April 25, 2014 | 951 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by kickingirl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This smells amazing! I was in love with the smell, but after one use it dried out my hair and made my scalp itch like crazy. I have tried other Herbal Essences shampoos and it is all the same with dryness and scalp itching. I even tried it as a body wash and it made my skin dry and flaky. My HG is Vidal Sasoon volumizing shampoo it is great for fine, thin hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

Doesn't strip color as much as other shampoos. But if you use semi permanent dyes like me almost any "color safe" shampoo will wash out your color. This is no exception, but it isn't as bad. It smells nice. It's pretty drying without conditioner. Still searching...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Kanaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was planing to dye my hair for the fist time and as other herbal shampoos did fine job I took this, but started to use it before the color change because ran out of a "normal" one, worst idea ever: my hair became super dry, my scalp starts to itch and even so I gave it a chance because I though it was the shampoo change. Now, after trying two other brands my scalp haven't recovered from this horror yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lcak

Love this shampoo! It leaves my poor colour-abused hair shiny, smelling good and vibrant, its not a very nourishing shampoo but if you need that extra bit of tlc then get one specifically for those times when your hair screams SOS. I would buy this again next time my hair is freshly coloured!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by SophieWillsxo

I started using this product when the colour in my hair started fading too quick. It actually keeps my hair looking vibrant. It keeps the colour well. The price is absolutely amazing. It smells delicious. However after shampooing and conditioning my hair feels a little dry so I use their split end cream. It fully moisturises my hair and even protects it. I would definitely buy this again. The bottle goes down really quick though I think personally,but others who say they have used it says it lasts a lifetime. Overall this product has nothing bad about it. Does what it says on the bottle. x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lathers well, didn't strip my hair, and smells nice. Plus it's cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a shame because I love the scent of this shampoo. Did nothing for maintaining color and it left my hair ridiculously dry!!! I thought it was my conditioner but it was actually this shampoo. Wouldn't repurchase.

I am a big fan of the honey and hello hydration line!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by konamicode

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This works fine as a normal shampoo. It leaves my hair without any problems.
But as a supposed "color-treated" shampoo, it strips the dye from my hair like nothing else.

I dyed my hair blue, and it was super bright, but now it's lost almost all of its color in two shampooings from this stuff.
Even in comparison with other sulfate shampoos (which I am stuck with until I can make it to a store that carries anything else), this stuff is much, MUCH worse about eating away the color.

If you want a normal shampoo for your natural hair, this might work out for you.
But if you have dyed hair and want your color to last for even a week, stay away from this crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by reneasnoke21

I wish everyone knew that if your "anti fade color" shampoo as "sulfate" (it has a longer name, usually the second or third ingredient) in it, then it's GOING TO FADE YOUR COLOR. Guaranteed! It smells wonderful but just be forewarned. A lot of the brands that claim "anti fading technology" are just lying to you because it won't do anything but fade it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the Sexy, Fruity, Fun, and pretty scent. I love the way my hair feels after I use this.It lathers wonderfully. I also use the Clairol matching Color me Happy conditioner . Not every day. Usually every other day. In the summer even less. That too has a lovely smell.

I color my hair and I can honestly say I am not sure this keeps the color vibrant but it does make my hair feel beautiful. If you are looking for a shampoo for dry hair, this is NOT it. I love this but I have oily hair and need the squeaky clean feel this gives after washing. I do think the conditioner does a great job keeping frizz away and making my waves (I tend to have very light waves to my hair) soft.

Highly recommend this shampoo. Inexpensive and does the trick.
I will always buy this when I see it!