Giorgio Armani ArmaniSilk 10

4.6

I purchased this lippie on the Armani web site which, sadly, was in the "going, going, gone" section! It looked to be a red, or perhaps a pinky red, labeled cranberry 10 so grabbed it up for a good price.

This Armanisilk looks bright red cherry in the tube, but on my lips, is the most beautiiful bright pinky red leaning more on the pinky side. I even hydrated my lips, and placed concealer on them to create a nice blank canvas, and also to fill in my "mature" lines on lips. It lasted for about 3 hours, does not last through lunch, unfortunately. However, the lippie didn't dry out my lips, and definitely feels moisturizing. I love the color. But perhaps the staying power didn't meet the standards of Armani, so they discontinued it. The color completely brightens your face and is incredibly beautiful.

on 9/20/2011 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My HG lipstick for black tie, holiday or special event. The texture is silky and melts into the lips and stays for hours w/o drying. Manages to be creamy without feeling overly slick or greasy. Actually has a bit of a stain to it. This is a knock out bright red. Not for the timid.Makes blue eyes really pop. A lip liner is a must w/ this for a perfect application. Lips must be in perfect condition so I exfoliate w/ super fine sugar& almond oil before application.

on 2/24/2011 3:26:00 PM

In the tube this looks to be a true red. Unfortunately, it morphs into a loud pinkish red on my pigmented lips. Great quality, smooth application, and leaves an even stain on lips. I wouldn't buy this again because this shade doesn't work for me. I won't downgrade a product because the color isn't right for me or if the product is expensive. Come on, you know what the product costs when you buy it. All in all, an excellent l/s.

on 6/8/2008 2:05:00 PM

Got this & #7 as testers when I've purchased LSF from my Armani counter. The quality is outstanding, like it's the case with most GA cosmetics.
I had a shock when I've opened it, I can never wear anything this bright, I'm a big fan of pink and nude lipgloss.
The irony is that it suits me and it really brightens my face and my teeth, I just wish I had to courage to wear shades like this - I might save it for a special night out.

Pic:

continued >>

on 6/22/2006 9:15:00 PM

Oh boy this is my red. It's a bright cherry red creme, definitely a cool tone blue based red. Instantly brightens up my Stila 30 watts, Chanel Beige, Armani LSF 5.5 face and my teeth. The formula is creme, no shimmer or sparkles. Applies drier than the Manias but they are not as drying as the Shine formulas. The lasting power is fantastic, way better than the Sheer, Shine, and Mania formulas. And I get an even stain as this lipstick fades. Swipe it on for intense color payoff or just blot it on, either look is beautiful. I will definitely repurchase when I'm out. Please Giorgio, do not discontinue this red!

Popular Lipsticks