April 19, 2014 | 858 users online

Cleansers - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Aloe Vera Satin Soap for Hands and Face

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no true skin issues so I'm not sure how effective it would be if some did exist, but it gets the job done as far as cleaning the surface of the skin. I'd much rather use black soap for deep cleaning, but this is pretty good as a daily cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by nebulus

I got a trial size version of this from CVS on clearance for 10 cents. What a great deal! I bought it because it advertises "no Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates." I tried a few times and it does smooth and soften my skin after use. It's not harsh at all. The only down side is its smell. My bottle smelled like it's on the verge of rottenning (it's not expired), which makes it hard to tolerate.
EDIT: I did a research on the ingredient list and they listed sodium myreth sulfate as a main ingredient. SMS is structurally similar to SLS, they are cousins of each other. And yet "no SLS" is their tag line. I felt like they just cheated me with false advertising and dishonesty. Won't purchase again (even the 10cent ones).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by emem

My previous favorite hand soap was $5.99 for 250 ml, which is fairly pricey considering. This hand soap is $5.99 for 500 ml with a buy-2-get-1-free deal as well.

So far, I really like the aloe vera one (I think there is lavendar and tea tree versions). It's a bit aloe vera-y, which is not a scent that I particularly like, but since you wash it off anyway and it's not overpowering, it's no big deal. That plus the thought that aloe is good for skin and cuts makes up for the scent. I haven't tried this on my face yet, but I'm sure it'll make a decent face cleanser for a few days when I run out of my regular stuff.

UPDATE: The packaging isn't pretty enough to use it in my bathrooms and the soap itself is merely okay, nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by greatpph

I find this too harsh for my face and great for my hands. I prefer gentle cleansers on my face and this cleanser is not gentle, I felt the "soap" on my face.
Also, I really don't like the scent.
Will continue to use this as a hand soap, but not as face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 1:38:00 AM More reviews by sheepishgurl

i bought this product originally for my face, after using it for a while, i found it to be gentle but not very effective. instead i use it for my hands making them soft not having to use lotion... so i have to say this is a great handwash but its a pretty good face wash, but its just not the type a face wash for me ( i get breakouts,etc., i need something clean better)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sfbubbly

Dirt cheap (found it for $4.00), comes in a generous 16 ounce bottle, lathers well into a creamy foam with no lingereing residue, smells great... what more could you ask for? This is fabulous, gentle, and has not caused any allergic reactions or other problems for my sensitive skin. Ingredients:

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, Aloe Barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf gel*, Decyl Glucoside, vegetable glycerin, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) flower extract*, cocamide MEA, Spirulina Maxima, Glycol stearate, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), calendula officianlis (Marigold) extract, allantoin, panthenol (vitamin B), Salvia officinalis (sage) extract, NaPCA, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, citric acid, benzyl alcohol, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, natural color, fragrance oil blend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2006 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm placing this in the face cleansers category although it also functions as a hand soap (and I imagine it could be used on the body as well, though Jason makes a specific aloe vera shower wash). This is a great cleanser! It doesn't dry out the skin, and it works well for oily types. The scent is fresh and clean. I like the pump bottle. It's a good product that can be purchased at Whole Foods or Harris Teeter grocery stores.

As for the ongoing--and a bit tiresome IMO--SLS controversy, this product does not contain any. BUT it does contain sodium myreth sulfate (SLS's "cousin"), which I assume is no better or worse than SLS--it's simply better for marketing purposes to write "no SLS" on the bottle.