October 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Liquid - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer The Treatment Fluid Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by clasp

It's a good product when i travel to drier climates. Not good to use in humid weather.. It melts and i developed some white heads

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Gngu3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this product and was instantly smitten! It has a very light texture, breathable, and stays on all day. I purchased the full size at Nordstrom in color Linen. I am hispanic with golden undertones and this color was perfect. The only foundation that does not irritate my skin. I have gone through 4 different clinique foundations that left my face red and gave me dry patches on my cheeks :(
I would recommend to anyone with oily skin to use an oil absorbing moisturizer on the T zone before applying this foundation. All in all, very happy with my purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

I bought this together with the moisturizer and concealer but managed to get them with a 20% discount but still forked out over 400 euros. The moisturizer made me break out and the foundation too so the only one I can tolerate is the concealer. The foundation was a good color and I like the texture but it tends to break me out after 2 or 3 days so I can only wear it maybe once or twice a month under La prarie loose powder. I must be allergic to one of the ingrediants as I have tried many high end foundations and none of them have broken me out like La mer does. As the saying goes " A fool and his money are soon parted".

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

For some unknown reason, this foundation never really quite looks natural or skin-like. My husband who normally can't tell whether I'm wearing foundation, can always tell - and comments! - that I'm wearing La Mer foundation.

I think if you want to spend this kind of money you are sooo much better off taking a walk over to the Armani counter, for the Luminous Silk foundation which is beautiful and natural looking. It's almost embarrasing because la Mer's loose powder is a-m-a-z-i-n-g, looks so nice on but this foundation really isn't up to par. Even my bottle of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind looks more natural and undetectable when compared to this. And yes I did a comparison on different sides of my face.

Overall I think the pros of the La Mer foundation are:

- radiant finish, looks glow-y all day (whether that is good or bad depends on your skin type though)
- mildly hydrating, doesn't get too patchy over dry flaky areas

Cons:

- can look greasy, especially as the day goes on, even when set with powder
- price does not match quality ; better foundations can be found at drugstore or other high end brands that work much better
- never really looks natural or skin-like

My mother who is 60 also used this, and found it crept into her fine lines and even though this is sitting on her vanity, she reaches for Revlon Age defying each morning. I think that kind of says it all. Would not re-purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fluid foundation SPF15 in shade 03 Buff is my perfect color with a summer tan. Just got "Pantoned" today at Sephora, and I am 4Y07. This would work well with women with light to medium olive skin.** Strongly recommend getting Pantoned and mention your Pantone shade in your reviews BTW, to help the rest of us figure out if it would work for us.
Applies like a dream, very smooth, light to medium coverage, always natural looking. Does not oxidize ie change shade after a few hours. Does not cause my sensitive skin to break out, and I have been using it for a couple of weeks. Also have been using the Creme de la Mer gel cream because of the hot weather at the same time, and I think (so far) it has cut down on breakouts. It has not noticeably cut down on the redness of rosacea, but the foundation covers it well and still looks natural and skin-like.
So I am extremely happy with the sample I got and will probably buy the full size foundation which is dispensed in a bottle with a little pump outlet (more sanitary than digging in a pot with the fingers).
By the way, the 03 in the fluid foundation is noticeably lighter than the 03 in the (now discontinued) creme foundation, which for me is a plus.
UPDATE: I have been meticulous about sunscreen and wearing an SPF50 hat - check out the Squishees SPF 50 - so my skin is getting less sun exposure. Now I am a bit lighter in the fall, and wear it mixed 50:50 with the color 02 Creme and it is a perfect match. Am still happy about the texture, but in the summer heat need to mix it with a matifier in the T zone because it is slightly dewy (verging on shiny in the summer heat).
UPDATE: now it is the winter, and the new Pantone color match is 2Y07, still on the olive/yellow side, but lighter.
Interesting that the 02 fluid foundation, which looks so dark and bronze in the bottle, comes out much lighter, with a healthy pink tint when you apply it on the skin. I can wear it without problems despite being 2Y07 Pantone, although I will look around for other color samples. One thing I know is that 11 ivory is yellow toned but too dark for winter....
So instead, am using the (Ivory) fluid foundation which is the lightest tone mixed with the 02 fluid and getting a good color match.
For coverage of freckles, broken capillaries, see my review on the La Mer Crème foundation, which has better coverage for where you really need it. I don't think it is a good idea to camouflage the entire face, it has a very un-natural look, like kabuki makeup- it is better to mute the discolored areas only.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Evgeniya89

My favourite foundation for the winter- automn time, in summer my T-zone becomes a bit more oily, thus it doesn't stay as long as I would like. But anyway it is my favourite-must have. Even if I don't remove my foundation for night, my skin doesn't have any irritations or red spots, I absolutely love it for that, it never causes me any skin problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I finally caved and ordered a sample of the liquid foundation, hoping I'd hate it. I'm light to medium, Bobbi Brown Cool Beige for reference, and my skin tends to be an uncomfortable combination of oily, dry, sensitive and aging (ever so slightly!). The foundation sample shade is Natural, which I thought looked a bit dark in the bottle, and it is the liquid form (rather than the cream).

{{{{sigh}}}} I love it. It feels like I have nothing on (makeup-wise, of course). The formula is flawless, glided on without a hitch (for my first application, I used a sponge wedge), and didn't have the heavy, hard-to-distribute qualities I've read about in the reviews here. I won't be using a sponge to apply it going forward, since sponges tend to absorb and waste a lot of product but I have found that this is the best way to check shade and texture.

