November 23, 2014 | 2023 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Organic Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by racheldee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love all Dr B products, the lotion is no exception.
I have peppermint and I love it for my hands/feet/chest, but I feel it's a bit too harsh for my face, so lavender coconut is on my wish list! I plan to use it at night after my tea tree soap. It absorbs wonderfully and leaves skin totally soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lotion (trial size) in lavender-coconut. Liked the scent (although it is more coconut-y and less lavender) and also how my skin became soft and nourished after using it.

One weird thing that I repeatedly saw after using this lotion is some bits and burs rubbing off my skin. If I continue rubbing, more bits get formed. It is some ingredient in the lotion causing these bits. I suspect the ethanol (grain alcohol?) thing. I had encountered this same issue after using the 365 (WholeFoods) brand lotion.

Using other lotions like Nature's Gate, Nivea, Burts Bees etc, I don't see this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by xdunlapx

I first tried the Peppermint lotion as I was trying to go with natural and organic body products. I have to say at first the smell of the lotion was great! But after using it after EVERY hand washing during the day and night, about half way through the bottle I really started to get annoyed with the peppermint fragrance. Sometimes to the point of slightly nauseating me. BUT I love the lotion! So I just bought the lavender-coconut version and am awaiting it's arrival. I have hope that the lavender-coconut will be very easy on my stomach. I also use this lotion on my face (very lightly) after I wash my face with my acne cleanser. It protects my face from dryness and it leaves my skin so so soft! I naturally have oily skin but this has NOT made my skin oilier. I'm very pleased. So for now I give Dr Bronner's lotions a 4/5. If I get the lavender lotion and prefer the smell of it I will try to come back and change this to 5/5.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this lotion in orange lavender for $10 on the Dr. Bronner's site. I'm normally not a fan for lavender scents but was intrigued by this combo and wanted to try it. The scent was this strong invigoratingly herbally smell it took a while to get used to but I've grown to like eventually,not my fave body lotion scent but it did just fine. This was a fairly thin consistency lotion in a thin 8oz. orange pump bottle. The pump made getting product out fairly easy and mess free, for the most part save for a few times lotion sprayed past my hand lol. This is a lightweight lotion that would probably be more suited for summer, I found it didn't keep me moisturized for long as I would of liked this winter. The ingredient list is nice, lots of pleasant natural ingredients to make you feel comfortable slathering onto your skin. Would I buy again? I'm not sure, I would probably like to keep branching out and trying other lotion products out there, I don't feel loyal to this kind atm.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by stillmarissa

I have this lotion in the "lavender coconut" scent. To achieve this scent it uses organic lavender oil and organic coconut oil. It's ingredients are as follows: "Water, Jojoba Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Ethanol (denatured w/ Organic Lavender Oil), Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Avocado Oil, Organic Rice Bran Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherals". I have never tried anything like this lotion, it is truly unique. I think this is because of the addition of ethanol (a grain alcohol) to the lotion largely made up of oils. This goes on like a lotion (appears like a lotion) but takes a little longer to soak in (kind of like an oil), leaving a healthy glow. However, unlike an oil, I am able to clothe immediately afterwards without fear of staining my clothes. Also, I find this lotion very refreshing and soothing, probably due to the ethanol denatured with lavender oil. I recommend this to anyone who is interested in trying something a little different than their average lotion; and to anyone who loves lavender, because the scent is right on. Enjoy! P.S.: I forgot to include the following statement (right off the bottle) for those concerned about the ethanol being too drying, "Organic grain alcohol (ethanol) is used as a natural preservative at a level that helps absorption without being drying". Like I said, I find it refreshing, but if you have very dry skin you might want to use a heavier oil or lotion on your driest spots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 10:28:00 AM More reviews by kak513

I got a sample of the Peppermint Lotion with my last online purchase, which by the way, is an excellent service. I was concerned since peppermint oil sometimes gives me a headache, and the oil can be irritating. However, the scent is true but muted, so I didn't tingle anywhere in the least (and I applied it all over) nor did it sting to breathe or irritate my sinuses. I could even still smell the bath oil I had used prior to applying through the scent. Plus, the texture is heavy in light oils, and though it takes a few minutes to soak in, my skin felt quenched and very soft to the touch. I will absolutely buy the full size of these lotions and recommend them to friends. This is a perfect summer wake-up scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by mineren

I picked up a few samples of this product from a natural foods store near where I live. I was curious to try it since I use the soaps. This lotion is HEAVY on the oils (jojoba, coconut, hemp, avocodo) so while it is lightweight, it can feel 'greasy' if too much is used. In fact, its feels more like a light emulsion rather than a lotion, so it does not dissipate easily. However, I have very dry hands and found that using just a pea-size amount is perfect - feels like your natural skin with moisture intact. Most glycerine based lotions are not enough and most creams are too heavy - this is somewhere in between. After a week of use after every hand washing at home and at work, my hands are definitely more moisturized and softer. I may be the odd one out on this product, but I really like it, will definitely repurchase.