MAC In Living Pink- Sundressing 2006

on 6/28/2006 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am disappointed in this one. It looked much more coral when I swiped it on my hand in the store at the MAC counter. I LIKE coral, so I snatched this up right away, being it is LE. However, on my eyes, it looks reddish-pink for some reason. I don't like the rabbit-eye look, so it turns out I probably don't have much use for this e/s~ as an eyeshadow, that is. But- I DID try it on the apples of my cheeks the other day... and it DOES make a nice blush color! So, I won't totally trash the rating on this. I would say it's "average," becuz at least if I use it as a blush it won't be a total waste of $$. I would definitely NOT repurchase, tho, LE or not.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

In Living Pink from the Sundressing 2006 collection.
Veluxe Pearl

I had been wearing Jest (light brown) a lot recently and then adding Sushi Flower (bright pink) to it. So when this shadow came out, I figured I would get it to save myself the extra step. I had read reviews and seen swatches on previous sites and figured it was a lighter version of Expensive Pink. I got it offline and when it came, I was shocked at how red it seemed. It looks more like Cranberry in the pot than Expensive Pink.

On though it is more of a mix between tan and pink, more orange than I'd like though. It wasn't what I expected nor as pretty as I like. But Veluxe Pearls generally are pretty easy to blend and smooth without too much shimmer, which this is. I like it with Juxt on the lid, Jest in the inner corner and In Living Pink at the crease as a nice combo. Or it's wearable alone for a lazy day and really makes my eyes look very green.