December 19, 2014 | 1575 users online

Sunscreen - 3LAB - Perfect Lite Sunblock spf 30

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by siameselover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is called 3Lab Perfect Lite "Sunscreen" spf 30. It is my favorite daily sunscreen because it is very gentle, non-whitening, moisturizing and vey easy to blend in. The texture is a lightweight lotion.This is the only chem-free sunscreen I've tired that doesn't dry out my skin or leave it irritated at the end of the day. I use tretinoin cream and AHA serum, so my skin is vulnerable to sunburn and irritation. It can be removed easily with regular facial cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Applied easily enough. No significant White cast and didn't ball up too badly. Quite moisturising. It's downfalls are it melts when the temperature rises, and turns into a greasy, shiney mess. It also clogged my pores.

The formula must have been changed in the past few years as it's very different to what the other reviewers are reviewing.

Active Ingredients

Titanium Dioxide 2.48%, Zinc Oxide 6.00%

Inactive Ingredients

Water (Aqua/Eau), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 80, Caprylyl Methicone, Sodium Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-6 Isostearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydiemthylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green tea) Leaf Extract, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by eyeThink

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sunscreen is just far too greasy and shiny for me. I have sensitive, acne and hyperpigmentation-prone skin that tends toward oily. I used it for months in part to combat the dryness resulting from prescription acne treatments, but once I stopped the treatments I realized that the 3Lab sunscreen was only breaking me out pretty badly thus rendering the treatments virtually useless. This sunscreen would probably work best for someone with extremely dry skin that never ever breaks out. It is an all-physical sunscreen which could be of benefit to individuals with sensitive skin or allergies to chemical sunscreen ingredients. The ingredients on my box differ from what is listed below by the previous reviewer. The percentages of the actives are not listed on the box. The ingredients are

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Octyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimet, **Polysorbate 80, Polyglyceryl 6 Isostearate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Chamomile Extract, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Sodium Levulinate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2006 6:44:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have mild rosacea, fair skin & very prone to clogged pores. After trying several all physical ss, I like this one the best and I have to say I'm impressed with the level of protection it seems to be providing. The white cast is hardly noticeable and it hasn't clogged my pores at all. It's also easy to spread, unlike many other physical ss. The texture is similar to DDF Organic but this is *slightly* heavier/oilier.

(this keeps getting harder to get - I used to get if from the 3Lab website but now they only sell their prods through Saks & Barneys. And now Saks no longer offers this ss, so the only place to get it is Barneys. oh and also the price went up to $45 for 3.4 oz so it's kinda $$)

My experiences with other physical ss:

DDF Organic spf 30 (now spf 15 but same % of actives)- I love the texture of this and it never clogged my pores, but the protection level is way too low. Several people have burned w/this.
DHC White - gave my face a dry, tight and chalky-white pallor, yuck. At the same time it was clogging my pores.
Fancl Sunguard - totally unbearable streaky white cast for me and really clogged my pores. I could never wear this on a daily basis. I'm pale & this was like a kabuki mask.
Epicuren Zinc - the most invisible one I've tried but it didn't protect me from the sun at all.
Linda Sy zinc - too thick and dry, way too hard to rub in
Cotz (all physical one) - same as Linda Sy

Ingredients for 3Lab Ultra Lite:Titanium Dioxide 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 6.5%

Inactive Ingredients:Water, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Copolyol, Polyglyceryl-2, Diisostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Xanthophyll (Lutein), Allantoin, Green Tea Extract, Butylene Glycol, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Zirconium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No