April 17, 2014 | 1699 users online

Conditioner - Wen by Chaz Dean - Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by unravelingx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

For the past 6 months, I've been struggling with limp hair at my roots. I figured the problem may be with harsh shampoos drying out my growing hair at the roots, so I figured Wen would be a good solution. No harsh cleansers, just a cleansing conditioner. I picked tea tree due to these needs. However, I've noticed my problem has gotten worse over the past month, and Wen has been the only thing I have changed about my lifestyle in the past month. It does make my hair quite soft though, which is why I have it 2 lippies. Back to traditional shampoos/conditioners, I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by curtmarh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the consign conditioners for cleaning and conditioning my hair but this doesn't really do anything for my dandruff. Also, my scalp is still a little itchy after words. The old fall scent, pumpkin spice, seemed to work the best for my scalp (it's still wasn't great) but that's been discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using wen off and on for a year and a half. I started with the summer mango coconut and got the tea tree a little later. My hair is mid back, baby fine, average to thin, naturally dark blonde with some highlights I am growing out. My hair is pin straight. Wen makes my hair look fuller (which may be due to how I style it with wen, discussed later) more shiny(my hair is naturally shiny, but even more so with wen), and my hair feels amazing. -------------------------------------------------------------I always love the way my hair looks and feels with wen, but because it is expensive I always try to revert back to my other shampoos and conditioners. Then I wonder why does my hair look like crap? And I start using my wen again. Why am I willing to spend so much on stuff to make my hair pretty? Frankly, because my hair is the only part of me that makes me feminine. And this expensive stuff makes me feel as pretty as I can. ------------------------------------------------------------ How I use it: 8 pumps from 32 oz bottle between hands massage into fully rinsed hair. Add a good splash of water then massage through, comb through, and clip up. End of shower I rinse thoroughly with cool leaning cold water. I add a half a pump of the summer mango coconut as a leave in to my soaking wet hair. ------------------------------------------------------ How I style: twist soaking wet hair into towel, leave for about twenty minutes while I go about my routine. I then comb and do a half length twist to put my hair into a loose bun (too hard to explain what I do, pm me if you really want to know) which I try to leave up for around 16 hours. After it's totally dry I take it down and fluff my soft silky hair with my fingers. Voila! Big loose voluminous waves that are touchable and beautiful and last about six hours. After six hours it's more loose waves, less volume, which for my hair is amazing. And no heat, no pin curls, no hairspray, no time, and no skill needed! ------------------------------------------------------------- This, like female Republican politicians, is a highly polarizing product, but I think I can make a generalization about who will like it. For straight to slight wavy girls, if you don't put a lot of product in your hair and are relatively low maintenance for your hair, you are more likely to enjoy wen. If you blow dry, curl, use mousse, gel, and creams in your hair, you are more likely to not enjoy wen. I make this generalization from my own experience and reading hundreds of reviews on this site, qvc forums, and various other forums. ------------------------------------------------------------ If you are interested in trying wen, order from qvc and you can get free returns because of their holiday season promotion. I have only ordered from qvc, never from the infomercial so I can't speak to that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by lucya25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love most of the WEN products! I just finished with the Tea Tree Oil cleanser. My hair is color treated, very straight, does not hold a curl, shoulder length. My hair is in very good condition being that I have been using WEN for more than two years. My teen daughter and teen son use these products and benefit by having very healthy looking hair and scalp. The reason I am not fond of this Tea Tree Oil product is that , I feel, it made my hair limp. Maybe I should have checked the site first. The great thing is after using it, my scalp tingled and felt super clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Misspoiltes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is much more than amazing. It transformed my dull, long, thin and fine hair into a full luscious soft head of hair, within one wash. I use a mix of the pomegranate and tea tree cleansing conditioners (because of my hair description), and I love it. But the tea tree one stands out the absolute most because I can really feel it working. It cools my dry, irritated scalp, and reduced the itchiness the day after, like magic! It feels like Icy-hot, but just the icy part, and completely soothes my scalp. I used to have scalp issues, I tried head & shoulders and even Clarifying shampoos but with Wen it's gone! I recommend this to anyone who needs major hair rescuing in any way!! This product is sure to help you if you follow instructions! THANK YOU WEN, My hair is brand new again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by RMulieri

