November 26, 2014 | 1287 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - HIP High Drama Volumizing Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by AnaPana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of the first regular mascaras i would use. I bought it after Emily Noel recommended it ages ago for a dramatic lash look. It's VERY pigmented and the brush itself is pretty standard. It did wonders to my already long lashes in terms of the finished look.

Now the down side. After about two hours or so, there would be smudging around the corners of my eyes, ALWAYS, which at times, after a night out, made me look as if i had under eye circles. That was my biggest issue with this mascara. The other thing is that there can be clumping during the application, which for obvious reasons can be annoying, but didn't bother me as much as the smudging issue.

At any rate, the high pigmentation concept was quite nice, but it's definitely not enough to want to use it these days since there are better mascaras out there now, and i'm not surprised that they discontinued this one from stores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this in a swap. It's not the best mascara, and it's not the worst. The problem I have with it is that it clumps. And on my sparse little lashes, well, it doesn't do them any favours. If I want to use this mascara I have to apply it very carefully - It's not a mascara that I can swipe on and be out of the door in a matter of seconds. I have to take the time to ensure that it looks good, and not a big ole clumpy mess.

However, it is very black, so that's one redeeming feature. Also, it does last pretty well. As for 'High Drama Volumizing' - Hmm, maybe I just have the wrong sort of lashes, but I don't see a great deal of volume.

It's a resounding 'meh'

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by pullum_purna

I quite like this mascara but I think I had also bought a bad tube because the formula appeared dry and it clumped my lashes. But I liked the black intensity that it gave my lashes. It did thicken and was easy to go on and take off. They discontinued this product here in Canada so I won't buy this product ever again anyways.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by allieesahhx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite mascaras! it volumizes my asian lashes and it really gives it definition! i like how dark and thick they make my lashes! it's a great mascara love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must have gotten a bad tube, because the product that I received does not resemble any of the reviews written here. I applied the mascara and all I got was clumps, clumps and more clumps. At $9.00 a tube, I expected a lot more from this product. This is my fourth L'oreal mascara that I have tried, and none of them have impressed me. I will not buy this product again...I'll stick with Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a fan of natural looking eye lashes. This mascara truly makes your lashes stand out and appear.....well....fake. But in a good way. It thickens like no other and the rich pigmented black is so dramatic and eye catching. I'll be pretty pissed if a previous poster was right and it turns out L'oreal discontinued this mascara. That always happens to me, I find a fabulous product and the company takes it away from me. >:(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by adelelove

i have seen this mascara on older YouTube reviews and was not able to find it, so i was disappointed, thinking it was discontinued. but one day while i was out and about with my grandma she took me to Walgreens (we don't have one in my city) and there it was! on sale! i just had to grab it and i must say i love love love it. the following week i went out with my grandma again and only had time to put on this mascara, no other makeup. through my glasses my grandma noticed and commented on how amazing my mascara looked. def gonna go out of my way to Walgreens to repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AWESOME !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by afey1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara rocks.. It more for a club look though.. If used for day time def. chill on the layering aspect but heres a tip - (If worn out at night... layer this baby on until your lashes are how you desire them.. THEN before it dries coat it with a waterproof mascara, WHY? Well in my opinion waterproof mascara causes eyelashes to look dried out and clumpy if used to layer... so You still get that beautiful defined look without the clump :) just an idea

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

This is an amazing mascara. Don't listen to the bad reviews. I didn't see a single clump the whole time I was using this. I must say the formula lasted an extremely long time without drying out or thickening. I was extremely impressed with this mascara and I'm sad they don't make it anymore. The color is super rich and it thickens without clumping. It doesn't lengthen as much as I would like, but that's not a big deal in my book.