The Body Shop Born Lippy in Raspberry

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I used to love these lip balms when I was 13 and then I sort of forgot all about them. I picked up the raspberry one recently and still love it. You don't need a lot of it to cover your lips and it tastes amazing too. The price point isn't great (AUD$7.99) but they do last forever. My only gripe with these is the pot packaging. It's not practical for someone like me with long acrylic nails. I picked up a Passionberry one in England with twist up packaging like chapsticks and I much prefer it. I wish Australia would launch the twist up version!

on 1/9/2015 4:28:00 AM

I was lucky enough to receive all of the Body Shop lip balms from a friend for Christmas 2013 and the raspberry was definitely my favourite. It moisturises well and leaves my lips looking glossy. I don't notice much/any colour payoff but my lips are naturally quite pigmented so I think on paler lips it would show up nicely. The scent is very sweet and yummy, smelling like raspberry lollies but it can smell a little childish. I dislike the packaging though as my fingers get sticky and gloss gets caught under my long nails when applying it. It would be perfection if it came in a tube. It does it's job and smells wonderful and is a very reasonable price. I would recommend this to a friend.

on 12/27/2014 3:47:00 AM

I'm actually really impressed with this lip balm. After reading really good reviews about the watermelon one, I was curious to try one, raspberry was the only one my location had, which is fine, but I really wasn't expecting much from this but for $6, I thought why not try it. Really impressed with it. It's the far from sticky, has a nice scent, and surprisingly moisturising! It was nice and smooth on my lips and absorbed nicely and left my lips nice 'n smooth. So far, The Body Shop is the only place that has lip balms/conditioners that work for me. Would love to try this in the other flavours too :)

on 11/2/2014 5:15:00 AM

Unfortunately, I don't really see a purpose for this product. I remember owning the strawberry one when I was younger and I received this one last Christmas. There's really nothing special about it: it's a gloss with a slight pink tint. It doesn't have much of a hydrating effect but on top of a moisturizing balm this is great for everyday. Pots aren't really my think but I can't see this in a tube. The price is a little bit too much for such a little tub of product. Probably wouldn't but this again.

Nice lip balm. Not as greasy as Vaseline or most other lip balms. Think I prefer it but maybe my lips aren't that rough. I'm not really bothered. Nice smell. Cute packaging. You can get so many other brands of lip balms and this one is slightly more expensive than others and I like trying new products so don't see a reason for buying this again.

on 10/10/2013 8:06:00 AM

A lip gloss that comes in a pan. Nothing special at all: light pink sticky gloss smelling of raspberries. Would do for a teen girl.
The packaging is not hygienic.

on 3/5/2013 1:31:00 AM

Ahh I remember these from when I was a kid.
Anyways this smells like fruit roll ups! Lol I love the scent but found it didn't hydrate all that much. Oh well I got 3 for 12$ anyways (satsuma, watermelon) so I got a good deal.

The smell is awesome and it doesn't feel sticky either. I've been using this range of lip balms for the last 7 years, that pretty much sums up how much I love them!

on 8/16/2012 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love everything about it except that pot lip glosses/balms are unsanitary.

on 6/6/2012 3:04:00 PM

I bought this so long ago but i still love it.
It's really nice to apply, very soft and not sticky at all.
The smell is amazing and it make's my lips so soft.
It last a long time.
It really just a perfect lip balm

Popular Lip Glosses