BeneFit Cosmetics Concealer Brush

2.4

on 6/26/2012 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

SA convinced me to get this w/ Boi-ing. Brush head came off after a couple of weeks. Cheap piece of crap, put me off Benefit for life.

on 1/28/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This brush was a dud. Ordered it from sephora.com because i use and love benefit concealers and i like my brush brand to match the brand of product it gets used for (lol i know i'm weird!). Well I had it for a month and washed it which caused the silver part to completely come unglued from the wood part even though I wash all my other brushes the same. They don't even soak in the water at that part so the wash maybe had nothing to do with it. So my boyfriend fixed it for me with some glue and pliers but it's already loose again. When it falls apart next time I'm just going to chuck it because it's too big and stiff to use under my eyes. The only good thing about it is that I haven't noticed any shedding so the bristles stay put.

Feels to me like a smaller version of a foundation brush - in its shape and texture. I find I can't use it to dab concealer onto small areas (like blemishes) because the head is too wide. It's got a flat shape that makes applying product right up the lower eye rim or around the nose (ie nooks and crannies) quite easy. However, I'd agree with reviewers who've said it's a bit stiff to use under the eye. I only use mine to apply foundation to my eyelids as a base for eyeshadow - and, to be honest, I could do that just as well with my Smashbox foundation brush.

I actually find this brush really useful for concealers that come in a pot. I use a Funkhouser concealer from Amway (which comes with three shades), and it does a good job of blending because of its stiffness.

I find it works best if you don't pull it, but you use it for dabbing the colours together.

on 6/8/2007 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

On one hand, I'm a bit surprized at the negative reviews for this brush.... but I understand that it's probably not the best for covering the undereye area and small blemishes with a heavy cream or stick concealer. For that the brush is too large and the bristles may be too soft for a heavier product. - I think it could be useful as a smaller foundation brush for liquid foundations.

I use this brush with my Make Up Forever Full Coverage concealer, to cover larger areas, such as any minor rosacea-redness on my upper cheeks and nose and to blend the lighter shade of concealer for undereye area with the darker shade for my cheek area. (JFYI: I use the concealer sparingly in a dab-stipple motion or it will look too cakey!!!) Then I dab-stipple a little bit of foundation over that with a latex-free makup wedge.

Tip: I use a small headed concealer brush for my undereye area and the Sephora Point Concealer Brush for small blemishes.

on 11/24/2005 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was my first concealer brush, which is a very sad thing. I bought it because I loved BOING so much, that I had to see if it worked even better with its brush. Well. I didn't absolutely HATE it, but ended up putting the brush aside and using my fingers eventually. Then, when I read all of the neg reviews here, I decided to give concealer brushes another chance. I bought a Nars flat concealer brush, with which I immediately fell deeply in love. Very thankful to MUA, because otherwise I might have lived my whole life thinking all concealer brushes were alike...and like this one (shudder).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

at first, i thought it was a great investment.. but really, i never use it. I use my benefit foundation brush more than my concealor brush. the problem with the concealor brush is that it's too hard and it doesnt blend concealor very well.

It works well if you have something really dark to conceal (ahem, hickeys?) and you'd need more concealor anyway.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This brush is a bit too hard for the whole under-eye area, but it's good for getting right up under the lash line. Everything else can be done with the finger except that. So the brush is excellent for that purpose. I don't use it for concealing blemishes, either.

on 6/30/2004 3:34:00 PM

Gee, I like this brush. I did get it cheap off a famous online auction house, so didn't pay much. But it works great with boing on my undereye circles.

on 6/6/2003 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe how crappy this brush is. First of all, the shape is terrible and this really doesnt work with the boing concealer because the concealer is very dry. Probably the worst brush I have ever used...but then again...ALL of benefits brushes are cheap and horrible!

Popular Makeup Brushes