August 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Mascara - NYX - Doll Eye - Long Lash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by bmcnally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I AM OBSESSED- OBSESSED, WITH THIS MASCARA. I read about it from some beauty blogger online and decided to give it a try. I love mascara, and trying out new kinds, anything from high end to low, I will give it a shot. I picked this up from Ulta and I am SO happy I did. The lengthening WORKS, the fibers are right there in the mascara, you can see them. No applying multiple coats, just work it onto your lashes. I dont even curl. The first time I wore it to work my coworker immediately asked me why my lashes were so long. I have told EVERYONE how much I LOVE this mascara and I think I finally found my 'go-to' this would be a hard mascara to beat from all angles. I LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by WormEatsBird

This is a really nice mascara, I have oily eyelids and have been in humid weather and rain while wearing this.

My main concern is smudging, which it does not do! It doesn't flake either, from what I've seen. It has a nice black pigment, and little "fibers" in it which don't irritate my eyes or fall into them.

It removes easily which I like so I won't be tugging at my eyes trying to remove it!! (I'm very impatient)

This is about $10 in total at ulta I believe? But they always have that $3.50 off coupon or whatever you can print.

It gives awesome length, I might repurchase or go crawling back to a high end mascara again. I'm not 100% sure yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For me this is just an average mascara. I bought it after reading all the positive reviews on MUA and feel somewhat disappointed. It does little for my lashes - definitely does not make them doll-like! It adds a bit of length and tint but not more than most lengthening mascaras. The brush is slightly awkward and I always get some of the product on my eyelids. Still, it does not flake, washes off easily, and is cruelty free. So I will use it up but will not buy again or recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by feemia99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite mascara. I have oily skin and my number one requirement in a mascara is that it doesn't melt from the oil and end up under my eyes. Doll Eye mascara meets this requirement. This is the only mascara that I've found that I can wear without putting a clear topcoat over it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I bought this mascara after reading a couple of pages of reviews on this site. The key words I liked in the reviews were "held a curl", "doesn't smudge", "doesn't flake", and "lasts all day". I'm now on my second tube of this mascara and have no regrets. This mascara does indeed hold a curl, lifts, thickens, and darkens my stubbornly straight Asian lashes. The formulation is not too thick or thin, has no detectable scent, and easily washes off during my usual cleansing routine. It retails for usually under $12 Cdn and is easily found at Save On Foods and London Drugs. My new HG mascara. Would re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Dee2014

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this seeing all the positive review and off course for 1/3 price of my HG Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes, so i thought, why not give it a try... However, it's a dissapointment. It doesn't deliver the 'oomph' that the name 'doll eyes' should be. It makes my eyelashes appear thin and droopy, and it doesn't get any better with second coat. Guess i'm back to my usual Lamcome

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by rainbeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my quest to find a cruelty-free mascara that rivals Clump Crusher, I decided to give this one a shot based on all the rave reviews.

This isn't an attack on NYX because I adore some of their other products, but this didn't work for me *at all*. In fact, it did absolutely nothing for my long/fairly thick, but blonde lashes. I don't know if I got an expired, dried-out tube or something but all that stuck to my lashes were a few little clumps. Layering also didn't work at all. I'm hoping it can be refunded otherwise it was a total waste of $11.

My search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is my top pick from NYX mascara and one of my favorite drug store mascara's overall. This made my eyelashes super long, fluttery, and just pretty. It reminded me of illegal length by maybelliene, I got my tube on sale for $4 and I was so happy, this will be repurchase for me anytime I see it go on sale, for sure. In my rotation of daily wear/buys.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by sase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Appearance: It comes in black plastic curved tube. It's not a big deal but I like the curving of the tube because it keeps it from rolling off my counter like my other mascaras would. The brush is a bit tricky to use near the corner of the eyes and underneath but not enought to keep me from buying it again.

Cost: It's a bit on the pricey side for a drugstore mascara. It's usually $9.99 at Ulta. I always stock up when they are running their 3.50 coupons and buy one get one half off to though.

Wearability: It is a fiber mascara so I have to be careful not to apply too much or it can get spidery looking. The formula also dries pretty quickly which I have a love/hate relationship. I have not experienced any smudging with this even through 1 hour Insanity workouts. Again if you apply too many coats you many experience some flaking but very rarely.

Overall thoughts: I keep coming back to this because of the non smudging and lengthing effects. It doesn't provide much in terms of volume so you may need to add another coat of volumizing mascara to help with that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara didn't blow me away at all. I found it a little dry until it got going and find the brush too big and clumpy and hard to get into the inner corners because of how fat the end is.

My lashes are fairly long anyway, this certainly didn't make them look anymore extended, I get that effect with Maybelline Colossal and Falsies but not this one.

It's a great price and even better that it's cruelty free, maybe I just got a dud but won't be repurchasing.