July 25, 2014 | 941 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Illuminating Eye Treatment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Meritorious

I have purchased this several times, so obviously I like it a lot. But I like it for reasons that The Body Shop does not advertise with its claims. This cream (it's kind of more of a lotion) in a tube / wand applicator is supposed to lighten dark circles over time due to the kinetin. I can't attest to that. But it does lighten dark circles immediately due to the illumination. I LOVE it for a mid-day perk up over my concealer. This is really the only way I use it. It's portable, easy to swipe on and mess-free. Dabbing it under my eyes when the vestiges of concealer are barely visible brings a freshness that equals a new application of concealer. It is on the high side, price-wise, but I've found very few eye creams/lotions that can work with (and on top of) any concealer without adding another cakey layer (the only other one I've found is Clarins Eye Balm, which is even more expensive). This does not irritate my very sensitive, contact-lens-wearing eyes.

So-- I'd give it a 5 easily if its stated purpose was freshening the eye area during the day. I'd give a 5 on packaging too except I always feel a *little* ripped off by tubes since I know there's more in there that I can't get out (same thing with lipgloss...). But I suppose that's a personal thing.

This is an excellent product that I will purchase for eternity if they don't change the formula.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 12:43:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty good product. Doesn't do anything to fix dark circles (but lets face it, most makeup doesn't "fix" anything). However, it did add a nice effect to the area to reflect light around the eyes, making the dark circles less noticeable. I wouldn't say it did a whole lot, but it does make a difference. The only real downer is the price at $16.00 a tube but it lasts a good while and it's worth a try. :) I don't like going out without it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2006 10:53:00 PM More reviews by tasjaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a day eye cream/treatment.. I guess its pretty good..if it wasnt for the illumintating part, I probably would give it 3 lippies, but because It does a pretty good job in hiding the dark cirles under my eyes I added an extra lippie..Im not a pro on eye treatments..but this works fine for me..just be careful not to use too much because this stuff flakes if the area where applied is touched or sweeped..but not as much as the daily eye treatment cream :)

Edit: This stuff just flakes off..id doesnt sink in at all..I dont know if its just my skin or what, but this stuff doesnt work for me..really wanted to like this :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2006 3:51:00 AM More reviews by ceciliathemuppet

This product is amazing. To be noted: this review is for the Illuminating Eye Treatment with kinetin, that comes in a shiney golden-topped tube with a wand applicator,... NOT the jar of kinetin cream that you have to dip your finger into.. that obviously got horrible reviews as I saw on here! I think this must be semi-new to not have any reviews yet! Anyways, I am your average pale-skinned, super purple dark circled,- with very thin eye-skin kinda gal, who is fed up with trying every eye cream on the market that claims to lighten dark circles either instantly or over time.. only to continue on the vicious circle, endlessly searching for an eye gel, cream, or potion that really works. Well this my dark circled sisters, is the one!! I have tried millions of creams from a broad variety of different brands.. and only hated a few of them (the ones that burn!) but am usually just basically & generally unsatisfied,..with those nothing-out-of-the-ordinary creams that do moisturize, but do nothing for our deep, dark circles (which I've heard are hereditary and there is nothing we can do about them but to conceal them, that every cream claiming to lighten is a hoax..)-and I was beginning to believe that was the truth, I swear I had given up! But deep down I knew, even if there is not a cream to ultimately lighten our circles for good, there is always something to help draw attention away from them, even without undereye concealer perhaps!! Prescriptives Vibrant was my previous favorite before this, it helped bring a light golden pink subtle shimmer to give the illusion of more brightened eyes, even still I always used a concealer afterwards. Cuz mine are THAT BAD. O.K.. shutup me!! Finally on to the effects of this product that I am supposed to be writing and raving about!..haha.. As soon as I tried on the tester in the store, I thought "Wow, that really makes my eyes look so much better!!" And now I tried it again @ home and am even more impressed! The texture is very thin, and I'm not sure how much of it is in this lightweight tube, it was $16 dollars, but I got it free with my 4th "Love your Body" point (a club that you join that saves you 10% on everything you purchase, $10 free in store merchandise during your b-day month, and free gifts with every so- often qualifying purchase, etc) It is light pink and irridescent in color, and I guess the irridescence is what helps to beautify the dark undereye area. I don't have problems with puffiness.. so I'm not sure if it helps with that problem, but I do promise to you that you will be pleasantly surprised and maybe even slightly shocked with the immediate difference you will see in your eyes!! I don't even think I need concealer right now!! It's that good!!! Congrats to the Body Shop on this one!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No