July 30, 2014 | 1189 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Energie Teint Oil Free Liquid Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2003 1:47:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so happy I ordered this. I am loving it. I have a it in 5. I am very pale girl. This is a perfect match and makes my skin glow perfectly. It is not the thinnest fdt I have. I would say It gives you medium coverage. This is an oilfree fdt that is suitable for all skin types. I have a dry skin and I feel totally confortable with this fdt. It has an uva protection also but only SPF 8 wich is better than nothing. I love the pump bottle. It is so much more hygienic. I think this is my new HG. EDIT: Started to hate the fragrance in it and also it does not blend as well as Chanel and Dior foundations.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do NOT get on with this thick foundation.
I know it is meant to be one of YSL's lighter bases but it is far too heavy for me (I'm a tinted moisturiser fan). Also, it visually ages your skin- at least this is what I found. I thought it made my face look dull and mature, especially round the eyes. Actually, it reminds me of Rimmel foundations in both appearance and smell. Makes my cheeks itch too. Another point- when are YSL going to change their tacky 80's gold packaging?! I'm not a fan of this brand at all!
(As you may have guessed :D)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2003 2:22:00 AM More reviews by seba

Now I would’ve never expect YSL to have matching colors for my skintone since I’ve read that YSL have limited shades of foundation and weird too, ie too pink, too orange, too wrong! When I tested it in the counter I was surprised that the texture of the Oil-Free liquid found is very sheer and when I applied #2 in my chin it just sinks into my skin perfectly. I loved YSL makeup anyway so I just bought it no matter what (like when you go outside the color looks different, get oily in half an hour, etc). Well, now I can say that this is my HG, PERFECT match, sheer, light, non-oily and keep on matte all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2003 10:02:00 AM More reviews by chaneladdict

This is one of the best foundations I have tried as it is very light (I hate to feel too made up) but gives enough coverage for my thread veins in my cheeks. Best of all though it stays on all day and really does seem to make my face glow without being sparkly as some 'radiant' foundations do.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2003 12:44:00 AM More reviews by jj28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unlike most oil free foundations, this spreads and blends very easily, which makes this its best trait. I also tend not to look cakey, as if I'm wearing a heavy veil of makeup, even if I build coverage, which ranges from light to medium. It also does not settle into pores and stays on during the day. It will not stop all shine later in the day, but it does not purport to do so any way. I use #2, but find that it's a tad too yellow. I can't figure out their coloring scheme, but overall, I'd stick with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2003 11:28:00 AM More reviews by karin22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bouhgt it today and tried it on right away , so far it is light and sheer , but not too sheer so it covers up most imperfections, it's also works well for my currently dry skin and it does not show my dry patches. it feels like second skin, natural and comfortable. i gave it four lipsticks 'cause i've only just tried it , but i think its sticks will run high....

i am adding another lipstick , this foundation is the best i have ever used, after using it several times i can say that it lasts all day long, perfectly, and you don't feel it or see it at all . it's not heavy, just the right coverage in my opinion. i loved it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2002 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yves Saint Laurent Energie Teint Oil Free Liquid Foundation Vitality and Radiance Booster

Well, this would be great if I could find a match for my skin. I loved the way it felt and wore but the shade I sampled this (#3) in was too dark and orange, too bronzy looking. I have always found it very difficult to find matches in YSL foundations. They run too peachy, yellow or orange. Who buys this stuff? Its such a shame since the product itself is fantastic. If you find a match in this foundation I'm sure you'll love it. I, unfortunately, could not.

Therefore, the rating is based on shade sampling and lack of match for my skin. NOT on the quality of the product.