July 26, 2014 | 1867 users online

Makeup Brushes - LaurEss - Cashmere Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate to be the one to ruin this brush's perfect MUA rating, but I've got a bone to pick with it. Yes, it's beautiful and soft and deposits mineral makeup extraordinarily well, but it started falling apart on me after just four months! I do wash my brushes often, but I'm pretty careful not to get the base wet. I think the glue of this brush is just flimsy, as I've never had this happen before with brushes I washed just as often. Perhaps mine was defective, but it was a disappointment as I love everything else I've gotten from LaurEss.

Edit 3/10/12: After it finally broke in half (WTF?), I fixed it with superglue and now it's working absolutely perfectly. So I'm raising my review from 2 lippies to 4.

Edit 7/7/2013: It's still going strong, with no issues at all since the Great Supergluing of 2012. And can I say it is still the softest, most evenly distributing thing ever even after two years of heavy use and weekly washings? Consider yourself redeemed, Cashmere Kabuki, and your perfect MUA rating restored!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best mmu brush ever. Silky, loads well, deposits evenly. I love it and want it to last forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Mirtika

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THE FRICKEN BEST KABUKI BRUSH!

I have kabukis from MAC and from Sephora and this one from LaurEss is the one I like best and use most. I like it so much--it's soft and gentle on my sensitive skin, it applies mineral makeup great, and any face powder nicely, frankly, including my bronzer from Sephora--that I got THREE of them. Yep. Three. One for translucent powders, one for mineral foundation, and one for bronzer/blending blush edges.

I adore this brush. When it goes on sale again, I'll get another for a back-up.

Yes, can't do without this one.

Mir

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by SparkleGems74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely agree with all previous reviews. This is by far the best kabuki I have ever tried. It is dense, super soft and applies foundation like a dream! I have 2 now so I never have to go without if I have shampooed my brushes (although that is something I tend to not do often enough LOL). You can't go wrong here. This brush really is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by quefret

I LOVE THIS BRUSH! :-) It is so soft! When I first got it I could not stop brushing it against my cheek to feel how soft it is. It applies well, cleans well, and does not aggravate my sensitive rosacea skin. I tried using my old kabuki when this one was wet from cleaning. I found a new use for my hair dryer shortly thereafter. HIGHLY recommended. I agree with the other reviews that have been posted before me - you absolutely cannot go wrong with this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by SarahK1414

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This kabuki is the best I've tried. It's made of goat hair so it's super soft. Mineral makeup applies wonderfully. Usually $30 but I got it for $18 as well. Very dense and application of product is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by b_u_t_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of kabuki's! Extremely soft and fluffy. Applies my minimalist or ethereal foundation perfectly. On sale I paid only $18... I'm kicking myself for not buying more than one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by sertasheeplover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the nest kabuki I have come across. I ended up choosing this one based on its reviews here(thank you MUA!)
The brush feels like air on the face. Makeup goes on beautifully and smooth. Ive had mine for abuot four months now, and now a single hair has shed.

After washing it, the shape came back to its original form, and again, no hairs lost. I think I paid $30.00 for it. Well worth my money. Should I ever lose it, or it becomes destroyed, I will repurchase it absolutely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by alicious

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG brush for giving minerals a soft, diffused, airbrushed look. My skin is really sensitive and this is firm but not at all scratchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sparkleplenty156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one AWESOME Kabuki! I am amazed, everytime I cave to the reviews and buy a "fab kabuki", I am always surprised how inferior it is to my LaurEss Kabuki! I have paid hundreds of dollars for kabiukis (a bit of a fanatic) and this one is not only the best I have tried but (IMHO) totally underpriced, not that I am complaining :p If you want a dense soft kabuki this is just the best out there, puts Chanel and Cat to shame, even BB could take some lessons from this bad boy!! ROFL!