Like most of you, I've travelled the entire foundation spectrum, from drugstore to OMG-you-did-NOT-pay-that-much. This is a bit more than I'd like to spend for foundation, but what have I already spent for itchy, shiny, slick, pore-enlarging preparations? The scent is a little medicinal, a little sharp, but I didn't notice it except during application. As an aside, I didn't notice any flaking or settling while wearing this, but I prep my skin according to its nature and the weather, using Oil-Absorbing Lotion in the hot weather, or the LM Gel Cream when it's cooler. The only time I use Soft Cream or the original cream is at night--too heavy for my combination skin during daylight.

Color-wise, I have virtually no warm or cool tones to my skin; I'm nearly a straight neutral beige which only suggests the barest hint of warmth. The shade turned out quite well, as it goes--as close to invisible as I'm likely to see without custom-mixing my own.That said, most of the foundations I use tend to look far too yellow or pink on me, so I either look liver-diseased or feverish. The Natural shade still might be a smidge dark, but my face and my neck are several shades apart in color anyway. This color tones the ruddiness down enough so that it actually brings my face into closer compliance to the shade of my neck, which surprised me. Before I sock any serious dollars into a full-sized bottle, I will try another shade or two perhaps, but I WILL be purchasing this foundation.

If you're curious about this foundation, I do suggest getting your hands on a sample of it first. I suspect that this has been reformulated since the earlier reviews; I don't know about the creme formula, but there's nothing heavy about the liquid. If you're really smart, exchange shades with a few friends of different complexions and get it right before you buy it (unless, of course, you have retail access to it, which I do not at the moment). Trade all or part of your sample here for the shade you might want. It's a product worth taking the time to get right and, personally, I can't wait to get my hands on it. I've spent enough dollars and time on the "cheaper" solution.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is currently my HG foundation :)

Pros-
- Color match is good for me (Ivory)
- Light coverage
- Long lasting - I work the typical 9-5 M-F and hit the gym after work. I don't always remember to bring makeup removing cloths with me and keep my foundation on while working out (eep!). Once I get home I use a makeup removing cloth and there is still foundation on the cloth - even after cardio!
- Doesn't look cakey
- Looks glowy at first, but then seems to settle to a natural finish that doesn't look like foundation.
- Doesn't oxidize
- Smell is a bit bizarre, but I've actually grown to love it.
- Contains SPF
- Does NOT break me out :)

Cons
- Price
- Doesn't look horrid in photos, but doesn't look spectacular in them either. Maybe it's just me that looks bad lol!

I will repurchase. I love this as my every day foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really surprised that so many reviewers much younger than me love this foundation. I love it too, but to me it is a foundation for an older woman. It's very thick for a liquid as many reviewers have noted. But, I really don't have to work too hard to get a natural finish. I try to press out a very scant squirt and dot it on my face saving the most for my cheeks and chin, then press it in as recommended by the SA. After that I either use a foundation brush or my fingers to even out. I usually don't even need all of that tiny squirt, so this foundation is going to last quite awhile. After concealer (YSL Touche Eclat), I use the La Mer translucent powder too. The look is great. Very natural but with decent coverage. I would rather have freckles show through than go for too heavy coverage. I think the staying power is very good.

I had been using Chanel Lift Lumiere and was happy with it, but I wasn't happy that it contained parabens. I had read that a celebrity whose makeup usually looks great used La Mer and checked the ingredient list. I bought it based on the lack of parabens and how great it looked after the SA applied it.

I am a PPP with yellow undertones. Porcelaine (14) blends well into my skin. It's fairly neutral very light beige, neither too yellow or pink for me.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by TiaGia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe this is premature, as I've only been using this product for three days, but so far I LOVE it! I have extremely sensitive olive skin with rosacea on my nose, forehead, and cheeks. My moisturizer, which I'd been using successfully for months, started to backfire, giving me bumps and redness, so I decided to go to La Mer and try a new foundation too. I've been using Chantecaille FutureSkin in Sand for years and have been very happy with it but I guess I was bored with it, and wanted to see it La Mer lived up to the hype. I'm used to expensive foundations; Chantecaille is $65 a jar, but this La Mer is $85 a bottle, so it's definitely an investment. I am so thrilled to say that in combination with the La Mer Concentrate, which I bought on the same day, and this foundation on top, it is an absolutely FLAWLESS finish, the best I have seen since before my rosacea kicked in at age 27, and I have never seen my skin look better. I am using #4 Neutral, which is golden and yellow, without being heavy, dark, or streaky. The SA kept insisting I use a brush to apply it but I hate brushes (I think they leave a streaky finish and tug the skin) and prefer to apply with a sponge even if they say the sponge absorbs some of the product. The finished look is much better in my opinion. So I use my little wedge sponge from CVS and dab it on, patiently, sheer where I like it sheer and a little more where I need more coverage like over my redness. AMAZING. Truly amazing. I'm just hoping these results last because I have the experience that sometimes a great product will turn on you after a few months and it's back to square one. But if this foundations stays this way, I will be committed to it for life! I highly recommend it if you are like me, with very sensitive skin, rosacea that flares up with anything, if you live in a warm climate and want something that covers without caking on, and if you have a hard time matching colors to your skin. I found a great color match and so far this foundation is worth the hefty price tag. If you want to really splurge, get the La Mer Concetrate too (or convince the SA to give you a sample) as it miraculously cleared up all my little rosacea bumps literally overnight.