October 26, 2014 | 1082 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sonia Kashuk - Foundation Sponges

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these foundation sponges. When Sephora brand discontinued theirs, I bought the Laura Mercier ones and realized that they were much better quality than the Sephora ones were! When I found these at Target I was amazed at the price and I had to try them. They are great too! I feel like these sponges don't absorb any of my foundation which is awesome (and surprising) because they are so thick!
They are soft and apply my makeup extremely nicely with no lines or spots. They are also extremely affordable especially because personally I don't like the beautyblender like a lot of others! I will continue buying these for sure

EDIT: After using these for awhile now, I just find that when you clean them they are so thick that they don't dry quickly. When I clean them at night they aren't dry in the morning! I also like being able to bend the sponge a bit more. I am still going to continue buying these for backups, but since the LM sponges are 4 for $19 I think I would rather use them regularly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. These did not blend well at all, and seemed to soak up most of my foundation. What's even worse is I couldn't wash them clean. No matter what soap I used the makeup would not come out. My $3 ELF face brush works much better at applying foundation. I'll stick with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought two pink 'uns on clearance from Target. I was lured in the by clearance-ness (never can resist a red tag, curse my consumerism) and the pinkness. Also I've never tried to use a sponge to apply foundation, and I was curious. Though I hve nothing to compare it to, I'd say this works pretty well. Currently I use a Sonia Kashuk stippling brush to apply my liquid foundation, then one of these sponges to smooth and blend it out.I'd say this leaves an even, natural looking coverage without using up a lot of product (which is definitely nice if you are using a pricier foundation). I will continue to wash and reuse these until I feel they are too icky. I would repurchase. Also I gave the packaging a 5 b/c it actually came in a package I can reuse- the cute little pink bottom part of the container it came in. 98% of the time all the packaging on products, especially brushes, just goes to waste because I throw it away. This one holds them neatly in my makeup drawer, though. Yay! I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best foundation sponge I've used yet.

You get two large egg-shaped sponges packaged in a recloseable plastic case for $6. Despite the somewhat pricey initial outlay, this ends up being a very good bargain since one of these sponges lasts me longer than an entire bag of the cheapy-cheap latex sponges.

The sponges are thicker and firmer than the typical drugstore wedge-shaped sponges. I find that I can blend more aggressively this way without worrying about the sponge disintegrating. It's also significantly larger than wedge sponges, making it easy to make the larger parts of your face (cheeks, etc) look seamless. The pointed end of the sponge is perfect for blending around your nose and eyes.

I generally smooth on my foundation with a brush or fingertips and then use the sponge to blend, rather than applying with the sponge itself. I use it to blend eyeshadow and blush, and lately I've been experimenting with using it to apply powder. This makes my foundation look flawless and seems to make it last longer.

I don't use any special cleaner, just rinse the sponge with hot water and wash with shampoo. I find this gets the sponge very clean, and thanks to its durable quality, each sponge will stand up to numerous washings. I get at least a couple months' use out of each one before I toss them out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by alburn10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this sponge. I have several of them and they last forever. I use them with my foundation and my cream blushes. I put them in a net bag and throw them in the washer to clean them and good and new. Well worth the $5-6 you spend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was used to buying makeup sponges from the drugstore that were round or rectangular & reminded me of the sponges that came in my brand name foundation powder. The SK foundation sponge is 2x as big with a rounded egg, triangular shape like. The texture is thick, yet flexible for manuevering upon application. I notice the difference right away when I used this sponge compared to what came with the fdn pdr. I feel that I get more even coverage.

It's around $6 with 2 sponges in a hard plastic case that has a lid for you to store them in it's orginal place. Will definitely try them with any other makeup that may need sponge blending.