January 31, 2015 | 1005 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 7:44:00 PM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best mascara ever. I've bought this countless times.

At first this mascara is too wet. It gets better as it dries after a couple of days to a week. Then it's perfection. BLACK it is. Holds a curl just fine with my lashes. I just love how intense the color is. I like thick and black lashes and this gives me exactly that.

A lot of mascaras bother my eyes, but this did not. Even after working all day, coming home and taking a nap and rubbing my eyes.

Nothing fancy about the bottle or the brush. Just your basic mascara wand.

I have very very few HG products, but this is one of the few.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 10:06:00 AM More reviews by victoria0621

Best mascara for the price. I've tried many mascaras and this is the best for me. My lashes look so thick, and almost false with this on . It doesn't flake or smudge on my top lashes. It starts wet , then it dries and lasts all day and night. Its very comfortable and doesn't sting my eyes. Pigmentation and the amount of product in the tube is perfect. I can use it for months without it drying in the tube, however I wouldn't recommend past three months in terms of bacteria buildup that happens with any and every mascara. All in all 10 out of 10

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 1:31:00 AM More reviews by SilvaEgle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My one true love in high school!! Thickens, separates, lengthens and darkens! I love this mascara but I have moved onto better!!! >:) Same brand, but Loreal Telescopic in Carbon Black with the comb brush is where it's at! That's my HG mascara, but I will always be happy to use this in a pinch. It's very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Aminsat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My all-time fave mascara!

L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black gives me exactly the lashes I want. Just perfectly PRETTY lashes! It's ultra dark, it's lush, it's flirty. I have tested tons of mascaras over the years and this remains my standard. It's just the right amount of drama for me. Great length, wonderful volume, nicely curled. Delicious! I will (and have) bought this over and over again.

That's not to say there aren't others I love. I've tried Dior, TooFaced, Benefit, YSL, Tarte, CoverGirl, MAC, Guerlain and so many others. Frankly, I don't think mascara is something where high end necessarily performs better and since it only lasts 3 months if it sucks, it really sucks. I love Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume for high drama, it's unbelievably cheap. TooFaced Better Than Sex is a really flirty albeit spidery mascara. YSL Faux Cils would be so good if it didn't flake like crazy and pull my curl down. L'Oreal Telescopic is good for length and bottom lashes.

And DiorShow? Well, for me, it was an exact dupe of this - I had new tubes of both the DiorShow and Carbon Black and for a whole WEEK wore one on each eye and I could not tell the difference - at all. The CB brush looks like someone took a shrinkray to DiorShow one. It's funny because the saleslady recommended DS to me and when I told her I use CB, she said it used to be the gold standard but new mascaras have far improved and outperformed it. Maybe it's just the state of my lashes that I cannot detect a difference?

I've noticed it takes about a week before it really delivers since the formula is wet and you should wiggle a little. I highly recommend you try this once in your life :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2015 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for Voluminous Carbon Black in Waterproof since I have short stick-straight lashes. I only apply at base of lash then swipe towards ends once to avoid clumpy, spidery look. Two coats look natural but noticeably darker. Gives me smoky eye look without all the application work. Since it is winter, I use argan oil on under eye and lately, I notice that I have raccoon-eye smudge even if I powder after concealer. Will try with regular eye cream rather than argan oil.

Pros: noticeably darkens my lashes, stays on for hours, beautiful thick lashes without clumps, holds curl, thick-bristle brush is perfect for the way I apply mascara, gives me smoky eye look

Cons: smudges under eye (like I misused a khol pencil), no clumps even though formula is thick (I wipe off excess before applying), thick rather than wet formula so may need comb, needs two passes with creamy or oily eye makeup remover

Gave three lippies for dark, sexy lashes with curl. Would be higher if it didn't smudge. Won't repurchase Carbon Black in winter (argan oil = raccoon eyes) but will try regular Voluminous waterproof in Black.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Corrina618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive tried all kinds of mascara and i always come back to this. I may have a few different kinds at once but this ones always there. Number one

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by RNmellydoll

The formula is both thick and wet, if that makes any sense. When you pull the brush out, it's laden with product and if applied without scraping off the excess just globs down your lashes. If the product is scraped off the brush before applying, it does darken the lashes but is completely subpar in adding volume or curl to your lashes. Overall, not happy or impressed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by daisyverma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara is my go to product.

The trick I find to using this mascara is to always wipe the excess off when using it. I lightly blot it with a tissue and then I apply.

Also when applying the mascara, start at the base of the last, and apply in a "wiggle" direction, then coat the rest of the lash.

This is one of those mascaras where "less is more" i.e dont apply three coats of it as it will look spidery...unless that is the look you are going for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This! This is one of my absolute favorites and it's the less expensive mascara L'Oréal carries!!! It lenghtens, volumizes, is super black... I adore this. The brush is nice as well. For me, it does not smudge or clump. During the first times of using, the formula is wet and then it dries but for me, I found both ''stages'' of formula to be really amazing! You got to try it for yourself!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is what I wanted the Clump Crusher to be. It'll gives me thickness and length in the blackest black color I've ever seen on my eyelashes. I bought mine at Target which was a great deal. As long as you remove the gunk from the wand every week and apply the second coat within a minute from the initial application, you will not see any clumps on the lashes. This saved me money because I was very close to going back to high end mascaras until I found this.