October 25, 2014 | 1020 users online

Palettes - Laura Geller - Chocolate Fix 4 Piece Color Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2006 12:04:00 PM More reviews by delta69purple

I love this kit. I use it every morning now. It doesn't take me anytime at all to get out of the door. You really only need one shadow with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2006 4:08:00 PM More reviews by tricksi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ordered this from Sephora after seeing it presented on QVC. The eyeshadow color is very pretty. Just a enough shimmer to it to make the eyes pop. I also really like the cheek color and it is very sheer. I think the mascara is a waste in the kit. I would've rather seen an eyeliner or a small compact of balance and brighten or regular face powder. But since they are trying to make a kit with the basics, I can understand there being a mascara. The lip shine color is pretty too with nice staying power though I would prefer it be a more creamy matte or sheer formulation verses metallic. With the abundance of "radiance" type face powders out there, adding shimmery eyes, cheeks and lips is going overboard. I want shimmer to be an accent verses the foundation of my makeup. I expect to wear the colors in this kit more as seperates than all at once and feel the eyeshadow and blush make it all worthwhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by tupperwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this set from QVC and I love it! I wanted a collection that was easy to apply for early mornings and this is great. I need Waterproof mascara for work so I won't use that but the Raspberry Truffle blush is wonderful. It is nice and creamy and goes on so well. It is a beautiful raspberry color but very sheer and easy to apply and not a bight color, very natural looking but noticable.
The eyeshadow is a nice brown, chocolate mousse. I have to be careful with browns but I wore that yesterday as the only color on my lids and my DH even commented on how nice I looked.
I am in total LOVE with the copper lip stay gloss. It is a beautiful copper color but not real brassy. I have 3 hours during the day when I don't have even 2 seconds to reapply lip stuff and this gloss is still perfect on my lips after this time. I put the color on, wait one minute then apply the clear gloss and I love the clear gloss. It is nice and creamy but not sticky and it doesn't slide off my lips. And the gloss isn't drying which I am totally excited about. I will be purchasing more of this lip stay gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by avar

Laura has done it again. I have to agree with other reviewers that the eye shadow in this kit is a wonderful shade. It works well with my brown eyes. The blush goes on smoothly and since it is not highly pigmented, I don't overdo it. I tend to be heavy handed with blush, so this one helps me overcome that. Although I rarely use lipsticks in the brown or bronze family, this one is not too dark and it does not turn orange on me. I have not tried the mascara yet, but even if I do not like it, the rest of the kit will make up for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by glamourcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this kit over and year ago and it's my favorite in her collection.

The eye shadow is a beautiful brown with just a touch of gold flecks. The cream blush is very easy to apply and I think the color would flatter almost any skin tone. The lip color is also very flattering.

BTW, it seems like the Chocolate Mousse eye shadow has a huge following. It's been available as a seperate purchase on QVC, for those who don't want to buy the whole kit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This eyeshadows in Chocolate Mousse gets a lot of hype over on some of the QVC boards, so i really wanted to try this. THe kit comes with 4 pieces:

0.32 oz raspberry truffle face frosting blush. This blush retails alone for $19. Its a large rosy brown creme blush. Glides on super smooth, easy to blend and lasts all day without breakouts. I was surprised how nice the quality was of this creme blush. looked so natural with my NC30 light olive complexion. Same size as Paula Dorf cream blush with twist off cap and clear lid.

0.07 oz chocolate mousse eye shadow. This is a very sheer shimmery brown taupe shadow. Very similiar to MAC Sable shadow but less pigmented. So you can really layer this nicely. Color looks beautiful with my brown eyes. The shimmer really makes my eyes stand out without alot of color. Retails individually for $12. Small flip top compact.

0.30 oz creamy black mascara. Nothing special. Smudges and clumps. Not a fan.

0.119 oz dual component clear lip stay gloss with 0.129 oz copper lip stay. This is a metallic rosey brown shade. Lasts a solid 5 hours but is slightly drying. Not as bad as some of the other longwearing brands, but similiar. Has a metallic finish to it. Very pretty with my light olive complexion. SImiliar to MAC pro longwear lippie with one end having color and one end clear gloss with wand applicator.

Overall, i really like the color products in this kit. THe set retails for just under $30 on QVC.com. The colors may not be super unique but they work well together for a subtle daytime natural makeup look.