April 19, 2014 | 1870 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Silver Expressions Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

I have medium brown hair with a lot of red undertones. I hate having any warmth in my hair and constantly dye it an ash brown to cancel out the red. Purple shampoo helps calm down the brassy tones in my hair and I'm actually really impressed with this purple shampoo from Pantene. The best purple shampoo I've used is Joico's Color Endure Violet shampoo but it's super drying and doesn't feel like it actually cleanses my hair. Pantene's Silver Expressions shampoo feels like a normal shampoo and gets my hair clean without feeling super dried out or stripped. It also tones quite nicely. I definitely recommend this (and the matching conditioner!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've let my hair go gray. It's silver around my face to about a couple of inches back and the rest is a dark brown with silver mixed in. There were the remaining ends of some highlights (which I was told would ease the going gray process but didn't) left which made some of my ends yellow. I used this shampoo, left it in for the duration of my shower, rinsed, applied Frizz-Ease and dried. My silver is more brilliant and shiny and the yellow ends are practically gone. I love this stuff! The only thing is it seems to really strip and dry my hair. I hate using conditioner and usually use Frizz-Ease when my hair is soaking wet, and that smoothed it up and made it soft. My silver is bright and shiny and I'm rocking' the gray!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW! I am soo glad I bought this shampoo!

This is def. the best purple shampoo I have purchased.
I used to buy Shimmer Light's but this is no comparison.

The thing I don't like about shimmer lights is it can turn your hair grey very quickly...which nobody wants! ...well not me. and it did that.

The Pantene does not. It just does what it's supposed to do, is help tone down any bright yellow or orange tones, that's it! without turning your hair grey!! can you believe it? It really surprised me.

I honestly didn't have any high hopes for this shampoo because first of all Pantene is not my fave. brand of hair care..I heard they use a lot of crap/chemicals in their stuff..(I know..like who doesn't? but still) but I was a little desperate because other than Shimmer Light's which you can only get at Sally's...there's no other drugstore option..

Anywho, this shampoo smells really nice, kind of has a light floral-y scent, it's very dark purple, and you only need a dot sized amount because a little bit goes a very long way, that's good that you're not wasting any product/using too much.
Also, if you have very bright hair or very orange(I only had problems with brightness) and I used this shampoo but after I rinsed I noticed that it didn't tone down enough..that I wanted anyways, so what I did was leave this on my hair for a few good mins. washed it out and then I noticed beautiful results, it was my hair color but better! not greyer! I left this on for about 10+mins and...because I really had neon hair so I had to leave this on a little longer, and it worked beautifully! my hair looks natural and toned down. Great stuff! really!

Overall, I will def. repurchase this shampoo, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a purple shampoo to help tone down any bright yellow or orange tones in their hair. Def. give this a try! you will not be disappointed! =)

UPDATE: The only thing I noticed is this shampoo can strip your color fairly quickly, BUT a way to avoid that is don't put it so close to your roots, about an 1-2 inches from your roots, start applying it, and it really worked for me! and you are only supposed to use it once in a while not every time you wash your hair, so...I mean I think all shampoo's strip your hair color anyway..but just be careful with this one and don't use it so often..which you prob. won't need to because it gives really good results that last. =) I only use it 1-2 times every time I dye my hair(so about once a month) and it works, and that's all I need. Still love it! Will still re-purchase. Again, don't put it right on your scalp/roots, go 1-2 inches without touching your roots then you will have no problem with color stripping.
=) Hope this helped!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by danigirl1003

I just bought this exact product( the silver) and I have naturally dark brown with very few strands of lighter brown hair, and I'm worried that this might change my hair color or give me gray hair. Anyone have any answers to what this will do to my hair?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by hannahmmill3r

I found this very easy to find at Walmart actually. Pretty cheap. I found it for $4.00 actually.

I have been trying to bleach my hair and I have had a lot of brassy tones just stuck in my hair that would not come out. I'm trying to go for a silvery blonde so I can put some lavendar tones in it.

Well, I have to say, the shampoo and conditioner works like a charm to get rid of brassy tones. The ends of my hair that were super brassy colored, almost a light brown/orange, turned light blonde like the rest of my hair. It's also putting more lighter blonde tones in my hair which is awesome.

I like that this happens, most of you probably don't. It does leave some light lavendar or light light blue tones in your hair if you leave it in long enough. But it does make it a lot easier to transition hair colors.

Coming from black hair and trying to go ash blonde again, this does the trick.
Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works very well at removing the brassiness from color treated light brown to blonde hair. I have medium brown hair and lighten it to medium blonde. Although I use an ash hair color my hair still has a slight orange hue in the sunlight and it makes me nuts. Shampooing with this and conditioning with JF color correcting conditioner takes the "brass" tone away pretty much after one use. If you have this problem you might want to give this shampoo a try. It does not dry your hair and it costs about $6. at Walgreens, but it is kind of hard to find. I have a feeling that they might be discontinuing it :C

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by KristenT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to keep my highlights looking fresh and non-brassy. It works. This shampoo smells nice, doesn't dry out my processed hair, and rinses out well. I find I do need to use a conditioner afterward, but that's nothing new. Overall, a nice product that I will continue to purchase as long as I have highlights.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this hoping it would tame the brassiness of my highlighted hair. I suspect that my hair was already way too lightened/processed for this shampoo (and conditioner) to really make it noticeably less brassy. I really can't say I noticed a difference in the color. However, I will finish this bottle of product because it smells AWESOME and my hair feels very nice, clean and smooth. I doubt I will buy this again though because it was more than I like to spend on shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is highlighted and I need to keep it from getting brassy. This shampoo keeps the color from looking dull and moisturizes enough. Plus it smells good compared to the shimmer lights, which I still rotate with for the protein boost. This was a bit hard to find, but worth the trouble. My hair didn't feel weighed down or looked frizzy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by CharlotteAmalie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using this when I decided to let my hair go natural. It greatly reduced the reddish highlights left over from my coloring, and brought out the silver streaks nicely. I've switched to the volumizing Pantene products, but only because my hair seems to be silver enough on its own now. This is a nice product.