September 22, 2014 | 984 users online

Mascara - Almay - One coat water proof mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this stuff a lot. My skin gets kinda oily by mid day, so I often wash it around lunchtime. This stuff stays put if I keep suds away from my eyes, but when I wash before bed, it comes right off as I lather it. It doesn't make my sensitive eyes freak out, and a tube seems to last a reasonable length of time. Takes a couple coats for me, but I have fine blonde lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by amymua122

This makes my eyelashes ugly! And it was near impossible to remove this mascara! So I guess it is very waterproof and all but it does not come off ! it took me forever to take it off. I would not buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SuperFineFanny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I seem to have a problem with eyeliners and mascaras making my eyes itch to the blazes, so I go with only hypoallergenic products for my bippers. I've been pleasantly surprised with this Almay product. I use one coat as I'm not a glopper with mascara. I make sure I wipe some of the product off at the tip of the mascara brush as some can pile up there. It lasts all day at work (9.5 hour day) and only if I cry or endure endless humidity, will it rub off on to my cheeky eye area. I purchased the color in brown/black, which makes for a nice natural compromise from black. Plan on purchasing again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara for summertime, since it said waterproof. It will make your lashes look dark, with extra volume, which is what I wanted, but it comes off in water (wasn't expecting that from a " waterproof " mascara). So, I would steer clear of this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by deedeetaylor8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is pretty mediocre for a mascara, even if it is inexpensive... One coat leaves me with spider lashes, and clumps like I've never seen before. If you don't remove it with some good eye makeup remover, it will leave flakes behind days later. I didn't like the brush, because it was full on one side, but the rest was so thin, which I think makes it harder to get the effect you want. One small plus side, it made my lashes look really long, furthermore making my eyes look more awake. I will not buy this again, as there are so much better mascaras out there...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by butterfly91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

.....reaaaally not my favorite...smudges like crazy and doesn't even look that great to start with....definitely not worth the 7 bucks or whatever

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by lupita1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never used a product that made my lashes look worst! I use fiberwig mascara with ysl volume mascara combo ( the best products) but tried almay mascara for work to not go through the others too fast.
It did NOthing for me. It actually made my lashes look thinner, spidery, with NO volume or length. I wouldn't even have paid a dollar for this horrible excuse for a mascara..... If i could rate it a 0 I would have!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by jrichelled

I really want to say there was good attributes to this product. I guess it was waterproof. But it did NOTHING. It took a good 3 coats for it to do anything, which as I said was basically nothing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 9:40:00 AM More reviews by dangelo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Outstanding product. I have had the most expensive mascaras and this one rivals any of them. Incredible length, and fullness, and it lasts all day. Be sure to use extra makeup remover, this stuff really stays on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually write reviews when I come across a product which someone else reviewed and I've tried, just to give my two cents. This product I looked up because I have used mascara for about 25 or so years and some back in the glorious '80's were pretty dang lousy. This, however, must declare to be the WORST mascara I've ever used. I got this free through walgreens freebates program, and it is worth less than free as far as I am concerned. I'll begin with the very dry texture, can't ever glide this through my lashes. The brush is unbelievably bad. Instructions tell you to use "long bristles for length, curl and separation, then use short bristles for extra fullness" um, yeah, sure. Except that the stuff is so clumped to the wand good luck trying to figure out the short or long side. Try to wipe some off, and the toilet paper or Kleenex will stick like glue. Lastly, the stuff isn't even waterproof, smears all day, but SURPRISE!! try to take it off at night and prepare to loose half your lashes. I'm insulted they try to charge $7 bucks for this, I thought the $1 elf mascara was bad, but I tell you IMO, it beats this by a long shot.