October 22, 2014 | 900 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - A Pigment of Your Imagination

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by shelbylynnjones

I agree with previous reviewers as to the goopiness of this. I have acne prone sensitive skin and the lotion was way too much for it and caused breakouts. I couldn't tell you if it worked because I couldn't handle the constant breakouts. Definitely pass if you have the same type of skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this product when it came in liquid form with a dropper. Althought it had a short shelf life (turned yellowy after a while) I still LOVED it . . . it WORKED!!! It did not clog my pores or interfere with acne treatment and addressed my problem . .. post acne scars. Philosophy apparently thinks EVERYBODY has dry, parched skin and wants a moisturizer in EVERY product and they've created this greasy goopy mess. It is NOT for those of us with oily acne-prone skin or even those who just want a product to address a single problem .. .. hyperpigmentation! i'm so sick of these companies discontinuing effective single purpose products for these useless all-in-one deals . . . Uuuuggghhh!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by BetsyC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, so good! I have only been using this for about 2weeks now (another Dr. Baumann recommendation), and I do not notice the oiliness that a lot of people have. It may be likely due to the fact that I am in my 50's, and it seems very suited to my skin type. It absorbs quickly, after an initial shiny look, and I do think my skin is more even toned. I have one brown blotch on my cheek that is the size of a pea from some sun damage and that is kind of my 'test spot'. So far I have to say I notice no difference in that spot, but it *has* been only 2 weeks. So far, I am glad I got this cream, and it has made a noticeable difference in the overall texture and brightness of my skin. I am going to continue to use it. If worse comes to worse and my spot doesn't fade, it is still a lovely skin cream and great sunblock!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Alex871

One word; lard. This was the thickest, greasiest, nastiest smelling thing I've ever put on my face, haha. I was down to using a smaller-than a pea sized amount, and it still drenched my face in what felt like vegetable oil. The shine that it gave my skin was uncontrollable; it looked like I was sweating. I reverted to only using it at night, in hopes to lighten some dark spots on my face, but still no result. I finally gave it up when I noticed grease face prints on my pillows. The bottle sat in my drawer for a few months and began to turn yellowish, brownish colors, I suppose from the high saturated fat content. The words started coming off the tube, I guess also a factor of it being so oily. My most dissapointing and upsetting skin-care purchase ever.

PROS: Nothing

CONS: Everything

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2007 5:21:00 PM More reviews by mantees11

THIS PRODUCT!!I HAD MY HOPES UPI THAT IT WOULD REMOVE MY ACNE SCARS AND IT DID NOT!!,INSTEAD BECAUSE I HAVE COMBINATION SKIN AND THE FORMULA WAS SUPER THICK IT MADE ME BRAK OUT LIKE CRAZZZY!!AND IT WAS SOO THICK THAT INSTEAD OF LIGHTENING MY ACNE SCARS I GOT MORE ACNE SCARS!!ITS JUST NOT GOOD FOR COMBINATION SKIN,YOU CANNOT EVEN PUT A FOUNDATION OVER IT OR ELLSE YOULL LOOK LIKE A CAKE,DISGUSTINGLY JUST THINKING OF IT IN MY FACE I FEEL STICKY ALREADY!!,DONT BUY!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by selesticow

I bought this based on Dr. Baumann's recommendations for my skin type - my acne scars stay around forever in the form of brown, yucky spots in my face.

Unfortunately, I had not heard of MUA at the time, because if I had read the reviews, I would've known better.

This product did absolutely nothing but waste my $. I'm sure it might work for some people (maybe freckles are more receptive) but if you have brown spots from acne or sun I wouldn't be too optimistic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lba619

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using Philosophy skin care for about two years now, and this is my favorite product by far. I have had dark brown spots (melasma) on my face for several years and have tried other prescription and nonprescription treatments. None of them have worked as well as this has. It is not an overnight miracle, but with time this product works very well to even out skin tone. The serum glides on easily and dries quickly prepping the skin for moisturizer. I will definately continue to use this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by summerlit07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My fiance picked it up for me (how nice!). This is my 4th day using it and I love it! it does lighten my freckles..even my fiance commented on how nice my skin looked. I will use it again, no doubt!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2006 10:41:00 AM More reviews by gypsywoman

I had two age spots underneath one of my eyes. I tried the Oil of Olay Regenerist Targeted Zone product but it did absolutely nothing for me. I tried the Philosophy product and within a couple of weeks (using only once per day), one spot was gone completely and the other had noticably faded. However, I still haven't gotten completely rid of one of the spots and I've been using this product now for about three months, more or less on a daily basis. No new spots have appeared though and the one that remains is tiny so I have to give this a thumbs-up. And while it's high-priced ($45 a bottle), you only use a very tiny amount so it lasts forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by LaBoheme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It didn't work -- but I frequently forgot to use it. My friend, a MUA, told me to dab it on with a q-tip just on the spots I wanted to lighten three or more times a day. Who has time for that? LOL