NYX Doll Eye - Long Lash

(((SAFTEY RATING OF 6 ON SKIN DEEP))) Glycerine, Phenoxyethanol, Dipotassium, Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Water, Triethanolamine, Beeswax, PVP, Microcrystalline Wax, Polybutene, Proryl Paraben, Copemicia Cerifera (camauba) Wax, Magnesium Aluminum silicate, Polyvonyl Alchohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Methyl Paraben, Tocopheryl Acetate, CI77499, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate-Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am a mascara master...I ve tried LOTS..AND this one
..BOO BOO BOO!!!!!
I didn't like it at all. "Doll Eye??" It didn't do mu ch as far as volume goes for me..and it didn't do much as far as length, or even helping me style my lashes... I have naturally long, long lashes and I just need to style them or give em a bit of volume..this didn't do anything. At all!!! It was useless. So I gave it to my bestie...NOW SHE LOVED it... idk why But she thought it was great....sad because I like so many of NYX products too :-/

on 8/14/2015 11:29:00 AM

Really liked this because all mascaras smudge on my greasy eyelids and this one didn't. Added decent length. That being said it dried out faster than any mascara I've ever used and didn't do much of anything in the way of volume. Won't repurchase.

on 7/29/2015 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I like this mascara. I don't usually branch out with makeup bc I like to stick with cruelty free brands that are easily accessible, so I don't have a lot to compare this to, but it certainly does both lengthen and add volume to my lashes. I typically use elf's mineral mascara which adds very natural looking length, and I like that this mascara amps my eyelashes up just a little more than the elf one does but still manages to look pretty smooth and natural. my lashes never look clumpy or spidery with one coat of this stuff and that's all I can really ask for.

on 6/29/2015 5:26:00 PM

One of my most disappointing makeup purchases ever. Bought it based on good reviews even though it was about double the price of most drugstore mascaras. I think I paid about $16 CDN. From first swipe I thought it must be a dried out expired dud because it was honestly the driest mascara I ever used, that I can recall. Also the results I got from it were subpar....not much difference in length, and flaky even with only one coat. Considering I bought it brand new from the drugstore and it wasn't even on sale, and considering the other reviews Ive read about it being dry and flaky...Im going to go ahead and assume it was not expired and just a crap formula. There are sooooo many other mascaras that are a lot cheaper than this and perform much, much better. Next!

on 6/29/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is merely my opinion and I apologize to those of you looking to buy this mascara and wanting to hear good reviews but, this was just an awful mascara.
I normally love NYX products, and I've never tried any of their mascaras and PLUS I heard this was kind of a drugstore dupe for the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, so I wanted to try it because I was looking into spending a fortune for the Better Than Sex one.
The packaging is a sleek black, shiny, very classic, fancy and it felt like the catwoman of mascaras. It kind of made you feel sexy just owning the thing. The brush was a skinny hourglass and had actual bristles on it. Red flag. Bristles don't go down well for me.
When applying it, it was so dry. Now, I know some people like drier mascaras but this was DRY. It was so dry on me that when I applied it, FLAKES were coming off right off the bat. Not to mention the fiber lashes that come in the tube to add to the "long lash" effect it's supposed to give. The fibers fell into my eyes causing irritation and a bad mood for me.
So all in all, it just sat there all crispy and dry with flakes falling off my lashes like they were snow on Christmas. Well bah humbug to this mascara. I'd rather sell my soul for the Too Faced mascara than spend (oh get ready for this) $17.96 on this NYX one. Yes I know what you're thinking, the BTS one is $30 because it's high end. But spending over $15 for a drugstore mascara is stupid! What was I thinking?! Plus, I was reading reviews and if the Too Faced one has a WET FORMULA then heck yes that would work better for me. Wet formulas for me all the way.
Again, my apologies to those wanting to invest in such a product such as this NYX Doll Eyes mascara. I know it's not the review you want to hear but hey, mascaras are a personal thing and unfortunately this will never be a personal thing for me again. But I liked the catwoman-like tube, though.

on 5/25/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Great everyday mascara. It is not waterproof and it still does not smear all over which is great!
Very impressed with the performance and still washes off easily at the end of the day.
I really enjoy this mascara.
It lengthens well and lasts all day.
I do not have issues with smudging like I do with so many others. It is not even waterproof and it holds up to my oily skin and lasts until I take it off.
I have taken a nap in it and usually have no problems with this. Once in a while there will be the slightest mark that can easily be wiped off.
I do have to use a couple coats, 2for everyday natural, 2-3 for a more ready makeup look work etc, and 3-4 when I really want them to pop.

on 4/22/2015 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally found my mascara! Gives curl, length and volume. Not spidery (which I absolutely hate), not clumpy, no flaking. The brush gets all your lashes. I really can't think of a negative. Closest I can come is that if you want to do 2 coats you should do one eye at a time because it sets fairly quickly. Love it.

on 4/14/2015 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really didn't like this mascara. I decided to try it based on the reviews here in Pville. I'm totally unimpressed. I got it for $10 at target which is a little more than I like to pay for a drugstore mascara. It clumps and flakes. Super dry. It adds absolutely no length. The only plus is that it doesn't smudge throughout the day. There are so many better mascaras for a better value so I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this! It's great for a dramatic look and it lasts long with no flaking! Problem is that is clumps slightly and you'll need an eyelash curler.

on 3/4/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the best mascara I've ever used. I have thick and fairly long lashes, but they're pretty straight so I have to curl them every day. Most mascaras I've used somehow weigh my lashes down, but this one does a great job of fanning my lashes upward and out, and maintaining the curl all day! I paid about $9 which is on the mid-high price range of drugstore mascaras, but it's worth it. Will repurchase.