Wen tea tree has become my wen cleansing conditioner of choice..I have fine, thin ,color treated hair .It leaves my hair clean, shiny and no buildup.Also no more scalp flakes or itchiness.My hair also grows FASTER with it.It has a very medicinal ,potent smell that was off-putting at first, but now I barely notice it and it doesn't linger in the hair.I use it along with the remoist once a week and the oil 2-3x a week.My hair and scalp have never looked better or been healthier

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by MiaBella0517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, of you're going to buy Wen DO NOT buy Tea tree!!! I hate to say it's the worse smell ever! And if you are going to buy Wen, we are all smart enough to know that we buy it in 32oz bottles off QVC with no commitment unless you want auto delivery from them. But you want to decide which formula works best for your hair & in my case I use 2. And you do have to play around with the # of pumps etc...for a month before you get it perfect but you will

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by star0067

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very disappointed with this product, It left hair very greasy, When you buy product online you are making a contact to get a constant supply every two months, they automatically charge to your card to send you supplies. I was not happy with first delivery. I called and cancelled account, they said the second supply was on its way. I have to sent shipping to send it back, and after 3 months they keep charging to the account. Customer serviced said they keep charging until 4 till 6 weeks after you sent product back because that is the time to take it to process the refund.
Avoid headaches and get ripped off, do not buy this CRAPY PRODUCT. It is not worth it at all. Save yourself headaches dealing with their customer service is horrible as the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, ladies...please read: I know this product can be tough to use. It took me months of playing with it to figure it out. You really do have to do two washings with it.

I have super thick, strawberry blond hair that is down to my waist. When I first get in the shower, I apply a lighter coat (less pumps) and really soak my hair, work it in and wash out. Then, I apply a heavier coat (more pumps), again, soaking my hair and working it in...but this time, I also use a tangle free comb and comb it through. Then, I let it sit in my hair for at least 3 minutes while I shave my legs, exfoliate, etc. When I'm ready to rinse it out...I rinse like crazy, making sure I get all of the cleanser out. My final rinse is a cool water rinse. Then, while my hair is soaking wet, I apply a small pump as a leave-in conditioner...I apply it starting at the back of my head and massage it in. It sounds like a lot, I know. But...after a lot of practice I have this down to a science and I can do it all in less than 10 minutes.

I shower daily, however, after using WEN and finally getting the hang of it, I don't have to wash my hair as much. Before, with shampoo, it was almost a daily thing. Doing this, of course, dried my scalp out majorly (no matter what shampoo I used). With WEN, I can go a couple of days before cleansing my hair.

It is a pricey product...but I do find that since I don't need to use it daily that it does last quite a long time...even with the length and thickness of the hair I have.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted Wen to work for me but it didn't. I did use up the entire bottle and I paid about $13 for it from ebay. My hair felt really nice the first couple of days (washing hair every 2 days) then my hair became very oily and weighed down no matter how much I rinsed my hair. My hair is long and fine and tends to be dry with flakes smetimes but after using this I couldn't get it to do anything and it had no body whatsoever. Not even bunning it wet overnight fixed it. It would just pull the body right out. I even tried the knock off from Sally's Beauty Supply (they have sample packets for around a dollar called Hair One maybe?) thinking maybe my formula just wasn't right for me and nope it didn't work either. There are still not so good chemicals in this product even tho its less than most brands. Now I stick to my Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and my fine hair has more body than I ever thought I could get just from washing. p.s. I use tea tree oil for a lot of other things including my scalp and it helps w/ flakes if used sparingly. But this brand was not for me.