Dr. Brandt Pores No More

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Stearyl Fumarate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Magnesium Silicate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Octyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Methylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethyloxobenzo Dioxasilane, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77499). 6/7/09

on 3/29/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I Luke this product. I am 39, don't have many wrinkles, but my skin is very oily and I do have big pores. I used it the first week with my foundation and it did look smooth and my pores did appear to look smaller. I have been in search for a good foundation but haven't been able to find one yet so lately I have just been using this primer after I moisturize and apply sun block. I have only been wearing eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick but I have received so many comments on my skin. I will be buying this again.

on 2/20/2015 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Acne-prone ladies, beware!!!

I can definitely see why this is a good product for some people. I like how light and matte it feels when you apply it on your skin and it truly does get rid of your pores. It kind of makes my make-up look a bit dry and patchy, and I'm usually very oily.

As usual, I tested this on a part of my face before I tried it all over because I'm usually very acne-prone and I didn't even get to test this for more than a day because I woke up to clogged pores plus an oncoming breakout on my forehead. This is definitely a warning sign to me because I'm very acne-prone all over my face but I usually never get any pimples on my forehead! If this product can give me a breakout on my forehead, I can't imagine what it would have done on my most acne-prone areas...!

So, I went to research the ingredients more thoroughly (I should've done this before buying, good thing I got the smaller version.) and it contains 'Octyl Palmitate' which is rated a 4/5 and High on acne-causing, comedogenic ingredients list. I guess my skin is just extremely sensitive and prone to getting pimples than most, so if you're like me, just be warned!

Returning this and never buying again.

on 2/7/2015 4:37:00 PM

Really makes me look flawless..........I like the pump and the face that has a slight tint. I am 65 years old and my skin looks flawless. I will be purchasing it again and again.

on 2/7/2015 3:50:00 PM

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks now and it's been good. I found it starting to minimizing my pores and absorbing oil to mattifying shine in the T-zone. I use it under my foundation and use it part of my daily routine. It's smooth texture allows for flawless application. I prefer a pump than a squeeze tube so it pumps out a tiny amount. I do find extended wear of my makeup and I don't have to re-touch it throughout the day. I might repurchase this, but it's $55 at Sephora Canada for 1 floz / 30ml tube. I find it little expensive for a primer. Overall I'm satisfied.

Edit: So I have been using this product for 3 months now and it's been great! It helps minimizing my pores and matte my shine before I put my foundation on. To experiment, I decided to add it on top of some pimple area and in a few days it reduced the redness and size. I found it to be a good concealer on top of them. I'm about half way through the tube, so I will be making a final review when I'm done. Thanks for reading!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd like to say before my review, that my bad skin reaction seems to be shared with only a minority of people, for others it is their HG. I was excited to receive this in a subscription box as I had heard a lot about it. The packaging was good, in a nice tube so there is no double dipping. I ignored the mixed reviews and applied it underneath my usual foundation. Long story short, this broke me out by the end of the day with the start of cystic spots and masses of whiteheads. I figured that I should give it the benefit of the doubt, gave my skin a break from it and have tried again several times since, all with the same painful outcome. I do have combination skin with typical TOTM breakouts, but I am surprised to see such an immediate reaction from my skin, even with trialling products it usually takes my skin at least a few days to register if it is unhappy with something. It is a shame, as I have seen such fantastic results on others - this might work for you perfectly, it just did not agree with my skin at all.

on 12/24/2014 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This use to be my HG primer. I always use to recommend it to all my friends. My skin was very oily and had little pores and I was convinced this was working on my skin for years. It did make my makeup last long however, after switching to Tarte for the last few months I have realize this primer actually caused me to become oiler and make my pores look much large. It also caused me to break out in tiny bumps which I hadn't noticed until I switched primers. Now my skin is combination and my makeup never looks oily on my skin.

on 11/30/2014 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Did okay, has a strong astringent smell. I think some of my drug store primers and other higher end brands do a better job. Won't repurchase.

on 11/21/2014 2:25:00 AM

I got this product as a sample in an IPSY bag. I love it! I've tried so many other pore minimizers (Benefit, Maybelline, and Smashbox) and none have worked as well as this product. It keeps my makeup in place all day and completely smoothed my skin. The only downside is the price. However, I think its worth the extra bucks.

on 10/10/2014 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have to say this product is similar to Perfekt's skin gel. Great tinted primer. I also apply over my makeup for an "airbrush" finish. Completely smooths out the larger pores in my T section. Just too pricey for me. However I will gladly use if I receive as gift or swap.

I have acne prone skin and this product did not break me out. Makeup applies smoothly over this primer. Just wish it was a tad bit cheaper.

on 9/7/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I got this in my Ipsy bag...and dang it! I love it but I don't want to! I cannot purchase this. It is way to expensive. So I will hang onto my sample for dear life. It really blurs out those pores and smooths out your cheeks and forehead. Love it / hate the price...I'm mad.

Popular Treatments (Face)