October 22, 2014 | 1767 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lycra Lash Extender

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by creampufffishy77

This was my very first mascara and I loved it. It made my lashes really long and never smudged. Too bad I can't find this anywhere now....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by puredouceur

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have long and thin lashes, and about half what I had in my twenties (my lashes used to be my best feature)

Pros:
-Smell is fine
-Brush is very nice: I prefer these 'old school' bristles to the ones that look like plastic, which hurt my eyes when I use it close to the lash base. Plus this one has a lot of bristles: I find that in this case, less product is applied at once, which I prefer.
-Very natural look
-Good separation (for all mascaras, I wipe the brush on a tissue first and only one coat)
-The wand is not too long
-The brush is not too long for my small eyes
-The smell is nice and subtle
-The cap is cute and helps gripping the wand

Cons:
-It's so natural looking that behind glasses, it almost doesn't show up. I'd recommend this for week-end, errands, work if you prefer a quiet look.
-Poor volume, even if I use zig-zag moves during application. When I simply brushed my lashes, I couldn't see any difference at all. Please note that I only use one coat. It might be buildable, I'll try and report later.

Summary: Very nice natural-looking mascara, especially for the price. For an evening or falsies look, you'll have to use another mascara or use a volumizer mascara on top of this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lenthens well without being clumpy at all. Does not smudge or flake. Gives more of a natural non-dramatic look.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by HighbrowLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you don't wipe excess mascara off the wand it will leave lots of clumps and make you have tarantula lashes. Also, within 2 hours, it was all underneath my eyes. Did not work for me. :( Will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by RainbowBowser

This wasn't bad. It isn't anything special but I don't hate it. Lengthens without feeling stiff, probably good for natural looks, which is nice to have for a lazy day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by gguzman5185

I love trying out mascaras and this product just amazed me! I like mascaras that lengthen my lashes & this mascara did exactly that. It also separates my lashes & the formula is perfect because y lashes don't feel heavy, runny, or dry. It didn't flake & it's fine for sensible eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Somegirl414

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find this product to be a good, everyday mascara that gives a natural look. A reasonable buy for its price, it does what it says it will. It adds length and a slight bit of a curl.

I am not thoroughly impressed with the brush. I think somehow Rimmel could have come up with a slightly more innovative brush to help ease application of the product and give more of the curl it promises.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a lengthening mascara that gives a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by acamirand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i'm usually very picky about mascaras and i bought this one at the drugstore on the go cause i had lost mine....and i was surprised! what a great buy! plus it's so cheap i couldn't believe it. it gave me very similar results to very high end products. lenghtens, adds volume, separates, it's really and all-around mascara. i highly recommend!

+ it lasted me a long time ! other mascaras dry out very quickly in the container once you open them , but not this one :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by wendi710

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I switched to this from Lancome Defincils trying to save some money and it does not compare! I rather pay for the more expensive one for more length! lol thats all imma write for a friggin $5 tube of mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Mia_8030

I like mascaras that give length and not a ton of volume. I generally look for a mascara that is easy to apply, can be built (a coat or two and no spider lashes), and I like a formula that isn't really thick and clumpy.

I like the Lycra Lash Extender mascara becasue it meets all of my criteria and gives me long, fluttery lashes. It is easy to remove and tends not to flake or smear under regular conditions.

Sadly, due to ongoing allergies that cause watery eyes, I have stopped using Lycra Lash Extender in favor of a waterproof mascara. If my eyes return to "normal", I will certainly return to Rimmel.