August 30, 2014 | 1743 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Apblank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really amazing! It is the blackest mascara I've ever used. It's a little bit on the pricier side, but it's better than paying $20 for mascara at Sephora. I usually do about one coat, let it sit for 1 minute, and then apply one more coat. And I don't curl my lashes before because the volume this mascara gives alone doesn't really need a lash curler. If you're looking for a new mascara, go get this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is most definitely one of my favorite mascaras. I tend to alternate between mascaras depending what's on sale so I have several favs. Even though it's advertised more as for volume, it also gives you great length as well. And it's very, very black, so that always helps too, especially for me-my lashes are dark as it is, so I like that this is the blackest black I can get! It doesn't clump, & stays on throughout the day. The reason I'm giving it 4 though rather than 5 is because I would say it has to be replaced a little more frequently than other mascaras. It isn't the 'wettest' formula, & the brush can get sort of mangy after awhile. But it isn't to the point where it's that much of a difference in how long it lasts as opposed to other mascaras, so that's why that hasn't stopped me from buying it over & over again. Like with most cosmetics, it's the cheapest at Target, but it's significantly cheaper than the drugstore, so that's the best place I've found to get it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I wanted to like this because of the reviews but I was not fond of this in any way.
I found it to be quite boring. It was dry and did nothing for my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Giggles13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this mascara what else can I say it definitely volumizes your lashes gives you a little but of length but it volumizes more which is good cause my lashes are a bit thin :) and the best part of this mascara is if you get the telescopic omigod they are the perfect duo you have to apply this one first then telescopic to get amazing full dark long lashes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by MysteriousMagicalMUAer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is 1 of my 3 favorite mascaras. It's very volumizing & very black which are the 2 things I want in a mascara. It does smudge on me, but every single mascara I've tried smudges on me, other than that, it's great!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ive heard great things but this mascara just didnt work for me :/
i have normal length lashes but theyre really thin and asian haha
i hoped this would be a natural every day mascara but its just way to thick and wet!
it got all over my eyes and didnt hold a curl
maybe i should leave it a while to let it dry

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is one of my favourite drugstore mascaras and available pretty much any where for a reasonable price. Its is a very deep black and separates the lashes perfectly. I am currently hooked on Jordana's mascara which is only available in the states, so if I am unable to get it, L'Oreal's Voluminous is my plan B.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to mascara. It's slightly pricey for a drug store mascara, but you can't beat the price when you compare it to fancy department store ones.

First - colour - the carbon black is truly that - very pigmented.

Second - volume/ length/ curl. Just for some context - My lashes are naturally very curly, longish, but fine. So I generally need a traditional brush, as opposed to a plastic brush, to build fiber and grip the lashes.

This builds volume and length, which is what I look for in a mascara. What I like best is that it's buildable - it doesn't dry or harden the lashes so you can easily apply multiple coats and even touch it up later in the day.

It doesn't give quite the length of some others (e.g. Dior /YSL mascaras) but overall it is what I use and stock up on whenever it goes on sale.

I used to be very loyal to L'Oreal's Double Extend, but I switched to this as it was cheaper, and honestly can't tell the difrerence between the formulas and brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by LorettaBellxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HOLY GRAIL. This mascara is amazing!!! The best pigment, I get amazing volume with it. TRY it! I will ALWAYS repurchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Penguin789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first mascara I ever used, and it does a little bit of everything. It gives volume, but more length. It is pretty black, though. This has a normal looking brush that is easy to use. Overall, this is a pretty basic mascara..it is good but not great. I do like this but probably won't repurchase because I get bored of this mascara really easily. CONS: This tends to get clumpy after a month, but I have found that removing the excess mascara on the wand with a tissue helps a lot! the mascara is almost as good as new. This is also harder to remove than maybelline mascara. You need makeup remover. Maybelline colossal removes with warm water.