October 24, 2014 | 1866 users online

Shampoo - Philosophy - Shear Splendor Anti-Aging Bio Peptide Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by phobos21

Shear splendor leaves my hair bouncy, shiny, and healthy. I recently went to a my hairdresser and she asked me what new thing was I doing with my hair. She commented that my hair was extremely healthy and in good condition. I had recently added the Shear Splendor duo and it has changed my hair. My only wish is that Philosophy would remove the sulfates and it would be the perfect shampoo. Also the bottle is very hard plastic. It has a tendency to crack if you squeeze it to hard.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Anichka2

This shampoo is Awesome as long as you use it with a Philosophy conditioner. My hair was damaged from henna and nothing helped. I used this shampoo and conditioner and my hair was no longer damaged after the first use and it always feels so soft and smooth now.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by poetrygroupie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

If it weren't for the wonders of the corresponding conditioner, I wouldn't buy this shampoo. It doesn't seem to moisturize my hair, and it doesn't lather AT ALL unless you rinse and repeat. The lemon-custard scent leaves something to be desired--it's not rich like many of the philosophy 3-in-1s. Overall, it's not worth the price of a drugstore brand, and it's expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by ctall119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo smells like CHEAP lemon pudding (I reminisced about summer camp as I washed my hair with this shampoo for the first time). The smell does not linger (thank goodness)...but I do not see any difference in hair quality after using. I will edit this review upon use after a couple of weeks...

Cost from drugstore.com was $22 a bottle (16oz, I believe).

My hair is brunette and is fine (although for being so fine, I have ALOT of it). I recently had a 1 process color put over my chunky blonde blonde blonde highlights for the winter. I purchased this shampoo in hopes of regaining the softness and natural shine of my virgin uncolored hair. We shall see what happens!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing this in conjuction with conditioner..it will become clear as I progress..

First,I have difficult hair..its fine.straight and I have a lt of it. Since it is fine,I have trouble finding a shampoo/conditioner that doesn't leave it flat..currently I am using Whole Foods shampoo and conditioner for dry/normal hair and I like it very much. the problem is since I can only use a light conditioner to avoid the flat look,my hair becomes a bit dry after a few shampoos..heres where the Philosophy stuff comes in...

I use this as a midweek moisturizing treatment for my hair/will probably up to 2x a week in winter..now my review..

This is not a high lathering shampoo-so get used to it. I shampoo twice/the first time I just massage the shamppo through/the second time I scrub,and get a pretty good lather. After thr rinse,my hair feels like a tangled mess-I put on quarter size blob of the conditioner and its like magic-I can comb this through my hair without a tug! I leave on a few minutes(I actually get out of the shower and brush my teeth and do a face scrub) and then comb it out under the shower..and my hair looks fabulous and not at all flat after drying..

I don't think I could use this everyday but I am loving it as a weekly or twice weekly treatment.I actually bought this,as I do with most things I use,due to the value,in the 32oz sizes from QVC..it will easily last me a year,and its like getting a bottle and a half free.

So,if this doesn't work for you on a daily basis,try it as a conditioning treatment-you may be surprised!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tracyccr

I have thick, coarse, color-treated hair and I love this shampoo and conditioner together. The smell is so clean. That said, I don't think I would use just the shampoo without the conditioner. It seems to strip your hair, but when you use the conditioner it adds it all back in. Love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Beyootiful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have shoulder length, color-treated, fine hair. It's rather dry on the ends and oily near the scalp.

Agreed with the posters who say this product doesn't lather. However, use a tiny bit (you won't get a lather) rinse and repeat - it will lather up nicely for you during the repeat.

Add the conditioner and get hair that is super shiny and super soft with minimal fly aways.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ingredients:

Well the US Philosophy website says:

"water (aqua), sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, lauryl betaine, glycol distearate, acrylates copolymer, soy amino acids, hydrolyzed soy protein, fragrance (parfum), steareth-4, methyl gluceth-20, phytantriol, polyquaternium-10, butylene glycol, ppg-26-buteth-26, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, apigenin, oleanolic acid, biotinoyl tripeptide-1, tocotrienol, panthenol, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, sodium hydroxide, tetrasodium edta, citric acid, sodium chloride, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone"

But the bottle I just received from QVC UK also has Citral and Limonene in it. I am allergic to Citral so cannot use.

The top kept popping open so not great for travelling or trying to send it back. I have sellotaped it down so it can make its way back with its little friend the Shear Splendour deep mask. Same problem ingredients included but not advised. Maybe its just the difference in the formulas in US and Europe?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this shampoo in a swap and I really like it! My hair is dry and damaged and tends to get tangled easily. This shampoo gently cleanses and detangles my hair. It rinses clean and leaves my hair feeling very soft. It doesn't have a lot of lather, so some people may not like the texture or consistency of the product. However, it works perfectly for me. Due to the price, I may not buy this shampoo on a regular basis. However, I would definitely buy it if it was in a value-priced kit.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I love the conditioner, but not the shampoo. It is way to drying, especially for color treated hair.