September 18, 2014 | 1840 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Sensitive - SPF 30

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by dreamability

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Banana Boat is a household name when it comes to Australian sunscreens. We've all come to respect this brand for sun protection when we head out to the great Aussie beaches. Banana Boat Sensitive contains no fragrances and contains 6% of micronised zinc which is very reasonable. It's around $AU12 for 250ml which is very affordable and is one of the cheapest sunscreens on the market.

My experience:
I've used Banana sunscreen in the morning and afternoon. It has been my trustworthy companion against the UV rays and I did not get any breakouts even though I have acne prone skin. It claims to be non-greasy, however I dispute this as it does feel oily on my skin - this is a temporary effect. It does leave a white cast but it disappears after a short period of time.
I've been using retinol and aha recently which meant that products used on my skin can be easily penetrated, thus a higher chance of break outs. I did not get any break outs, however on extremely hot and humid days where sweat and melting sunscreen mix, breaks outs have decided to come in large numbers. This was probably the worst break out case I've ever had.
Would I repurchase? No. This is because I can purchase other sunscreens that are non-greasy and non-condemogenic. Basically, I would purchase a sunscreen that's more cosmetically elegant, although I highly recommend Banana Boat for body use or a day out to the beach. Banana Boat sunscreen doesn't say it's non- condemogenic however I haven't had break outs prior to the very hot/humid day and the use of Retinol/AHAs.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2006 6:55:00 PM More reviews by clgtz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product for it's SPF coverage, but the thin consistency and greasy feel is a little weird !!! If all I am going to do is swim and stay in my suit for the day, this is good. But, if you are going to put clothes and go out later (with a simple rinse off shower), it is definitely too greasy. Also, when re-applied, it turns into little weird flakes ???

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 8:17:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a thin lotion that doesn't irritate skin, and protects well. It is a little too greasy for face. I prefer to wear a little makeup over my sunscreen, but this was just a little too slick. Not bad, but noticeable. But good for the body. Would definitely repurchase. No strong fragrance either. EDIT: Took away one lippie because this also left white streaks on my face. They appeared an hour later, so I didn't even know it, and looked really stupid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 1:31:00 AM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this all over my beody, including face, it is the perfect consitency, not too greasy and doesn't cause any horrible rashes/Breakouts, it also has very good sun protection for broad spectrum and lasts for quite a while in the ocean. Sensible price means I can reapply plentifully, I rate this 5 for body, but would rate it 4 for face as it is *slightly* too greasy for my face which is acne prone, I prefer wearing a hat:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 6:32:00 AM More reviews by anneh89

I use this sunscreen on my face, because it doesn't irritate my skin, other sunscreens i tried would give my rashes e.t.c. :(

It's pretty thick, and it protects really well...awesume for the Australian sun :)

Will re-purchase :D