NYX Doll Eye - Long Lash

(((SAFTEY RATING OF 6 ON SKIN DEEP))) Glycerine, Phenoxyethanol, Dipotassium, Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Water, Triethanolamine, Beeswax, PVP, Microcrystalline Wax, Polybutene, Proryl Paraben, Copemicia Cerifera (camauba) Wax, Magnesium Aluminum silicate, Polyvonyl Alchohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Methyl Paraben, Tocopheryl Acetate, CI77499, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate-Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Tried this today for the first time and I was very happy with the results. It did exactly what it says, made my lashes look super long, curls nicely, and is a very intense black.
I know some ppl find it "dry", and I was surprised at how little product came out on the brush, BUT not much was needed to make an impact. I like my lashes to be separated and fanned out and this mascara did awesome.
I have used some very expensive mascaras in the past, but never again after using this.
The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 - yet, is because it seems like there is not a lot of product in the tube. I want to see how long it lasts then I will update.

Update***
This is what I would consider a "workable"mascara. If you only apply one coat you won't notice much,, you have to quickly apply a few coats, and wiggle the brush to build up the lashes until you are satisfied. I just haven't decided if it's worth spending that much time on my lashes in the morning!

This is my HG mascara. I'm a makeup artist and I use this one one every client. It's great with just one coat or can be layered for a more intense look. It's super black and gives great, lasting lift. I highly recommend at least giving it a try.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am a big fan of NYX in general but this mascara is one of my faves. Easy to apply, separates and defines lashes beautifully, and stays put. Never flakes or smudges even in hot and humid weather. It will not give much volume but lengthens beautifully. Has a nice natural look, but is versatile. Use a little for natural look, apply more for a flirty look.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like a number of NYX products but this was not one of them. I like mascara that easily adds quite a bit of product and really adds some drama. While this mascara may work for some with sparse lashes (mine are plentiful) or for those who want a more natural look? it may work. But it is not the mascara for me. It added very little to what i already have.
A plus was that it stayed put very well, even in the hot and humid weather. It did not flake or smear what so ever. But I also found it harder to remove than most non-waterproof mascaras.
I normally use L'Oreal Telescopic mascara for length and in comparison this one was horrible.

This is a pass for me. It was meh in terms of giving my lashes length and volume, but worst of all it flaked through the day. Plus, my regular cleanser which removes every other mascara I've worn, couldn't get this off and I ended up with nasty dark circles under my eyes. I wanted to like NYX mascaras because they're cruelty free, but I'll keep looking.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am a mascara master...I ve tried LOTS..AND this one
..BOO BOO BOO!!!!!
I didn't like it at all. "Doll Eye??" It didn't do mu ch as far as volume goes for me..and it didn't do much as far as length, or even helping me style my lashes... I have naturally long, long lashes and I just need to style them or give em a bit of volume..this didn't do anything. At all!!! It was useless. So I gave it to my bestie...NOW SHE LOVED it... idk why But she thought it was great....sad because I like so many of NYX products too :-/

Really liked this because all mascaras smudge on my greasy eyelids and this one didn't. Added decent length. That being said it dried out faster than any mascara I've ever used and didn't do much of anything in the way of volume. Won't repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I like this mascara. I don't usually branch out with makeup bc I like to stick with cruelty free brands that are easily accessible, so I don't have a lot to compare this to, but it certainly does both lengthen and add volume to my lashes. I typically use elf's mineral mascara which adds very natural looking length, and I like that this mascara amps my eyelashes up just a little more than the elf one does but still manages to look pretty smooth and natural. it can get a little clumpy but it does add a tremendous amount of length and volume. I'm on my third tube and would definitely recommend.

One of my most disappointing makeup purchases ever. Bought it based on good reviews even though it was about double the price of most drugstore mascaras. I think I paid about $16 CDN. From first swipe I thought it must be a dried out expired dud because it was honestly the driest mascara I ever used, that I can recall. Also the results I got from it were subpar....not much difference in length, and flaky even with only one coat. Considering I bought it brand new from the drugstore and it wasn't even on sale, and considering the other reviews Ive read about it being dry and flaky...Im going to go ahead and assume it was not expired and just a crap formula. There are sooooo many other mascaras that are a lot cheaper than this and perform much, much better. Next!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is merely my opinion and I apologize to those of you looking to buy this mascara and wanting to hear good reviews but, this was just an awful mascara.
I normally love NYX products, and I've never tried any of their mascaras and PLUS I heard this was kind of a drugstore dupe for the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, so I wanted to try it because I was looking into spending a fortune for the Better Than Sex one.
The packaging is a sleek black, shiny, very classic, fancy and it felt like the catwoman of mascaras. It kind of made you feel sexy just owning the thing. The brush was a skinny hourglass and had actual bristles on it. Red flag. Bristles don't go down well for me.
When applying it, it was so dry. Now, I know some people like drier mascaras but this was DRY. It was so dry on me that when I applied it, FLAKES were coming off right off the bat. Not to mention the fiber lashes that come in the tube to add to the "long lash" effect it's supposed to give. The fibers fell into my eyes causing irritation and a bad mood for me.
So all in all, it just sat there all crispy and dry with flakes falling off my lashes like they were snow on Christmas. Well bah humbug to this mascara. I'd rather sell my soul for the Too Faced mascara than spend (oh get ready for this) $17.96 on this NYX one. Yes I know what you're thinking, the BTS one is $30 because it's high end. But spending over $15 for a drugstore mascara is stupid! What was I thinking?! Plus, I was reading reviews and if the Too Faced one has a WET FORMULA then heck yes that would work better for me. Wet formulas for me all the way.
Again, my apologies to those wanting to invest in such a product such as this NYX Doll Eyes mascara. I know it's not the review you want to hear but hey, mascaras are a personal thing and unfortunately this will never be a personal thing for me again. But I liked the catwoman-like tube, though.

Popular Mascaras