April 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Lips - Everyday Minerals - Countryside Lip Color

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 3:54:00 AM More reviews by 4321lauren

I love this color for lips!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2006 8:09:00 AM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

It is hard to buy makeup online since you aren't sure about the colors you see on your computer, but I took a chance on this color. I chose this one over the other Lip Colors because it had a darker tone to it and I thought it would work better for my olive/golden toned skin. It is a little bit darker looking once you get it, but it is a very pretty dark peachy-brown with some shimmer which I love! It's the first color I reach for when deciding on what to put on my lips about 80% of the time. I like to put it on my lips first dry and then add a second layer and blot that on a tissue, then add a clear lip gloss. Once you add the lip gloss, it turns a little more sheer but has good enough coverage. I've found I've liked this type of lip color better than traditional lipsticks and the "all day" lipsticks (Covergirl outlast, Revlon Colorstay) as it looks a little more natural. As far as the staying power, it does fairly well assuming you don't constantly lick your lips. I usually just have to reapply the gloss for extra moisture. I'd recommend this color for those that use EM in a Medium Beige or Medium Tan.

***This also works as a great eyeshadow! However, I think it will depend on your skin tone on how it looks on you. It turns a little browner on my eyelids but still looks sheer and natural.

I also think this color is similar to EM's Sparkle Bronzer but this is more on the peachy side. continued >>