October 25, 2014 | 1536 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Custom Eyes - Moondust

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color is a brown/taupe color with a bronze shimmer. The only problem is I am so dark it is hard to find perfect color but I really do like the contrast.

The shadow is very very soft and a lot of product gets wasted but I can't get mad because the product is so darn affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

I recently purchased a whole e.l.f. palate of eye shadows, not having tried them before but the inexpensive price made them worth the trial. I am pretty impressed. The colors are nice and stay throughout the day, even on my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This isn't a horrible color, but if you have the money, get something better. I feel like even Cover Girl colors are better than this shadow. I used it on my outer lid along with Woodwinked (MAC) with primer underneath and it didn't even last 2 hours. I de-potted my Jane Eye Zing in Rockstar which took this shadows place in my MAC palette. This, went in the trash. It's just not worth it. No staying powder, moderate pigmentation, and a tremendous amount of fall out. A no-go for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Mekkisry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I purchased this (along with the Custom Eyes compact) on a recent trip to Target, and I'm absolutely in love with it. It goes on smooth and even with a brush, and doesn't require multiple applications to build up the color. For a mere $1 the quality is outstanding, I really couldn't ask for anything more. I haven't purchased many E.L.F. products in the past, but that's definitely going to change now. Very impressed, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have approximately a zillion taupe eyeshadows (alright, perhaps I'm exaggerating *just* a bit) of varying prices and this is the one I reach for the most. I think that's because it's the most flattering on my cool toned skin. The staying power is great with a primer and I love the silver shimmer - it's pretty but not over-the-top. For me, this is a very versatile color; I like to wear it in the crease, just in the outer V, and/or as an all-over wash. Really great for a smokey eye or a neutral eye, depending on what you're going for. The only downside is that it's a little crumby, but that problem can be easily solved by tapping the excess. All-in-all it's a nifty product and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Simply beautiful!

One dollar ~ that's a riot in and of itself!!
Stunning cool taupe shade that seems to have just a smidge of purple to it ~ heavenly when used on green eyes
Wonderful pigmentation
Great lasting power ~ all day for me with foundation underneath
Zero creasing and fading but I think that might have something to do with my normal/dry skin because I never experience that with any of the shadows that I use.
Finish is right about at a satin ~ not matte but not quite as shimmery as let's say Wet n Wild shadows
No fallout at all if you use a sponge tip applicator which I do and I know most of you don't
These single shadows are sold in a pan like a refill so all you have to do is purchase the little white quad compact and pop it in. The compact is also a dollar and it comes with a huge mirror which is worth more than the dollar alone.

You can't go wrong with these shadows, you just can't!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

This is a lovely color! It's shimmery, but not glittery with very little fallout. It has great color payoff/pigmentation and with a primer has excellent staying power. I am impressed! It is a cool taupe color that really goes well with my light brown eyes. I paired this with wheat and navy for a really beautiful daytime smoky look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

This is a great purpley taupe. Its only $1 so that just makes it that much better, but the color is beautiful and pigmentation is great I apply this with a primer and it lasts my whole work day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

This is such a great product. I normally mix it with Mocha or Driftwood and it makes an absolutely gorgeous lid color. I used it on my roommate's pageant makeup and it looked absolutely stunning on stage. The shadow is a very nice size, and it is really soft and pigmented. These can definitely rival MAC shadows in size and pigmentation. If you are considering trying these, try one out. It's a dollar, you would put a dollar in a vending machine. It's totally worth it. Great, Great, Great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first time i bought this i swapped it away quickly, it just looked terrible with my burgundy hair. But now that my hair is back to its natural color (strawberry blonde/light auburn) i decided to give it another try since its only $1 and ive been on an elf kick lately. It looks much better on me this time around, glad i gave it a second chance.