December 21, 2014 | 1449 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am pretty happy with this!! I have purple hair and I need a good shampoo for keeping the color. This had one of the highest reviews out of all the color care shampoos, even the expensive brands. I think paying more is often just hype. I also picked up the Hydralicious.

I had used sulfate free shampoos before and I just can't find ones I actually like. They feel so weird and leave my hair dirty, or at least it feels greasy quicker. Like the buildup isn't being washed away effectively. In all likelyhood it's leaving more there. I am not the type to wash my hair often, since it's dry, so I need a shampoo that cleans it well without killing it. This is nice and gentle and though I always have tons of purple run off, my color has been lasting pretty well. I haven't noticed a difference between this and the more expensive sulfate free shampoos in terms of color lasting length. My hair also feels nice. No shampoo is going to make my hair super soft and amazing, much of it is just my chemistry (I have that dry, course, frizzy hair) in addition with the bleaching and dying I do, but just feeling nice and clean and not dried out with a color safe shampoo is pretty good in my book, espeically at about $3. I'll keep buying this.

I think I like hydralicious more though.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Trackgirl94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, the smell is beyond amazing and I love the packaging. As far as the product.. I hated it.. It made my hair super dry and dull looking and also made my hair feel stripped and malnourished.Its a a shame because it smells so good! I love the Moroccan my shine & hello hydration though, just won't be using this Color Me Happy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo. It cleans well without leaving my hair dried or tangled, and works well in hard water. Smells good. Sometimes my hair can be a little too flat and hard to style after using this, but really...for a $3 shampoo it does as well or better at cleaning without striping, tangling, or leaving residue than a lot of very expensive ones. I don't use it daily, but I always keep it around.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by CPMUSTANG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I buy this product all the time. That being said, I am not in love with this product but I don't hate it either. I like that I can find it super cheap at the grocery store, sometimes for as low as $1. Pros: It's for color treated hair and cheap. Cons: I don't really have any.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

i bought this shampoo because it was on sale and figured a shampoo for color treated hair might be a little more gentle. this smells great and seems gentle enough. when wet, my non-colored treated hair did not seem overstripped. however, it seems to have an added softener (possibly, the corn silk) that makes my hair very limp, flat, and flyaway. i'll keep the bottle and use it as a body wash but i won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by AeroLover16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is pretty much the only shampoo I like to use on my colour treated hair. I will only wash my hair with products labelled as such, and sadly most of them are a creamy formula; but not HE, they produce this lovely clear (pink) formula. Creamy formulas seem to coat my fine/thin hair and leave an awful sticky residue. This does not seem to do that, so I definitely continue to stock up on this shampoo :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by kickingirl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This smells amazing! I was in love with the smell, but after one use it dried out my hair and made my scalp itch like crazy. I have tried other Herbal Essences shampoos and it is all the same with dryness and scalp itching. I even tried it as a body wash and it made my skin dry and flaky. My HG is Vidal Sasoon volumizing shampoo it is great for fine, thin hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

Doesn't strip color as much as other shampoos. But if you use semi permanent dyes like me almost any "color safe" shampoo will wash out your color. This is no exception, but it isn't as bad. It smells nice. It's pretty drying without conditioner. Still searching...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Kanaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was planing to dye my hair for the fist time and as other herbal shampoos did fine job I took this, but started to use it before the color change because ran out of a "normal" one, worst idea ever: my hair became super dry, my scalp starts to itch and even so I gave it a chance because I though it was the shampoo change. Now, after trying two other brands my scalp haven't recovered from this horror yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lcak

Love this shampoo! It leaves my poor colour-abused hair shiny, smelling good and vibrant, its not a very nourishing shampoo but if you need that extra bit of tlc then get one specifically for those times when your hair screams SOS. I would buy this again next time my hair is freshly coloured!