skin types, especially oily. You still want to use a moisturizer over this morning and night. But it does what it is meant to do, but you have to use CONSISTENTLY to see results.. not just for a week. A bit expensive but it works!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one product that delivers when you start to wear but becomes inconsistent with time. This gave me beautiful, bright skin for like two weeks, and then the glow died away. I saw no change in my skin whatsoever. But for that glow i continued to use it. It has a watery feel to it. And it has the mild scent of vitamins. I liked the idea, but for me this only worked on me for so long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Update 7/18/11: Had to discontinue use, something in this was irritating my skin. After I stopped using it, the redness and stinging on my cheeks went away pretty quickly. :(

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Triethanolamine, Betaine, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Citrus Medica Limonum Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Thymus Extract, Sanguisorba Root Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Oenothera Biennis Seed Extract, Serine, Threonine, Proline, Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid, Sodium Pca, Sorbitol, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, Laurenth-7, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Boron Nitride, Carbomer, Sodium Citrate, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by laurelsage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to try this...to be honest, I have not been impressed with any of the Mary Kay Kay Timewise line. I am so glad I tried it! I have a quarter sized hyperpigmentation on my cheek beneath my right eye. This is the one and only time in my life I have had any issues and it would have to be front and center! I recently had a surgical procedure that sent my hormones into a tailspin and I am pretty sure that is the cause. I have noticed a HUGE difference since using this serum. Now, it could be that the hormones are starting to settle down since it's been over a month since my procedure, but I can't help thinking that this has helped. This was a DARK quarter sized spot and I could not cover it with concealer or foundation. My skin tone is very light and this damn spot was DARK! Now it is barely noticeable at all. This is the one and only MK product I will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by jgavin106

I love this product. It is very light but very moisterizing and makes your skin feel like silk. It works great on freckles. It is rather expensive and the package is made of glass. I broke the bottle of mine on the bathroom floor and could not justify buying another one since I use so many other products on my face and my freckles had already dissapeared.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This has really worked for me as does the entire Timewise line--who'd of thunk it since I have super sensitive skin with rosacea--but since I've been using I wake up with glowing skin. I even stopped using it all for about 2 days and my face looked worse so back to MK (and no I do not sell it). This serum is light and takes a while to make a difference but after 4 weeks of using it 2X day, I have noticed some melasma fading. I have reordered; can't argue with results. Lippies off because of the price--a little pinch in the ole wallet.

Tried to order this on Ebay and product came really late and obviously had been used. Tried to save some bucks--stupid-- and ended up ordering again from a consultant. Was told by Ebay sellers that they all buy from consultants going out of business so the products are going to be old. Take care when ordering especially when it comes to this essence and other serums that they are new so they are totally effective. Please learn from my mistakes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sunlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like almost every woman alive, I have some hyperpigmentation that I'd rather not have, so I've tried various skin-lightening products. I know that hydroquinone is supposed to be the most effective, but I can't stand the way it smells, or the way the product darkens after a short while, making me wonder if it's still effective. However, with all the recent concerns about its safety, and the fact that it also irritates my skin after a short while, I decided to look for hydroquinone-free alternatives.

I was interested in the Even Complexion Essence because it was hydroquinone-free, and I've been having great results using the rest of MK's "Miracle Set" (for combination/oily skin). There was a local MK consultant who was getting out of the business, and was liquidating her stuff at cost (50% off), so I purchased a bottle of the Even Complexion Essence.

Right off the bat, I noticed that the texture was very light, and it absorbed quickly. I used it in the morning, after cleansing, and before applying the SPF 25 Day Solution. In the evening, it was applied after cleansing, and before the Night Solution.

I knew that any results could take weeks to appear, so I kept at it, and applied it faithfully every day, 2x/day. I was also super-diligent about daily sunscreen usage (SPF 25 Day Solution), which I haven't been as diligent in the past.

I just finished my first bottle after 6 weeks of 2x/daily usage. It was only in the 5th week that I noticed the most noticeable hyperpigmented spot on my face -- a quarter-sized patch -- on my left cheekbone was finally starting to lighten. I have also noticed that the overall tone of my skin is brighter and more even. The quarter-sized spot is still there, but much lightened, at least by 50%, thus the 4 lippies, rather than 5.

I've just ordered my second bottle on ebay, and will continue to use it to see if it works to lighten the spot to invisible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can tell you exactly who the MK ladies at my office are who use this. They just glow. I don't know what it is about this product, but it gives my complexion a sort of radiance that just gets better and better. I do have some dark spots (leftover acne) that it is helping lighten, but it really just evens everything out. This is also very good for me because I have hyperpigmentation issues (NC40/Light Golden) and have to be very very careful with products meant to lighten the skin, It feels really good on, very easy to wear all day, no irritation or funny smell and it feels comfortable on the skin. I'm at the 3/4 gone point of the first bottle and have already bought another.