August 31, 2014 | 1258 users online

Skincare - Face - Beauticontrol - Regeneration Gold Alpha Hydroxy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by hairdressermom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the BeautiControl MRP regimen for almost 5 years now and absolutely love their skincare products. I have a fair number of the department store brands as well as brands you get from an esthetician and for the price and quality of the products, BC has me sold for life. I am also one that researches ingredients and claims a company has and BC is a very reputable company as far as I am concerned. Thumbs up to a company that is continually improving upon already great products as science and technology becomes available.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Jassmin

I used Regeneration Gold for 3 months along with the whole BeautiControl Gold skincare system, including Cell Block C, Gold Eye, Gold Cleanser, Scrub, Tonic, Moisturizer, etc. I have normal/combination skin with minimal signs of aging so I was told by the BC Director that this was the product line for me - It was supposed to maintain, repair and protect my skin's youthful appearance. I had reservations about spending such a crazy amount of money on so many skincare products, but I am a sucker for skincare, so I forked over big bucks for the whole line. I have always had nice skin with minimal signs of aging, and at first it didn't seem like it was doing anything. But after using it for a few months my healthy skin became raw, chapped, dull looking and started peeling around my mouth. My skin looked and felt awful. It was so dry and it really hurt. Thankfully, once I stopped using this product my skin improved. Eventually, I stopped using the entire BC skincare line because in my opinion, it was way overpriced, and it did absolutely nothing for my skin. In fact, after I would apply the Cell Block C, it would peel off of my face throughout the day, and when I would apply the Gold Moisturizer, my face would sweat. It was really strange. However, I have heard these same complaints from other individuals, so I know that it is not just me. Fortunately, any damage from the BC Regeneration Gold line has been reversed by the use of Estee Lauder and Avon products. In general, I think that BeautiControl needs to figure out a way to combine their skincare into fewer products. I mean everyday I would use 7 products on my face (cleanser all the way to moisturizer) and this does not include the makeup or lipcare. On top of that I was told that for maximum benefits I should continue to use their microderm abrasion. My face hurts just thinking about the fierce burning fire that would have added to my already broken, chemically burned skin. Never again will I repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2006 9:33:00 PM More reviews by augulala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mother is a consultant and I HATED the old smell...so I resisted using the product. I'd get a headache from sitting too close to my mother after she'd applied it. The smell seemed to overwhelm. It is a smell I will never forget. I tried using the OLD (red/white) and couldn't figure out why my eyes would burn!!! It was the fumes!! NOW with the new (blue/white)I get all of the benefits that my now 30 y old face needs with out the fragrance issues of the product. Not too drying and it neither burns my eyes nor my skin like the old one did.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2006 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Dancer6978

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

*sigh* I have very dry skin and had been using this product since I was 20 or 21 (now 27). I LOVED it. It made my skin feel so smooth and look so bright. However, when they changed the formula from the pink gel to the blue gel (in 2005 or 2006), it started drying out my skin terribly. I can't even use it anymore because of how dry my skin gets. After applying it, I have to put on at least three layers of moisturizer. I'm so sad! I used to love this product more than anything, but the new formula is just too drying. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2005 3:27:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Still a winner! BC has a very good alpha-hydroxy line that is not too irritating and very effective.

Nice feeling cream and a unique delivery system.

Regeneration products WORK and are a good value for the price.

Note: Discontinued prior to 2012.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2004 9:59:00 AM More reviews by thboyd

This is the best Alpha Hydroxy cream I have ever used. It is moisturizing but very effective. After one week of use, my skin already looks much better and more even-toned. It is great for sunspots or hyperpigmentaion. Try it, you can't lose anything but spots!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2003 7:16:00 AM More reviews by TeresaC64

Regeneration Gold is the best!!! I had sun damage underneath my eyes, after 2 weeks it was just about all gone using it with the Cell Block C. These 2 are the best and I've used everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2003 12:18:00 AM More reviews by mytheleneblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the eye regeneration gold works great on my skin and i am only 28, it has helped with the fine lines i was beginning to get around my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2001 9:20:00 AM More reviews by CateinAz

This is an excellent alpha hydroxy acid for most complexions. I definitely saw an improvement in my skin after using this consistently for about 2 weeks. Skin has evened out with regards to redness, tone and feels smoother. Probably my favorite product from the Beauticontrol line.