July 31, 2014 | 2019 users online

Other - Crest - Crest Whitestrips Renewal Age-Defying Strips

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by oodestinioo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

crest white strips advance whitening system claims to be safe but BUYER BEWARE if you have sensitive teeth!!! my teeth are slightly sensitive. the first 2 days i tried these strips, they were fine. on the 3rd day, about an hour after removing them i started to get toothache - on all of my teeth. as time progressed, the aching sensation worsened to the point that i couldn't breath w/o it hurting. went to the drugstore for orajel and sensodyne but it didn't get rid of the pain. i can't imagine what these strips would do to someone w/ moderately sensitive teeth. i would NOT recommend this to anyone and would NEVER buy them again. i can deal w/ wasting money but 8+ hours of extreme pain is unacceptable!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by rainrain826

not so great, too much gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by shaesquared

This was my first time whitening my teeth and this product is great! I'm only halfway through the packets and I'm already satisfied with the whiteness of my teeth. I think that I'll just be using the rest of the strips to touch up later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by VanessaVQ

Wow, I can't believe the results I got with an over-the-counter, inexpensive product! I guess compared to some other at-home whitening kits, the $40 for this 10-day supply seems expensive. But in my opinion, that's nothing comapred to professional whitening done at the dentist's office. I am only on my 6th set of strips out of 20, and am oalready seeing great results. I don't drink coffe or red wine or smoke cigarettes or any of the other things that can cause staining on the teeth. I'm only 23, but my teeth have had a slightly yellowish tint for the past few years that just mad my teeth look dirty to me. These strips are easy to apply, though I noticed they came right off when I sneezed, lol. Otherwise, they stay in place pretty well and only take 30 minutes. I usually wear them in the morning after breakfast and before I brush my teeth, while I'm getting ready and in the evening when I'm just sitting around on the computer or watching tv. I bought some sensodyne toothpaste as the last time I tried crest whitestrips (the original ones), I had a lot of gum/teeth sensitivity. But I wear these strips twice a day and have had zero problems with sensitivity and haven't had to use my sensodyne yet. I've had some noticeable results after wearing only 25% of the total treatment, so I can't wait to see what they look like when I'm done! I can't imagine something with larger/darker stains could be disappointed. I will update when I am done with the whole treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2007 7:36:00 AM More reviews by idigdirt

These strips really brighten my teeth. I've never done the professional brightening at the dentist, so basing this on do-it-yourself at home products. I used them as directed I believe it was 2 weeks at first. Now I use them occasionally more often as maintenance. I watch for when they're on sale. I think these Age-Defying work better than the other Crest strips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccanne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried all the Crest Whitening strips, and THIS is my favorite.
What I like best about it is, the strips seem to not have as much stuff on them, so it doesnt ooze out very much, they strips stay ON better than the others and the biggest difference is with the others, my bottom teeth didnt seem to get as white as the top, but after doing the Renewal ones, the bottom teeth look as awesome as the top.

I will definitely do these again in 6 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2006 12:08:00 AM More reviews by sharrell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have nothing BAD to say about this product but my review is directed mainly toward the person whose teeth are already pretty white and they just want an extra boost. I bought this product after using Rembrandt strips and the original Crest strips in the past. My teeth are not yellow b/c I don't smoke or drink coffee but I am 33 and natural deterioration has occured. I wanted to boost the level of whiteness I have and was hoping they would look NOTICEABLY whiter! Well, here I am on the last day of my 10-day strip cycle (30 min. a day, 2 times a day) and I can only see very MINOR progress. I was hoping for a LOT more since the price was so high and the marketing so convincing! They sure hooked me! There is very little sensitivity after the third day (hang in there!) but overall, if you don't mind shelling out $30 for a tiny little difference, then this might be just the thing for you. Otherwise, any old strips will do b/c this didn't do any better....just LONGER! They definitely need to "up" the peroxide and cut down on the length of the cycle...say, five days and double the peroxide! Now that'll do something! hopes this helps.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by onessee

The Crest web site says that the Renewal strips have the same level of peroxide for whitening as the Premium strips, but it's a different formulation. I like the Renewal strips better than the Premium strips because 1) they seem to stay on better, and 2) they don't taste as bad. They also don't seem as "overpackaged" (like the Premium strips with the hard plastic blue case, which is serious overkill, IMHO). If you experience sensitivity, you should try using them every other day, and make sure the strips are positioned ONLY on your teeth, not touching your gums.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 11:05:00 PM More reviews by oOeye_candyOo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok so I'm 17 and I bought these whitestrips because I had a coupon. I just started them about 15 minutes ago and they're easy to put on and keep on. I'll keep updating as I go along to see how my teeth get. Ok so it's the end of day 3 of these. I don't see any difference at all in the colour of my teeth. When the strips are on there's this slight pain that I feel. Ok day 4 and my gums are burning like crazy with them on...I'm only going to apply them once today and wait until tomorrow to start using them again and hopefully my gums are healed enough by tomorrow. The burning goes away after about 10 minutes but it's still there a bit. Day 5 and my friend said that my teeth are a lot whiter than they were before so they're working quite well. My gums are probably getting really sensitive because the strips are hitting my gums...but only because my canine teeth go up a lot farther than my other teeth and I don't want yellow bases. Today the burning went away after about 10 minutes both times. Ok well I'm finished the strips and my teeth are a lot whiter...people are complimenting them constantly and I no longer feel self-concious about my smile. For anybody that has just naturally yellow teeth these are great...but since I'm not a smoker and I'm only 17 I'm not sure how well these will work for those of you who have a lot of staining. I hope I helped some of you guys out!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2006 4:24:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews here of the other kinds of Whitestrips and hearing so much about tooth sensitivity and pain from using them, I was apprehensive about trying them. But I wanted to do something about my smile (coffee, red wine, and smoking for years haven't helped it much), so I finally broke down and bought a box of the Renewal strips, and I'm so glad I did! I could see a big improvement after the third day (the box I have is a 10-day supply), and now, over halfway through the box, I am truly amazed by the results! My teeth are nice and white now, and they look great. I haven't experienced any pain or sensitivity from using this product. The strips are easy to use and stay put; I haven't had a problem with them sliding around or coming off during use. This product did what it said it would do, I'm thrilled with the results, and I will definitely buy them again if I ever need to!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No