OPI Grand Central Carnation

4.4

on 1/26/2013 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I didn't buy this, but I'm going to. I saw it at the salon and chose it for a pedicure out of curiosity, since it's so expensive on ebay.

I looked after one coat and was AMAZED how pigmented it was. It's an unusual color-not really pink OR berry, but a kind of shimmery pinkish mauve. VERY flattering on me-it seems kind of neutral-not warm or cool-and not pink really, I can't wear pink.

The shimmer is hard to describe. It gives the color depth, but not sparkly at all. It's just a nice, slightly unusual color and PERFECT when I wanted something more neutral, but not TOO neutral.

on 4/18/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am such a sucker for pink and red nail polishes! But when i saw this online, i wasnt too excited, i thought that it was going to be sheer! But when i receieved it in a swap, i was so surprised that it wasnt! and I am so happy it isnt because its the perfect mix between red and pink! Its so feminine! Very pigmented! I love it! Definitely gonna be one of my favs! :)

on 3/30/2011 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OPI's Grand Central Carnation is a very warm-toned rosy medium berry pink polish with a subtle silver shimmer. My fair complexion with slight yellow undertones tends to give this polish a slightly peachy-rose tone which is not flattering to me. The silver shimmer shows up very well in the bottle but does not translate quite as well to the nails. Application was extremely good with total opacity at two coats - I could have probably gotten away with one if I'd used a thicker coat. Drying time was very quick and wear time was four days (which was when I took it off) with no chips or crazing. All in all, I don't find this color flattering on me and I don't really care for it so I will not be buying it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, so I didn't actually BUY this product, but I chose it the last time I got a pedicure.

It is a pinky-rose, with an emphasis on pink. Still, it's not in the cotton-candy pink or sugary-pink realm. A bit more sophisticated than that. It's not without sparkle, but the shine/sparkle is subtle. I enjoyed having it on my toes as a welcome alternative to mauve/deep-red tones, but I doubt I'll choose it again. At least it didn't stain my toenails!

The great thing about OPI... so many hues to try, so many different colors. And when it comes to toes, you can count on your pedicure looking awesome long after you get bored with whatever color you choose.

I'd say that Mauving to Manitoba and Silent Mauvie are colors I'd choose again over this one, but it was fun to try it!

on 10/10/2010 3:20:00 PM

I have used this color for several years and I really like it. However, OPI seems to have discontinued it. Can anyone tell me the name of a polish that is similar in color?

on 3/3/2010 11:49:00 PM

I tried this on my pinky nail in the store and it looked great. However, when I painted it on all of my nails, I didn't like it as much. I have fair skin with warm undertones that slightly clash with this cool deep pink shade. I only wear it when my nails are short because they would look too trashy otherwise. I don't hate this color and I do wear it, but I would not buy it again.

This is a deeper pink and less silvery version of A Rose At Dawn...Broke By Noon, which I HATE.

on 11/4/2009 1:59:00 PM

this is a really nice deep pink from opi, somewhere between barbie pink and magenta in color. it has a blue/purple shimmer to it, so the pink is not really as bright as it sounds. lovely color on my pale skin.

on 6/24/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A gorgeous shade, perfect for any season. I like it because it is a relatively "safe" color, but not at all boring. The shimmer is not too over-the-top, and the rosy shade compliments all sorts of skintones. I agree with a comment below that it would make a lovely lipgloss shade!

on 8/6/2008 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Find myself picking choosing this color often... it's classy.. conservative color.. not bold as red.. but not boring either.

Agree with the following MUA Reviewer Comments...

** “Gorgeous medium toned pinky rose with subtle shimmer” .. pmnixa **

** “This is a gem of a shade that everyone should have. Its a beautiful shimmery rose with just a hint of mauve to soften the color” … mel_c_home **

on 5/18/2008 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gorgeous medium toned pinky rose with subtle shimmer. Looks beautiful against my cool fair skin. Love the way the light hits it. A masterpiece from OPI. Definately one of my favorite polishes!

Popular Polishes