July 25, 2014 | 1111 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible product. I have no idea who this would work for.

This waxy balm is not a pleasure to try and work with. Firstly it claims to be a mattifying balm and I do think it is mattifying when you first apply it but it does nothing to control oil or shine throughout the day, which is what most people look for in a mattifying product. But trying to get this product on the skin in a challenge in and of itself. I find whenever I tried to spread this balm across my face it would ball up and fall off my face in little balls. Needless to say it made quite a mess! I tried to warm the product between my fingers before applying but this did nothing to change it. The only upside is if I was able to apply this, my skin would be really smooth.

I really regret buying this product and would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by TwinklePrincessBoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I too had a negative experience with Dr. Feelgood, I have extremely oily skin and this always *seemed* like a miracle product, when I saw that Sephora had a Trial size version I scooped it up and just could not make it work, I don't mind using a tin or using my clean hands but the product itself is pretty useless, so much that I can't imagine how it's been in production for so long, the included sponge is awful and is extremely linty.
It also requires a lot of product and doesn't spread out too evenly so the value is not good at all, it is overpriced.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

I use this rarely because the packaging is inconvenient, I prefer to use a tube packaging product, if in a jar, I hope it is easy to open, as to this one, hard to open.. And every time I need to use a sponge. The effect is not noticeable with/without this. Won't purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by PinkMan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a trial size of this product from Sephora. It's a total disappointment and waste of money. It made my skin felt sheave and sticky instead of matte. It couldn't control the oil on my face at all. I threw the product away after using it for 5 days.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never used this product myself, but I am writing this review based on seeing it on other people. Being that there is only one shade I feel that this is fair. Plus this should be useful...an outside opinion.

I would say this is a gimmicky product, because in high school this stuff went around and a bunch of girls were using this stuff. I remember seeing my friends apply it, and change a perfectly normal face into a weird waxy, cakey, gross looking dirty face. The reviewer who said it makes dust and other things catch to it was also right on the money, because I remember seeing that happen to my girlfriends. Sounds pretty awful right?? I mean, from what I've seen, it really looked awful.

Of course I am a wondering if they could've been using it wrong?? It does seem kind of intruiging, I think it'd be something I'd want to sample my own way in the future...although I've also swatched this at the store and thought "yuck." I donno though, the "blurring" claim is very seductive!

Overall, I'd give this one star, but I'll go with 2 since I haven't put it on myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Barbara18

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this as a gift from my daughter, who knew I would love the retro styled packaging.

At first I didn't know what it was for, and what to do with it, so I had a look through everyone else's reviews. Dr Feelgood seems to be a bit of a Marmite makeup product. Lots of people dislike it, with varying degrees of intensity, then there are those who love it. Once I worked out that it was probably best to blot some of the balm on to the sponge then pat on to my made-up face, I've been using on an everyday basis. I can now confirm I'm in the "love it" camp.

I use it over my make up in the morning, and it takes the powdery look away. It also seems to blur out imperfections, and I prefer this over the specialist blur cream (which I found was a bit drying). If I remember to pop it into my handbag, it is useful for blotting out any shine which develops over the day.

I don't see any particular hygiene problem - my hands are clean when I apply, and the sponge can be washed regularly.

Out of interest, I've tried it with no makeup on, and it definitely evens out blotchiness, and improves the appearance of my bare skin. This is, however, academic, as I never go out without a foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturiser of some sort. If I were ever to be forced to do without makeup, Dr Feelgood would be an absolute necessity.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Dr. Feelgood about 15 years ago. It was one of my first purchases from a high end makeup line after I got a "real" job so that alone makes it memorable to me. It's also so terrible, bordering on useless, that it's still memorable to me all these years later. I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but bad beauty product memories stay for life.

All these years later, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what this product is actually suppose to do. It's a clearish, non-greasy balm that comes in an irritating tin that is impossible to open and has sharp edges around the lid. It comes with a circular sponge that immediately attracts and holds on to every piece of fuzz, dirt or substance that it may come into contact with. You can actually feel the bacteria and other cooties on the sponge. The balm itself is supposedly some kind of miracle product that "finishes" you skin. Blurs lines, diminishes large pores and all that jive. All I remember this doing is feeling gross on my face, leaving a fine film on it and breaking me out. In retrospect, this is probably not a product for people with dry skin. It may work wonders on people who have very oily skin and need to blot throughout the day but this did nothing for me except make me look worse.

Even though I bought this many moons ago, I hung on to it for quite a long time. I tried making it work on and off for years but never could get the hang of it and never got used to the icky, filmy feeling. In a way, this product was prophetic of all the Benefit products I tried - they seem great in theory but like Lemon-Aid, BeneTint, BeneTint Balm, BadGal, and You Rebel, they just don't translate in reality. In fact, every time I see a new Benefit product that I think I might like, a memory of Dr. Feelgood comes flying back and I move on.

That said, this obviously works for some people out there as it's still a part of Benefit's line and I've read glowing reviews on Sephora but this was a bad choice for me.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a terrible product that needs to be discontinued from BeneFit. It has no purpose, but to make our skin look and feel terrible, plus the container is poorly made. It's gimmicky! I don't trust makeup or skincare products that are put in pots or jars because they lose their freshness very quickly and it's unsanitary. I have used this product in the past when I first started getting serious with makeup (2000) I had no idea what a primer was. I saw this in a magazine and I had to have it! Boy, was I wrong! When I used it a few times, I woke up with these ugly, cyst-like pimples. I thought this was supposed to control my oiliness and leave my foundation looking flawless, but it did nothing but give me the most unnatural look I've even seen! My foundation was so cakey and ugly. I will NEVER, EVER buy this product again!! Please be aware of this product. It serves no purpose. Just look at the reviews! The only product I recommend is their Porefessional primer. It's a good product, but there's other primers that are better. So, please don't purchase this blindly like I did. The reason why I bought this was the cute picture. I was young and naive...LOL

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was attracted to the beautiful vintage pot. That is the only real good thing I have to say about this product.

The lid is difficult to get off, the sponge is too large, and the product pills terribly. It is very waxy in consistency, and when I try to scoop some out, I either get too much or too little product.

As a result, it sits on my vanity and looks pretty. I will not be repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by annacats

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this product smells good and leaves your skin feeling smooth and silky, I see no difference in the way my skin looks. In fact, once I put it on, 10-15 minutes later I notice that my t zone is back to being oily. Would not reccomend this product.