September 1, 2014 | 2042 users online

Dry Shampoo - Rene Furterer - Naturia Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I experience this dry shampoo as an okay one. It does it's job decent, but the smell is dirty (not fresh at all). The active ingredients are rice starch and kaolin, what is a healthy option for your scalp, It has a flesh colour that is invisible when worked into the scalp and hair (I have brown hair). The bottle is finished quick and it is an expensive dry shampoo, so for a cheaper option I would choose Batiste, that smells better and does the same job and is a third of the price. Rene Furterer has a natural image, but is not that natural at all. If you want to go natural than just use corn starch. For me the best dry shampoo till now is Klorane.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best dry shampoo I have ever used. The only reason I don't buy it more often is because it's expensive and it doesn't last very long. I know, I know, doesn't sound like a great recommendation! Truthfully, though, I'm a dry shampoo-aholic. I try to stick to the more "natural" side of dry shampoos, but I've tested Batiste (very good), Tresemme (crap), Oscar Blandi (good), Klorane (awesome), Bumble and Bumble (AWFUL) etc. and this one is still the best so far. It comes in a spray can, which is my favorite method of applying dry shampoo, and works like a charm. One of my favorite things about this dry shampoo is that is comes out kind of beige. It's not stark white or colored like the Batiste ones, just kinda light flesh-colored. It makes it easy to hide into my hair. It smells good, kind of like expensive powder, but isn't overpowering. I've found over the years that the trick to any dry shampoo is to spray it/pour it on the roots, but don't overdo it, then LET IT SIT for a few minutes before working it through your hair and brushing it out. I used to get really frustrated with dry shampoos that "didn't work" when it was really my own fault. You really have to give the powder some time to soak up the oil before you proceed to fluff. I've never had a problem with this making my head itchy, which for those of you who use dry shampoo frequently know is a problem. I usually buy this when I'm on vacation or a trip because it's the niftiest and I know I can rely on it to make my hair look fabulous. I will repurchase as long as it's made.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by expira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a rare review where I liked the product but would not buy again. I took a break from Klorane to see if I liked this better, and yes, actually, I do. Klorane smells lovely and is loads cheaper, but RF gave me more volume. klorane really is just used for in-between washing days for me, whereas I could use RF as a styling product as well. The canister lasted about a month, about average for that size, in my opinion. However, for the price, I could not justify buying RF over Klorane. It's better but not better enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Carley210

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does all it says it will. I use it the day after a shampoo & it keeps my hair clean, fluffy and ready to go for two more days. The down side is, I cannot find it locally. Sephora doesn't carry it, nor Ulta. I order it from Amazon. Wish I could find it in my area.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried many dry shampoos, the latest are from the drugstore (haven't found one I like yet). I too dislike the price but it's the one I always go back too. It simply works. Dries up the oil without a lot of talc (it uses clay), my hair smells good, has volume and looks great. I'm on my third can. A 3.2 oz. can will last me a year as I only use it in emergencies - hair looks like it can go one more day then I wake up and it's looking bad. My hair is fine so perhaps a little goes further than someone with thick hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by fechenwiesen

I have a love/hate relationship with htis stuff. I love what it does for my hair, that it isn´t sticky, doesn´t leave white stuff on my shoulders and it gives my hair body and lets me not shampoo everyday. I hate the price, and that fact that I only do my roots and get about 10 uses from a can. I also find that sometimes the product doesn´t come out with the aerosol, so I get the feeling the ´air´is finished before I have all the product out of the can. I have repurchased this about 4 times, but realize it´s just too hard on my wallet ( 15,00 Euros a can) I have seen this in Paris in double packs for around 10,00 Euros.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by jdeyron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if I misused the product, but after a few uses, i'd say less than 10, the jar was done. I really didn't like it. I may have sprayed too much, but that's how much was required to get my hair to look less oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by meluvsprettys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product can keep me oil free for days. And I have fringe that needs a mid afternoon tending to! I like that it doesn't leave a residue and yet somehow restores softness (lots of other dry shampoos I've tried left me feeling like the moisture was zapped).

Like other reviewers said, it's a lot of money for a little bit of product. I personally get about a months worth out of it, which for me is still a lot considering I can shower shampoo my hair for less than that each month!

I would give this a 5 star rating except for the price. Oh, and the flowery smell. Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by graphicfighter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rene Furterer's Naturia has been my one and only dry shampoo for a year now but if it actually does everything it promises (leaves your hair fresh and fluffy the whole day and even day after), it runs out really fast! I'd say 8-10 uses to the most. When you know it costs 25$ a bottle, it makes you want to wash your hair more often to save it for the days you really need it... which actually defies the purpose of a dry shampoo supposed to be perfect for a quick on-the-go fix.
I still sticked to it all the while knowing this because it is formulated without parabens/sulfates/petro-chemicals/phthalates/triclosan. Its ridiculous price per use eventually had me think twice again when I finished my spray this morning, thus setting out for the cheaper alternative brand "Batiste" which doesn't look bad on the composition. They're 1/3 of the Naturia's price and comes in variety of smells and finishes. I will voice my reviews and will edit this back as soon as I know whether it can live up to Rene Furterer's Naturia efficiency.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm obsessed with this stuff. Absolutely obsessed. I mean I can't get enough of this product. If I was stuck on a deserted island and can only bring one (or two hair products) this would be of them. I use this almost everyday. Even on clean hair. It gives my clean hair great "second day" texture and gives my oily bangs and top layers fluffy volume on the third or fourth day. Let me just clarify that I can go a week even up to a week and a half without washing my hair and this stuff is a life saver. My hair is two different textures at the moment, my top layers are very smooth and healthy but underneath and the last 6 or 7 inches of my hair are are damaged and very porous from a couple body waves and the balayage/ombré I had done in october '10 and my hair is slowly recovering so I prefer not to over wash and this stuff is a lifesaver. It lasts a long time I think especially considering how much I use it. I can probably use a bottle for 2 months before it's out but I prefer the travel sizes because you get the half the amount of the big size for half the price so at least they don't overcharge you like most companies do on travel sizes.