L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use the voluminous, waterproof in black noir and it's my go to mascara. I have all the expensive ones and ALWAYS come back to this work horse! I will say I've bought tubes that weren't consistant, old etc. That however isn't the brands fault, it's the store for stocking old product as I've never had it flake. I have super long eyelashes and it makes them extra long and so dark, really pretty. People comment a lot on what I use and they're always surprised it's drug store mascara. Who cares if it works.

Doesn't give my lashes very much length or volume. It actually gives me panda eyes towards the end of my workday, which is one reason I will never use it again. For comparison, my favorite drugstore mascara is Jordana Best Lash Extreme, which gives length, volume, and has great lasting power. Unfortunately, it's not available at my local drugstore, so I was trying to find an alternative.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was just a "meh" mascara. I am Asian, but I don't have the typical stubby lashes. I do have pretty good length, but barely any lashes. This mascara just didn't give me the results I wanted. The wand was weird to me and it just got the product all over my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This mascara is one of my favorites and probably one of my favorite drugstore products. I have used it on and off for many years and it always gives me fantastic results. It is comparable to higher end mascaras (particularly, YSL Faux Cils or Diorshow) but for a cheaper price tag. The formula is thick and dark and I find that I am able to really build my lashes to look ultra full and feathery. The formula also doesn't flake and lasts all day. It is also super versatile. I can create crazy long, spidery lashes or clean natural fluttery lashes all with this mascara. It really depends on application.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wanted to try something different like this because I saw all the awesome reviews, but within an hour of applying how I usually do (about 2 coats) it was crumbling onto my face! :( Sad it didn't work out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I started out with the original Voluminous, and while I loved the formula, the color just wasn't dark enough for me. Carbon Black was everything I wanted the original to be! I have long, thick lashes that won't hold a curl. It doesn't really do anything for my curl, but I don't expect anything to at this point. It makes my lashes thicker, longer, and super black. It doesn't flake, which I appreciate for my sensitive eyes. It can smudge on me after a really long day, but I can't completely blame it for not lasting 12+ hours every day. That's the only thing keeping me from giving it 5 stars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am now on my fourth tube of this mascara because that's how great it is! I have the typical "asian eyelashes" They are flat and not very long, but with this mascara it actually makes it look like I have nice thick lashes, this is also a mascara you can add layers to if you wanted to. I have used this with and without an eyelash curler and it works amazingly when you use one or not. I have yet to find a mascara that can compare to this.

One of my favorites! Gives a ton of volume and length, and barely clumps at all.

This is my holy grail mascara. Its super black it makes my wimpy eyelashes soo pretty. The brush is awesome, all in all I just love this mascara no complaints whatsoever!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm on my first tube of this mascara, and I'm living it! I'm usually a Maybelline mascara gal, but a friend recommended this to me. I'm glad I made the change. I have long lashes, but they're pretty light (especially at the tips) so I need mascara to make them stand out. This mascara makes my lashes look sooooo long and thick! It gets a little flaky by the end of the day, but I'm ok with that.

Popular Mascaras