December 19, 2014 | 1518 users online

Lip Gloss - Avon - Fruity Lip Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by melaniemallette

I really love this product:) The fruity lip juices are my favorite lipgloss from avon. There are some really nice shades. I had the darker pink that I dont remember the name of, and i had the lighter pink one which i THINK was watermelon. Both are really really pretty shades :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon's Fruity Lip Juice Lip Glosses are one of their newest products with a ridiculously repetitious name. Avon says that these glosses are "So very delicious! Shimmery, fruit flavored lip glosses that provide a hint of high shine tint". I purchased this gloss while Avon was running an introductory, buy one get one free deal. Each .5fl oz (15ml) gloss regularly retails for $2.99. I'll only be reviewing one of the two glosses I purchased, because the other one is currently up for grabs in my giveaway. Fruity Lip Juices are available in 8 shades, I have the brightest of the shades, Tangerine, a shimmer free bright orange. This gloss was made in America. Avon does not test on animals, except in their Chinese market. Before I go on I will warn you now, if you don't like negative reviews turn back now.
Fruity Lip Juices come in a clear squeeze tube with a black plastic cap. The gloss comes in a regular black Avon box that features plenty of product information. The same information (directions, description, ingredients) can be found on the back of the tube. I think this product looks pretty cool, only because the gloss is nearly neon and is quite a contrast from the black cap and writing.
Twisting the cap off reveals what appears to be an average round tip applicator. But no, it's not. This applicator dispenses lip gloss in the most bizarre way I have ever seen. The gloss comes out in a very thin string. You need to squeeze the tube for a long time to get enough of the stringy gloss out. This is the first of several reasons I dislike this gloss. The gloss is pretty thick in texture which is probably why it comes out in such a strange, stringy fashion. It feels slick and a bit heavy on the lips, it's also fairly tacky. However it still feels pretty comfy.
Tangerine looks intensely bright, nearly neon in the tube. It's almost a little intimidating, which isn't how I'd normally describe any color from Avon, who tends to play it relatively safe in the color department. When swatched on the skin it comes out looking crazy orange, but once on the lips it takes on a much more toned down effect. It's still bright, but not super neon like it appears in the tube. It really depends on the color you layer it over, be it a lipstick, or your natural lip color. The color it gives me is nice but...
This gloss has a terrible finish. It gets milky, separated and uneven. This gloss settles into lip lines, and I didn't even know I had any. It looks goopy and patchy. Just bad. The gross goopiness totally cancels out any glossiness. Avon calls the finish a "fresh squeezed shine". Maybe they should've skimmed the pulp out or something. But for reals, I think it's near impossible to apply Fruity Lip Juices evenly.
Avon's Fruity Lip Juices aren't very delicious either. They have a very fake-fruit, medicinal scent and taste to them. It's very synthetic and unpleasant, and pretty strong too. I definitely don't recommend it if you're not a fan of faux-tangerine flavors, or are sensitive to scents.
I really do not like Avon's Fruity Lip Juice Lip Gloss in Tangerine. It applies so poorly and also doesn't wear for more than 10 minutes, even if you're completely silent, and don't eat or drink. The gloss feels ok on the lips, and is a nice color, but what does it matter if it only lasts a couple minutes? I really hope the one I'm including in my giveaway is better than this one, for the winner's sake. If it isn't, I'm quite sorry. I'll probably give my tube to my boyfriend's little sister, or toss it out if she doesn't want it. I'm glad this gloss was only $3. Sorry for such a negative review. I had a really hard time writing it because of how frustrating I found the product. I really did want to love it. I implore you to skip this gloss, and invest a couple more dollars in Avon's Glow Gloss instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by gcgirlzprez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a Christmas present. There was a time when I loved Avon, but now almost every lady in my family sells it, so you get tired of it after a while. So at a first glance, I was unimpressed. I would have never purchased it myself, but I thought maybe it was worth a shot.
So I tried it, and actually its an okay product. I am not overly impressed, since it is a tad sticky, and I'm not a fan of the packaging, but overall, it has a good staying power and a nice shimmer. At a first glance, it looked extremely glittery and pink. Like something a 12 year old would wear. But after you put it on, its a nice shimmery pale rose.
Very nice product overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by lastbeautflgirl

I have this in Cherry Cola. I'm actually not sure where I got it, maybe a friend or a gift exchange or something. It's certainly not a color I would have ever picked up on my own and I don't shop from Avon, so I know I didn't buy it! I had it for awhile before I finally decided to give it a try, and I was shocked at how well I liked it! It is a bit dark for me (I'm pretty pale, typical red hair/fair skin deal) but sometimes I like that look, so I keep it and pull it out now and then. The smell reminds me more of chocolate than cherry cola, but that's fine by me, I'm a little past the age of buying my lip products based on their flavor (well, ok, for the most part!). It looks overwhelmingly glittery in the tube, but on my lips it just looks like a shimmery gloss. Nice smooth texture and decent staying power. Would be better in a different style tube, I think...at least one with a slanted tip instead of the rounded one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2007 5:25:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*PIC* Wow! I loveeeee this gloss, beautiful colour, but i don't recall the name of this one! aghhhhh! (I received this in a swap BN) It's a deep bright pink with gold shimmer, not sticky at ALL , great pigmentation,super smooth texture, stays put really well and looks so lovely! I feel i can wear this all hours and i'm sure all year round- not only when i'm tanned. Gorgeous! I also find if i layer it on, the colour shows up much more vibrantly and you can increase the intensity of the colour. In pic, i only applied really really lightly and sheer-was just going to wash my car lol- , but i usually layer it on and it shows up exactly as the swatches on my hand. Huge thumbs up!

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by HollyHox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

They're okay - I have no real complaints.. but they don't live up to juicy tubes or anything. I've bought these in a few colours before. I didn't expect the colours to actually show up as bold as they do, so I got Cherry Cola liking the sound of the scent. It shows up really dark on me (I'm quite pale) so I rarely use it. I've also gotten a watermelon one before, or something along those lines. That one was nicer.

I will buy these again, but only when I really need lip gloss - which won't be for a very very long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 8:55:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

A nice cheap gloss for the price. I buy these for my teen-age daughter and her friends, however, for me I still prefer my sticky, long-lasting expensive Lancome Juicy Tubes. You can't go wrong with Avon's money-back guarantee.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

I have this in Watermelon, which is a bright medium pink/red. Nice colour and lasting power for a gloss of this price, so I have no complaints!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2005 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Beccaboo28

I'm kind of iffy on this product. I had it in Cherry Cola. I really liked the color and the texture. It wasn't too sticky and left a nice berry color with sparkles on my lips. I didn't fin much of a scent to it though. It was so faint. The thing I really hated about it was the application. I had to use a lip brush to get it on my lips evenly. It would have been a great product if it had been in a wand applicator tub instead of a squeeze tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2005 10:09:00 PM More reviews by codyljeter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great flavors & sents. I love them. I do not have to worry about walking around looking like I have aluminum foiled lips!!!