October 22, 2014 | 1481 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Stippling brush silver

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by yancepants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

If the metal part near the bristles gets even the slightest bit wet, the brush will bleed black/green-ish dye throughout all of the bristles, which leaves the brush looking murky and unclean. Definitely not the quality I would expect in a $35 brush. Returned the brush & would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by olivia8076

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a great stippling brush compared to the cost of the mac one! i've had it about a month now and wash it weekly. it blends well and does not shed. I feel like its gonna last me a long time

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One pricey item that I think is worth it. I debated whether or not to get this. I was satisfied with my small Lancome skunk brush but I heard that theirs is flimsy compared to Sephora's. I imagine this brush will last a long time because it doesnt shed when I wash it and looks the same. This brush makes applying my liquid foundation a breeze. I like the size as well, its perfect for liquid foundation. I do not have any super pigmented blushes or bronzers but if I get one I would imagine this would be useful for that as well. Unless this falls apart I doubt I will want to try the MAC one...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by caligrl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first stippling brush, but I really love this. I use this to apply my liquid foundation and it gives a great airbrushed finish, my foundation truly looks flawless with this! I have not noticed any shedding with this, atleast not yet. I recommend this and will repurchase if necessary but I hope it lasts a long time!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by ash10twenty

i bought this brush about 3 years ago.to this day it continues to shed when i use it and more when i wash it. also, the something about the material of the bristles,or the fibers makes it catch dust, and tricky to clean. for me, this brush is definitely not worth the price.as for the functionality of it, it really doesn't matter how well deposits product when the bristles are all over your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Originally I wanted to get the MAC 187 stippling brush but bought this instead because I was given a Sephora gift card as a present and Sephora does not sell MAC. This was almost two years ago. Now two years later I can say that I LOVE this brush, it doesn't shed, it has never lost a single strand, even after thorough usage with foundations, bronzers, blushes and weekly washing. It gives a perfect airbrush appearance to make up while using less product than any other brush. Moreover, during these 2 years I did have a chance to use someone else's MAC 187 brush on numerous occasions and am happy to say that this brush is wayyy wayyy better!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's my very first, and the only stippling brush I own, so I don't have any point of reference for comparison. Having said that, I would say it's a good brush. Does a good job for applying my foundation. It hasn't shed much - maybe a couple hairs. The only complaint I have is that it bleeds dark blue dye from the lower part of the hair when I wash. I have washed several times since purchasing and it still bleeds. I agree with others about the smell. It smells like as if they cut some goat hair and didn't even bother washing or processing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by RadMom32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this for me so I watched some tutorials on using this brush to stipple foundation which I tried and it's OK, although I find I use more product than I do when I use my flat/oval foundation brush... but I have found the perfect use for this brush... to apply/stipple blush!! Cream blush, powder blush - it has an airbrushed effect. It's worth buying just for that purpose. Love mine!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by brianadecaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually ended up returning this. I was so excited to get it home and try it. I was going out of town that weekend for a wedding and this was the only foundation brush I brought with me. That was a mistake on my part. This brush smelled awful! I figured it was just the "new brush smell" so I washed it and let it dry. Still smelled bad. I washed it again. Still smelled. You get the idea. I washed it 3 or 4 times and it reeked! My boyfriend said it smelled like acetone. I couldn't even use it because even after I'd apply foundation, I could still smell the toxic smell on my face. Plus, after washing it, the dye bled a lot and the brush shed like crazy. I decided for the price, this was not the performance I wanted from a brush. I've purchased other brushes from the Sephora collection that I love and have had for years. This one sadly did not fit the bill. It's very possible I got a defective one, but I ended up buying the Sonia Kashuk stippling brush while out of town and not near a Sephora. I have had no complaints with that one, so back to the store this went. I will say that despite the smell and other issues, this did apply foundation beautifully. The fibers are soft so not scratchy or pokey when stippling foundation and the brush did give good "bounce back" when used in the stippling motion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by shortie183

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i dont own this brush but i have borrowed it from my sister a few times when my mac 187 was drying. i just dont understand why people fork out the money to buy this brush when the mac 187 is so much better. this isnt that much cheaper than the mac brush so it just doesnt make sense. some of my mac brushes have lasted me for over 10 years without any issues and they are considered the best in the world. this brush sheds like crazy and doesnt give the same results. i've also heard that with sephora brushes the handles become loose over time. that doesnt ever happen with my mac brushes.

ps the 187 has not shed on me once! im not saying im a mac snob but when it comes to this brush, i would rather fork out the additonal $5 and get the mac one instead!