Clairol Herbal Essences Body Envy Shampoo

3.2

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Pearl Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Passiflora Laurifolia Flower Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Passiflora Quadrangularis Flower Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10, Yellow 5. (2011 formulation)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This makes my hair straw like and brittle. Damaged my hair to the core, never repurchasing. My hair was so dry after one use of the shampoo and conditioner. I didn't even use after that just threw it away. Never buy it. I am honestly surprised with the positive reviews

on 3/20/2015 8:17:00 PM

I started using this shampoo and conditioner because it's on sale often and it's priced well. This shampoo and conditioner combo is definitely my favourite, and it has been for a while. I've tried Pantene, Garnier Fructis, Pert, Loreal, and Kirkland shampoos, but I like this one the best out of all of them. It leaves my hair feeling shiny and smooth, keeps it healthy, and smells amazing. But be careful not to buy the two-in-one, because they're always mixed with either too much conditioner or too much shampoo, leaving your hair feeling dry or oily. If you're going to use this product, use the shampoo and conditioner separately.

on 3/19/2015 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo because I wanted to try something new.... Not a good choice at all. It completely stripped my hair of my natural oils and left it feeling like straw. I returned it and would not recommend trying this shampoo. The ingredients in it cannot be healthy for your hair. At the price it is, it's not worth the try.

I was pretty disappointed with this product. I purchased it along with the conditioner and I'm sad to say that after using up the bottles, this did not add volume to my hair. I tried this because of a YouTuber and she looked like she had so much volume in her hair! And I can't understand how she got it from this product.

I had longer hair at that point (recently got a trim/cut) and I really though it would add that boost I wanted but unfortunately it did not. I feel like this would work for people with short hair and layered hair.

What I DID like about this product though was the smell, how clean my hair was after, and it left it pretty shiny and smooth.

I don't think I would buy this again unless it was on sale and I was being super cheap that day.

Ran out of my Biolage Matrix Volumatherapie shampoo and as a one-off I've just used this matching shampoo and conditioner on the back of loving Herbal Essence's Fresh Balance mild clarifying shampoo. Despite oiling two days ago my hair became squeaky clean and stringy and I shed loads of hair into the plughole. Once I'd added a little of my usual Volumatherapie volumizing spray at the roots and L'Oreal Eversleek protective spray to the rest of my hair and blow-dried gently my hair was now smooth but unbelievably limp and felt slightly coated. I can tell my hair will be greasy by the evening. I think the shampoo on its own might be okay, but the conditioner is definitely no good and together they are a disaster. I might try using the shampoo with my usual conditioner in a few days and update.

on 5/9/2014 9:20:00 AM

At first, I really liked this shampoo. It has a wonderful fresh scent, and does a great job at cleaning my hair and letting me go a couple days between washes.

However, like a reviewer below has said, it is not only extremely drying, but it also caused me to have hair loss. I didn't even really notice it until I started using another shampoo (Organix Brazilian Keratin Treatment) and noticed much less hair falling out. I even see some baby hairs coming in around my hairline, and I hadn't even noticed that much breakage had happened until after I finished the bottle.

I wouldn't even say this would be good as a clarifying shampoo, as I noticed that it does leave behind a sticky residue (probably to help with volume).

Please, stay away from this stuff!!

on 3/4/2014 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first I liked it, but it wouldn't do the volumizing because I thought my hair was too thick so it would just weigh it down.
But then I recently got a scene type hair cut with a lot of layers and my hair is thinner because of it. But there is STILL no volumizing like it claims.
Other than what it claims, I figure it would at least just work like a good shampoo for crying out loud. However, it leaves my hair feeling WAY dry. Like about five hours ago I just took a shower with it, and right now (I towel dried) my hair feels so dry and frizzy. :/ ugh, I'm going to buy what the salonist used on my hair.
Next!

on 2/18/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This shampoo is probably close the bottom of the barrel.

Yes, it WILL give your hair a volumized look for about 12 hours.

THEN it will make your scalp itch with a burning feel to it.

Poor formulation. Did they even test this shampoo on humans? Complete waste of money.

on 1/23/2014 12:53:00 PM

I purchased this shampoo because I saw a youtuber have this in her hair routine & it seemed to have given her SO MUCH VOLUME so I just had to try it. It was fine at first - until I noticed my hair falling out excessively - it was falling out A LOT!!! Even if I were to just run my fingers through my hair I'd probably take out at least 10 strands of hair each time - and it didn't only fall out when I was running my hands through my hair - it would continue to fall out even when I wasn't touching it. It was all over my car and carpet - horrible horrible!!
I didn't think it was due to the shampoo at first. I thought it was because of my unusually low level of iron since my mom told me that low iron levels can cause hair to fall out. But I decided to switch back to my pantene just in case because I noticed that my hair started to fall out only after I started using the herbal essence body envy volume shampoo and not only did my hair get thicker and smoother, it stopped falling out. I went through 2 bottles of the body envy's volume shampoo & conditioner & both times were the same - hair falling out & unusual dryness in texture.

on 9/24/2013 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've wavy hair that is medium thick to almost thick, low porosity hair. So it tends to lay flat if I use Moisturising shampoos (most of them out there are moisturising ones) and makes my hair TOO soft!
Then I thought to give this a try!

This is amazing! This is my fourth wash and my hair has enough volume! It cleanses hair thoroughly, making it light and the smell is nice too. But there is a bad side of this shampoo too. It makes your hair very dry and rough. So you must use the conditioner too. Or shampoo your hair with moisturising shampoo the next time you shampoo. This shampoo saved my life! I love this! Next time, I'll try Pantene Volumizing shampoo and then I will use this again. You need to switch shampoos for keeping your hair in shape!

Popular Shampoos