August 28, 2014 | 1134 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - HIP High Drama Volumizing Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this in a swap. It's not the best mascara, and it's not the worst. The problem I have with it is that it clumps. And on my sparse little lashes, well, it doesn't do them any favours. If I want to use this mascara I have to apply it very carefully - It's not a mascara that I can swipe on and be out of the door in a matter of seconds. I have to take the time to ensure that it looks good, and not a big ole clumpy mess.

However, it is very black, so that's one redeeming feature. Also, it does last pretty well. As for 'High Drama Volumizing' - Hmm, maybe I just have the wrong sort of lashes, but I don't see a great deal of volume.

It's a resounding 'meh'

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by pullum_purna

I quite like this mascara but I think I had also bought a bad tube because the formula appeared dry and it clumped my lashes. But I liked the black intensity that it gave my lashes. It did thicken and was easy to go on and take off. They discontinued this product here in Canada so I won't buy this product ever again anyways.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by allieesahhx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite mascaras! it volumizes my asian lashes and it really gives it definition! i like how dark and thick they make my lashes! it's a great mascara love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must have gotten a bad tube, because the product that I received does not resemble any of the reviews written here. I applied the mascara and all I got was clumps, clumps and more clumps. At $9.00 a tube, I expected a lot more from this product. This is my fourth L'oreal mascara that I have tried, and none of them have impressed me. I will not buy this product again...I'll stick with Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a fan of natural looking eye lashes. This mascara truly makes your lashes stand out and appear.....well....fake. But in a good way. It thickens like no other and the rich pigmented black is so dramatic and eye catching. I'll be pretty pissed if a previous poster was right and it turns out L'oreal discontinued this mascara. That always happens to me, I find a fabulous product and the company takes it away from me. >:(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by adelelove

i have seen this mascara on older YouTube reviews and was not able to find it, so i was disappointed, thinking it was discontinued. but one day while i was out and about with my grandma she took me to Walgreens (we don't have one in my city) and there it was! on sale! i just had to grab it and i must say i love love love it. the following week i went out with my grandma again and only had time to put on this mascara, no other makeup. through my glasses my grandma noticed and commented on how amazing my mascara looked. def gonna go out of my way to Walgreens to repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AWESOME !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by afey1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara rocks.. It more for a club look though.. If used for day time def. chill on the layering aspect but heres a tip - (If worn out at night... layer this baby on until your lashes are how you desire them.. THEN before it dries coat it with a waterproof mascara, WHY? Well in my opinion waterproof mascara causes eyelashes to look dried out and clumpy if used to layer... so You still get that beautiful defined look without the clump :) just an idea

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

This is an amazing mascara. Don't listen to the bad reviews. I didn't see a single clump the whole time I was using this. I must say the formula lasted an extremely long time without drying out or thickening. I was extremely impressed with this mascara and I'm sad they don't make it anymore. The color is super rich and it thickens without clumping. It doesn't lengthen as much as I would like, but that's not a big deal in my book.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Mondenkind

People are going crazy writing bad reviews for this! Almost as crazy as HIP for no longer making this - I have fantasies about finding a huge box of this stuff dumped somewhere where I can bring it back to my place and hoard it properly it's so good. The color on this is a rich, intense black that separates all my lashes and leaves them looking long and feathery. I've never had any problems with this clumping like some other reviewers have either - it comes out of the tube smooth as butter. The best part about this though has got to be the brush. Some of the most fabulously formulated mascaras in the world come with bad brushes that completely ruin the product but I loved the way this one handled - it made it easy to get to all the small lashes and still gave the big ones a nice even coat. Also I know this is going to seem nasty but because I loved this mascara so much I decided to hold onto it for as long as their was still product left for me to use instead of tossing it at the 6 month mark like I usually do and this thing lasted me FOREVER. Seriously - I only needed to use a little bit to begin with and this thing is still with me almost a year after my initial purchase. If there is ANYTHING this mascara can't do I'd like to hear it - plus the packaging looks very cute to boot. The tube looks like a stretched out diamond or some strange mineral formation with it's sharp angles.