July 29, 2014 | 2036 users online

Treatments (Face) - Almay - Pore Minimizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Natzilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently joined up here because every time I tried to find info about different beauty products, this site would pop up with all of these helpful reviews.
So time to place mine....
I have been hunting for a decent primer and was considering a few of the more expensive brands such as smash box, benefit etc.. When I remembered ages ago I had purchased this pore minimizer on an impulse for next to nothing and its been sitting in my kit for ages.
So out of curiosity I have used it the last few days under my foundation and its not so much a pore minimizer but more of an awesome primer!
I have oily skin and find that most days theres no makeup on my face by the time I get home. I found using this that at my face stays put!!

EDIT!! Gives me rally painful large pimples, I think it may clog my pores a bit too much.

Its great that I have found my first and only primer by looking in my makeup kit :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Does not work as a pore minimizer. But it is an excellent makeup primer. This is one of my favorite primers! I purchased it after it was discontinued at cosmetic warehouse. It left my skin super smooth and helped on hot, humid days.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Crownroyalchinelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can i say.....HORIIIIIIBLE, i absolutely hate this product, i dont understand the good reviews but i know products work different on different individuals, as for me hate it. It made my pores stand out LARGER, and dried my skin intially,then wait for it.... oily lol i hate it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by B2Bebe

This did nothing for my skin. I saw no improovement/results from this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Almay Pore Minimizer
Product claims: Instantly minimizes the look of pores. Skin looks fresh and even.
This product comes in a .5oz tube. It retails for about $6.00 but I got it for less than half that with a store coupon from HEB.
1. This product is a light cream that goes on very smoothly and does not feel at all heavy. It does not have any noticeable scent.
2. It really did nothing to minimize my pores but it did help my foundation apply more evenly and I noticed that I did not get as oily as the day went on. Also, I did not notice any evenness in my skin.
3. Overall, this product did offer me some benefits but it did not live up to it's claims. I do not feel that I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by LookingForMore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product but can't find it anywhere! I found this at a closeout store, and it is the best product I've ever used. I have terribly oily skin with very large pores that no other product has been able to correct. This stuff not onlny minimizes my pores and reduces shine, it does so instantly. Product goes fast, which would be ok for me even if it was more expensive, if only I could find some more. Is this discontinued?

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by lorraineg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad I only paid $6.00 for this product because it did absolutely nothing for me. Didn't minimize my pores at all. I'm searching for something similar to the Monistat gel which works best on my pores but is really dry on my non-oily skin. I should have waited to purchase this somewhere where I could return it, but I didn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by bomchickadee

This really diminishes the appearance of my pores! I use mineral foundation (everyday minerals) and it tends to emphasize my pores on my nose and areas around it. I bought this for around $8 at ulta..and it fixed my problem! the product is not greasy at all and has a pleasant scent, and i can feel my skin/pores evening out under my fingers when i use this. this isn't much of a makeup primer though; it doesn't help my foundation to last longer, but it really helps to hide my huge pores. i took one lippy away because of the amount of product (0.5 oz) and i don't like the tube it comes in. you can't see how much product you have left inside and it gets difficult to squeeze product out once you start running out, but besides that...amazing. will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

This stuff works miracles. I put a light coat of this product on before Clinique City Stick. City Stick is a great, medium-coverage foundation/concealer and Almay's Pore Minimizer helps the foundation glide on more smoothly. Then, I dust my face with MAC Blot and my skin looks pore-less and stays shine-free for about 4 hours. I have oily skin with medium-sized pores and this routine makes my skin look happy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by zoiejurek

I bought this stuff on clearance for like $1.50 so thats why I rated so good for cost and that's why I bought it too. I normally would not try a product that is so small amount of product that is expensive because most of them I hear dont work and I dont want to wast my money but since it was so cheap I couldnt pass it up! This stuff really works and I have an oily nose to I use it there only and it really helps keep the oil away, almost like I put on a liquid that turned to powder only stays on, unlike powders your oil comes thru, and in a lot of cases powders make your face create more oil cuz it thinks your skin is dry so then you have to reapply it. Not with this, I put it on right when I get out of the shower or after washing my face and it shrinks my pores and keeps the oil away, I love it! I would purchase again, depending on the cost. The only thing is you have to use it every day to see results, as soon as you stop I notice my sking goes back to oily nose with larger pores so its hard to remember all the time, but if your loyal to it and use it always it really does work