December 19, 2014 | 1414 users online

Polishes - OPI - Red-Y to Help

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ccunn13ca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a special release colour, with $1 from each sale donated to the American Red Cross. I don't think $1 from my sale was donated cuz I bought this off of E-Bay. Also, the price was a bit steep. Oh well.

This is a muted rosy red frost w/ warm microshimmer. As usual, I did two coats each on my tips & toes. The colour is true to the bottle. This is a very "safe" colour, and I think this is a colour that's suitable for most, if not all, skintones.

I wore this for six days, and only my right index finger chipped, and I didn't reapply top coat. The only way I'd repurchase this is if I find it for cheaper than what I originally paid!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 7:49:00 AM More reviews by SusieQ40

LOVE this! It is a beautiful red that would look great on any skin tone. Wears well and resists chipping. As for other reviewers that rate OPI polishes high but say they would not buy again, I think that must be because a bottle of nail polishes lasts a while and by the time you are done with the bottle, usually you want to try a different color. And OPI always has so many fun colors to try and it is reasonably priced and high quality (do people really buy Estee Lauder nail polish at $18 each?). I rated that I would buy Red-Y to Help again because I do like it that much, but in reality I probably wouldn't because it is limited edition and there's other colors to have fun with.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2007 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ilakdala

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's telling that reviewers rate the polish fairly high but wouldn't buy it again. I'm in agreement. OPI's Red-Y to Help is a limited edition polish put out to help the Red Cross. As others have noted, it's a metallic brick red with a shot of dark rose. I don't know why this polish isn't quite doing it for me, as objectively it's quite pretty. It's a deepish red, which I like, and I almost always like metallic/shimmery polishes. But this one doesn't shimmer fetchingly. It's kind of matte and dull, even with a shiny topcoat. It also doesn't wear as well as my other OPI's. I wore Lincoln Park After Dark for a week without a chip, while my Red-Y manicure is already starting to wear after less than 24 hours. But it *is* a pretty polish and a unique red (and I should know, I have 2,345,678 reds). I would recommend you borrow it rather than buy it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2006 8:40:00 PM More reviews by princesss

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Red-y to Help is a deep, dark rose with some brown undertones. It is a beautiful colour. I used it for a pedi and it lasted a week with no real signs of wear.
The new wider brush has a learning curve but once you are used to it, it does work quite well.
My biggest complaint with this polish is that everytime I try to use it for a manicure I get massive amounts of bubbles on my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2006 2:33:00 AM More reviews by radiant1

I love this medium dark rosy shade. It has a subtle shimmer and is gorgeous on tips and toes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 4:16:00 AM More reviews by shanghaisweetie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmmm...after having this shade on my toes for the last five days, I'm still on the fence as to whether I like this or not. Elankat's shade description of "very dark rose red with slight brown tones" is exactly as I would describe it and it's not that it is an unattractive shade, but it's certainly not wowing me. I think it might be the satiny bordering on dull finish. Even topped with my favorite super shiny top coat it lacked the luster I expect with most OPI polishes. The polish did fare better with me as far as wear goes not a chip or flake in sight and I do love that OPI used the new wider brush with this polish but all in all, I'm not hugely impressed. Red-Y to Help was created to benefit the Red Cross and I believe is/was available at most beauty stores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Red-Y to Help is OPI's new polish that was created as a benefit for the Red Cross. One dollar from every bottle purchased is donated to the Red Cross. The bottle features OPI's new brush design that was introduced with their Designer Series. The brush is flatter and wider. If you have small nailbeds, it can be a challenge, but overall I think it provides a nicer application. The brush flattens nice and wide on the nail, allowing you to do a perfect "3 stroke" nail with ease. I have heard that OPI will eventually have this brush design on all their polishes.

The color is a very dark rose red with slight brown tones. The finish is very similar to OPI Soho Nice to See You, Paint Your Toron-toes Rose, or Mother Road Rose. It's shimmery and highly metallic. Although some would say this color is a vampy shade, I think it falls just short of being dark enough to be vampy. It's a nicely sophisticated shade that will do particularly well for the transition into fall. It's about as dark as Essie Brilliant Ball Gown or OPI Cabernet for the Lady, but with a distinctly rose tone (vs. BBG's red or CftL's purple tones). A nice shade. I probably won't keep this one because I didn't really feel like it popped on my cool-tone PPP fingers. It was nice, but I have a lot of polish and there are just others that I'd rather wear. OPI is problematic for me and some shades do not wear well at all on me. This was one of them. I had distinct tip wear after 12 hours. If OPI wears well for you, this shouldn't be an issue. But given the performance, I will probably swap this one away instead of giving it another try.