September 18, 2014 | 1629 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - Kiss Me Exfoliating Lip Scrub and Facial

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jmfuller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

To be honest, I feel like the stuff was a giant waste of money, which isn't to say that it didn't work AT ALL, it's just that for what it does, it's absolutely not worth the price. I picked this up for $15 at Sephora.

It does smell very nice and the taste is okay. I find myself using it in combination with a washcloth (using just my finger isn't enough, especially to get it off) and at that point, if I'm scrubbing with the cloth, it's kind of defeating the purpose. You can do the same thing with Vaseline and toothbrush for much cheaper. I'll use what I have left but won't bother again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was first introduced to this in a Sephroa when a sales lady saw me applying and reapplying and wiping off and reapplying YSL lipcolors with those little doe-foot disposable wands getting inccreasingly more irritated. She aske dif she could help and I said no - just that my lips were dry and flaky, damn vegas dry air!! She had me scrub on a tiny bit of this all over and wipe clean with somme water on a cotton pad. Not a big production but boy what a differnce. Real gentFor best results I shake this little tube up quite a bit everytime before use. Otherwise I'm remided wheno nly the liquidy juice comes out without the scrubby pieces. Use real gentle circles and dry lips, buffing away the dead flakes. Lips dont' have to be wet or moisturized ebforehand - on the contrary I find it works better when they're dry. Must say I LOVE the taste! Straight up Sugar! So delicious if/when it breaks into your mouth and doesn't leave a sticky residue as long as you've got even the tiniest bit of water to wipe it away with. Just make sure you get all the scrubbies off otherwise they'll show when you apply your lip color.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by tmayoral

I don't mind spending money on stuff that works but feel I wasted money on this product. I have horribly dry lips especially in the winter. Last winter I had an extra bad bought and was searching for anything that I could find to work. A friend of mine recommended philosophy and of course this was the reps first recommendation. I agree with everyone who also dislike this product, it doesn't come out of the packaging in a consistent manner and it just doesn't work. My lips were just as dry and flaky after trying this as before I put it on my lips. I tried it with dry lips, wet lips, in the shower, leaving it on my lips for a longer period of time, and I'm sure numerous other ways because for the price I really wanted this to work. However, I wasted my money and don't recommend it for anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm the odd one out. I LIKE this stuff. It exfoliates and moisturizes and does everything it says. It does come out a bit goopy & watery at first, but that doesn't bother me. I like the smell, and I think it does a good job.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by steffoinnh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok so it's a little hard to exfoliate with but I love it anyway. Sometimes just oil comes out of the tube and no sugar to exfoliate with. But the oil is really nice and moisturizing. If you shake it you can usually get it mixed again. If you're looking for a real lip scrub though, this isn't it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by leticia212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is crap i have very dry lips, and i really wanted the smashbox brand but nordstroms was out so i got this one ( cause I'm impatient) teaches me to be impatient :) waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Smells good.

CONS: I'm not sure why the sales associate was so proud of this and wanted us to try it when we were trying out lip colors. Neither of us were impressed. One of us got all grit and the other got all oil and no "scrub."

ALTERNATES: You're better off with a little St. Ives apricot scrub for sensitive/delicate skin and some heavy duty lip balm like Neosporin Overnight Renewal...works better and much cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Princesslisax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG never again.

I tried it with both wet & dry lips.

My lips were still dry and peeling =(

I gave it a 1 for the peppermint scent. The packaging is cute *I like Pink*

I rather use Rosebud's lipbalm and brushing it with a toothbrush.<--works wayy better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have "lizard lips" all year round, not sure why. Anyway, this is the only product that I've found that helps alleviate both the tightness caused by dryness and lessen flaked skin in a quick and easy fashion. Granted, I've still had to use a dry toothbrush every now and then, but I will always try and have this handy. I apply it at night right before I go to sleep and LEAVE IT THERE. Time is what's required for it to work its' true magic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

I bought this because i wanted a nice lip scrub to remove flakey skin. The granules in this are not enough to remove dead skin, but do a decent job of softening the lips, but thats probably due to the oil. like many reviewers i have the same problem mixing the formula in the tube to avoid the goopy oil from seeping out first. I hardly reach for this item unless im gonna canoodle with the BF at night. Has a nice minty taste and smell, which i dont mind. not worth the money, might as well make a homemade version with brown sugar, white sugar and a pinch of olive oil and peppermint oil for a fraction of the price.