July 29, 2014 | 2184 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences Body Envy Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by googlemas

At first, I really liked this shampoo. It has a wonderful fresh scent, and does a great job at cleaning my hair and letting me go a couple days between washes.

However, like a reviewer below has said, it is not only extremely drying, but it also caused me to have hair loss. I didn't even really notice it until I started using another shampoo (Organix Brazilian Keratin Treatment) and noticed much less hair falling out. I even see some baby hairs coming in around my hairline, and I hadn't even noticed that much breakage had happened until after I finished the bottle.

I wouldn't even say this would be good as a clarifying shampoo, as I noticed that it does leave behind a sticky residue (probably to help with volume).

Please, stay away from this stuff!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by MellyRocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I liked it, but it wouldn't do the volumizing because I thought my hair was too thick so it would just weigh it down.
But then I recently got a scene type hair cut with a lot of layers and my hair is thinner because of it. But there is STILL no volumizing like it claims.
Other than what it claims, I figure it would at least just work like a good shampoo for crying out loud. However, it leaves my hair feeling WAY dry. Like about five hours ago I just took a shower with it, and right now (I towel dried) my hair feels so dry and frizzy. :/ ugh, I'm going to buy what the salonist used on my hair.
Next!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is probably close the bottom of the barrel.

Yes, it WILL give your hair a volumized look for about 12 hours.

THEN it will make your scalp itch with a burning feel to it.

Poor formulation. Did they even test this shampoo on humans? Complete waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by xocindytt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this shampoo because I saw a youtuber have this in her hair routine & it seemed to have given her SO MUCH VOLUME so I just had to try it. It was fine at first - until I noticed my hair falling out excessively - it was falling out A LOT!!! Even if I were to just run my fingers through my hair I'd probably take out at least 10 strands of hair each time - and it didn't only fall out when I was running my hands through my hair - it would continue to fall out even when I wasn't touching it. It was all over my car and carpet - horrible horrible!!
I didn't think it was due to the shampoo at first. I thought it was because of my unusually low level of iron since my mom told me that low iron levels can cause hair to fall out. But I decided to switch back to my pantene just in case because I noticed that my hair started to fall out only after I started using the herbal essence body envy volume shampoo and not only did my hair get thicker and smoother, it stopped falling out. I went through 2 bottles of the body envy's volume shampoo & conditioner & both times were the same - hair falling out & unusual dryness in texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Zinniafairy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've wavy hair that is medium thick to almost thick, low porosity hair. So it tends to lay flat if I use Moisturising shampoos (most of them out there are moisturising ones) and makes my hair TOO soft!
Then I thought to give this a try!

This is amazing! This is my fourth wash and my hair has enough volume! It cleanses hair thoroughly, making it light and the smell is nice too. But there is a bad side of this shampoo too. It makes your hair very dry and rough. So you must use the conditioner too. Or shampoo your hair with moisturising shampoo the next time you shampoo. This shampoo saved my life! I love this! Next time, I'll try Pantene Volumizing shampoo and then I will use this again. You need to switch shampoos for keeping your hair in shape!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by NaturallBeautii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like how this product made my hair feel. The only reason I used it was because i was given some free samples after an event I went to. I was going to wash my hair the day after anyways so I decided to try it out. Now this product is supposed to be a volumizing shampoo, having natural hair that drastically shrinks when I wash it I was ancious to see the results. So I washed my hair with it and at first every thing was fine the shampoo smelt amazing, but as I worked it into my hair I started fearing for my hair's life. This shampoo completey stripped my hair it felt brittle and plasticy I was so scared, I actually thought my hair was falling off at that moment (it wasn't but thats what it felt like). I quickly grabbed some of the conditioner and slopped a whole bunch of it on my hair but it didnt really help so i used my hair mayonise deep conditioner by organic root stimulator. Plus it didnt add any volume at all. I dont know if maybe this product just wasn't meant to be used on natural hair but I do know that it made my hair feel horrible and I will not buy this product or even finish my samples. The only good thing I can say about this product is that it smelt really good.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by cutejuju1001

I love herbal essences shampoos, but this shampoo sucks, its says on the bottle that it cleans to reveal natural shine.. But this makes my hair oily and frizzy.It doesnt work for me at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by mayascara

I purchased the large bottle (40 oz) at Costco and boy do I regret it. I have a relatively oily scalp, and while this shampoo makes my scalp feel clean, it dries out my hair a lot and makes it fall flat. I use it with the Garnier Sleek conditioner which usually does a good job on my hair.
The smell is ok and the price is low but I much prefer Pantene volume for a volumnizing and clean-feeling shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by infinitesadness

i've been using body envy shampoo and conditioner for well over a year and i quite like it, but maybe it's just because i haven't used any other shampoos lately? either way i blow dry my hair upside-down afterwards and it's always fluffy, i always get compliments on my hair :3 plus it smells amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

this is a really nice shampoo, not entirely my fave scent but it gives my hair nice volume :)